Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
What does he owes us big time?

He gave up Michalek and a 2nd for Dany freaking Heatley and his burden of a contract... Michalek was a 24 y/o explosive forward averaging 55-65 pts in his last 3 years with the Sharks with more than 3 millions less per year on his cap hit than Heatley

Heatley had 1 good season with the Sharks and became a headache very fast. Yes Heatley has been a very productive forward in the past but he showed signs of decline and an "headcase aura" in 2008-09. If he was so "wanted" by GMs, offers would have come flying, but I don't think it was the case... and Heatley was controlling his destiny. If Murray is to blame for something in this, is for giving Heatley a big contract without seeing the eventual problems with him

I'd say what is happening today for Heatley (4 pts in 21 games) is not that surprising. Heatley's skating has degraded every year. Anyone who'd like to have Heatley before Michalek is simply out of his mind

We got very lucky to get rid of that contract. We could have been even more lucky if it wasn't for Michalek injuries

I'd trade Greening and Gryba for Havlat if he wants to get rid of Havlat 5.0 cap hit

Michalek-Spezza-Havlat
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Grant-Neil
Kassian

Does anyone like those lines?

LOVE :):):) the second and third lines. Spezza line still a mess !!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I do like the idea of going after Wayne Simmonds, if he is available. Moving Wiercioch or some other package for him would be a great move, short-term and long-term.

What ??? You want a real solution ? Lets bring back Havlat, Heatley and Redden :sarcasm:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'd still rather have Havlat over both Conacher and Michalek

Simple question if we traded Havlat for Conacher (which the Sharks would do in a second) is this team much better ? You are acquiring 11 million dollars of contract for an aging injury prone player who's best years are behind him. (name me some players that get BETTER at Havlats age). Conacher has the ability to improve and has shown flashes of top end talent. Is he a top six guy right now ???? Won't really know until he gets some sort of consistent run in the top six. MacLean actually looks like he maybe be doing that the last two games. Short term logic right here that certainly won't improve your chances of building a winner that eventually wins a Stanley Cup, hey just my two cents worth :)

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Simple question if we traded Havlat for Conacher (which the Sharks would do in a second) is this team much better ? You are acquiring 11 million dollars of contract for an aging injury prone player who's best years are behind him. (name me some players that get BETTER at Havlats age). Conacher has the ability to improve and has shown flashes of top end talent. Is he a top six guy right now ???? Won't really know until he gets some sort of consistent run in the top six. MacLean actually looks like he maybe be doing that the last two games. Short term logic right here that certainly won't improve your chances of building a winner that eventually wins a Stanley Cup, hey just my two cents worth :)

Agreed, I definitely would not count out Conacher. The guy definitely needs to improve but he has also been snake bitten quite a bit.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I'd have no issues moving conachar as I don't see him as a long term answer to our top 6. However I would not trade him for havlat or hemsky or any expensive player with injury concerns.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Agreed, I definitely would not count out Conacher. The guy definitely needs to improve but he has also been snake bitten quite a bit.

Not really sticking up for him as much as stating if we wanted Havlat San Jose would GIVE HIM to us to get rid of the financial committment. That said people always need to be very patient with young players. It's the same people that were all over Turris and Zibanejad early last year. Worse case scenario is he's a third line player and what's wrong with that, he will be useful.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'd have no issues moving conachar as I don't see him as a long term answer to our top 6. However I would not trade him for havlat or hemsky or any expensive player with injury concerns.

I have no issues moving anyone if we get the proper return :) I'm glad though that you can already see that he isn't the answer in the top 6 for the future. Wish I had that ability :nod: But again who cares if he's top 6 or bottom 6 he brings energy to this team as well as a never say die attitude.:)

John Holmes*

What does he owes us big time?

He gave up Michalek and a 2nd for Dany freaking Heatley and his burden of a contract... Michalek was a 24 y/o explosive forward averaging 55-65 pts in his last 3 years with the Sharks with more than 3 millions less per year on his cap hit than Heatley

Heatley had 1 good season with the Sharks and became a headache very fast. Yes Heatley has been a very productive forward in the past but he showed signs of decline and an "headcase aura" in 2008-09. If he was so "wanted" by GMs, offers would have come flying, but I don't think it was the case... and Heatley was controlling his destiny. If Murray is to blame for something in this, is for giving Heatley a big contract without seeing the eventual problems with him

I'd say what is happening today for Heatley (4 pts in 21 games) is not that surprising. Heatley's skating has degraded every year. Anyone who'd like to have Heatley before Michalek is simply out of his mind

We got very lucky to get rid of that contract. We could have been even more lucky if it wasn't for Michalek injuries

I'd trade Greening and Gryba for Havlat if he wants to get rid of Havlat 5.0 cap hit

Michalek-Spezza-Havlat
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Grant-Neil
Kassian

Does anyone like those lines?

So if Heatley was such a problem, I guess Murray's truly stupid move was giving him that contract in the first place.

Not unloading him for a broken down 2nd liner and assorted junk.

Got it.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I have no issues moving anyone if we get the proper return :) I'm glad though that you can already see that he isn't the answer in the top 6 for the future. Wish I had that ability :nod: But again who cares if he's top 6 or bottom 6 he brings energy to this team as well as a never say die attitude.:)

In my opinion I don't think he will be a top 6 player. I obviously could be wrong and would love to be wrong about that. To me he seems to lack a bit of hockey sense, but I do love his effort. No need for sarcasm.

Nothing wrong with a good bottom sixer your right, we just seem to have a few of prospects who look like they will be similar and be ready soon.

