Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Oh I don't know, Wolanin will probably play some in Belleville to start the yr & gain some valuable experience maybe on the top pairing down there & play in all situations. Claesson could be signed to share playing time with Harpur again & is a good piece to have around as a trading asset. This is how I see the defence shaping up to at least start next season. Inevitably Boro will get hurt more that a few times next yr & Claesson should be around to replace him when he is.

Chabot - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman/Claesson

Belleville Defence Next Yr Unless Something Changes:
Wolanin - Bergman
Lajoie - Jaros
Englund - Burgdoerfer
Sieloff - Erkamps/

Here's a proposal that will never happen:
To NYI: EK RD & Anderson G
To Ottawa: 2019 1st rd pick, Dobson RD, Walhstrom RW & Boychuck RD (money dump)

Delete Boychuck and add Pulock to make it less punishing to Ottawa and provide a replacement for Karlsson at D.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
The offence without Karlsson would be garbage.

Just sign the player who tilts the ice more than any other player in the league.

I'd do Seguin for Karlsson.

Chabot becomes the 1a. Sens would also have Ceci, Wideman, Harpur, Borowiecki, England, Wolanin, Cleasson, etc. Sens would probably have to dip into free agency for another top 4.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Delete Boychuck and add Pulock to make it less punishing to Ottawa and provide a replacement for Karlsson at D.
Again I like Pulock & if they did that it would be great but IMO it's too much. I thought Dobson would be the long term replacement for EK & Ceci or Jaros would play with Chabot until Dobson was ready for top line duties.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Chabot becomes the 1a. Sens would also have Ceci, Wideman, Harpur, Borowiecki, England, Wolanin, Cleasson, etc. Sens would probably have to dip into free agency for another top 4.
Why? That's so incredibly bad. If we're gonna have one year of a player why not just have Karlsson who is better and fits our needs over Seguin.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Why? That's so incredibly bad. If we're gonna have one year of a player why not just have Karlsson who is better and fits our needs over Seguin.
What if it wasn't just one year of a player? What if both signed deals? Karlsson is not worth 11 or 12 or 13 Mil a season Imo as good as he is. That's a handicap contract for the sens.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But is he wrong?
He's wrong that he shouldn't have to give Ottawa anything to take Hossa. And because of that arrogance, he can keep Hossa's contract and be worse off because of it.

That said, Chicago isn't a real contender these days, so riding themselves of Hossa's contract isn't as big of a deal. They are probably better off not having delusions of going for the cup right now and keeping their picks.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Again I like Pulock & if they did that it would be great but IMO it's too much. I thought Dobson would be the long term replacement for EK & Ceci or Jaros would play with Chabot until Dobson was ready for top line duties.

I am hoping Lou wants to make a big splash signing Tavares and trading for Karlsson. That splash might be what gets us Pulock too. I hope so.

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

That