I just think as a cheap depth player with some potential he could be viewed highly by other organizations , and out of our forwards I think by himself or as a package he'd garner the best return.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
In my opinion I don't think he will be a top 6 player. I obviously could be wrong and would love to be wrong about that. To me he seems to lack a bit of hockey sense, but I do love his effort. No need for sarcasm.

Nothing wrong with a good bottom sixer your right, we just seem to have a few of prospects who look like they will be similar and be ready soon.

I just think as a cheap depth player with some potential he could be viewed highly by other organizations , and out of our forwards I think by himself or as a package he'd garner the best return.

Your right my tone was wrong I apologize. Actually his hockey sense is something he's known for. What will hold him back is his size and his confidence level has seemed low for most of the year. Big trade at such a young point in his career can do that. That said I stated before his last two games he has been skating and handling the puck much better. Probably why MacLean has actually kept him there for two games :)

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Your right my tone was wrong I apologize. Actually his hockey sense is something he's known for. What will hold him back is his size and his confidence level has seemed low for most of the year. Big trade at such a young point in his career can do that. That said I stated before his last two games he has been skating and handling the puck much better. Probably why MacLean has actually kept him there for two games :)

To me when I watch him , he seems to be off by a foot or so around the net for passes or rebound, that I attributed to hockey sense for not quite reading a play in the offensive zone without the puck. But your right that could be him being out muscled due to size since he goes to the dirtier areas of the ice.

Either way I'm more confident in our forwards playing better as the year goes on then our D. I feel conachar is the most likely player to help get a stabilizing component on D.

I just mentioned hemsky and havlat cause they've been rumored as trade pieces and to me whatever trade pieces ( conachar) included would be wasted on that type of move.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
To me when I watch him , he seems to be off by a foot or so around the net for passes or rebound, that I attributed to hockey sense for not quite reading a play in the offensive zone without the puck. But your right that could be him being out muscled due to size since he goes to the dirtier areas of the ice.

Either way I'm more confident in our forwards playing better as the year goes on then our D. I feel conachar is the most likely player to help get a stabilizing component on D.

I just mentioned hemsky and havlat cause they've been rumored as trade pieces and to me whatever trade pieces ( conachar) included would be wasted on that type of move.

Yes I agree but I chalk it more up to confidence, who knows ? I don't think Conacher is worth that much right now because other teams are unable to see him play every game so statistics do matter. That said he has contributed with drawing penalties and being a pest to the other team, he's been involved in a lot more goals than the point total shows.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know that Senschirp isn't exactly reliable or anything, but if there are any legs to his rumour what do you think the chances are that Edmonton would bite on something around Eberle and Zibanejad?

Maybe even a bigger deal of something like Eberle + Schultz/Petry/Klefbom for Zibanejad and Cowen (stretching it a bit).

Either way I'd be down for something like a Zibanejad for Eberle swap, although Ottawa would likely have to add.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I know that Senschirp isn't exactly reliable or anything, but if there are any legs to his rumour what do you think the chances are that Edmonton would bite on something around Eberle and Zibanejad?

Maybe even a bigger deal of something like Eberle + Schultz/Petry/Klefbom for Zibanejad and Cowen (stretching it a bit).

Either way I'd be down for something like a Zibanejad for Eberle swap, although Ottawa would likely have to add.

I like eberle but I'm not a fan of our team speed right now , and while highly skilled he's not exactly a burner. If we are trading for a top 6 winger and not a top for D, well for one I'd be mad but I'd also hope the player coming back was an excellent skater.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Vrbada would be a good target for the Sens. He only makes $3 mil, is a UFA at the end of this season, likely won't cost as much as the others people on here are always talking about & is a pretty good & consistent goal scorer & play maker. Vrbata has 17 pts in 19 games so far this yr, he is only 32 & likely has a few yrs left in him & would fit in nicely wth Spezza & fellow Czech Mchalek on their line. While I doubt Phoenix would want Conacher or Condra they may bite on Puempel who is a former 1st rd pick. But I would want to send some salary the other way & would add Condra & Corvo to that deal.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I like eberle but I'm not a fan of our team speed right now , and while highly skilled he's not exactly a burner. If we are trading for a top 6 winger and not a top for D, well for one I'd be mad but I'd also hope the player coming back was an excellent skater.

You make a good point about our speed. I just would be reluctant to give up Zibanejad. That said he is a center NOT a winger and he should be playing there, but there just isn't any room right now.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I can see something centered around Cowen for Yakupov.we add but fits what they're doing.

Maybe Cowen and greening for Yakupov and joensuu? Maybe we add a good prospect.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

Not trying to pick on Conacher but the reason why he is playing with Spezza is because the GM wants to see if he is the guy to play with Spezza before they bring someone up from Bingo or make a trade for that top 6 player they need. Injury concerns aside, you can't tell me that Havlat is not better than Conacher. He is 32 yrs old not 42........Its just like saying that you wouldn't take Hossa for Conacher because he is 34 yrs old.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Eberle is a pretty good skater. Keeps up with Hall most nights. He isn't going to be winning any speed competitions but he's above average.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
IMO Vrbada would be a good target for the Sens. He only makes $3 mil, is a UFA at the end of this season, likely won't cost as much as the others people on here are always talking about & is a pretty good & consistent goal scorer & play maker. Vrbata has 17 pts in 19 games so far this yr, he is only 32 & likely has a few yrs left in him & would fit in nicely wth Spezza & fellow Czech Mchalek on their line. While I doubt Phoenix would want Conacher or Condra they may bite on Puempel who is a former 1st rd pick. But I would want to send some salary the other way & would add Condra & Corvo to that deal.

No way the Yotes trades Vrbata. They need him, a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad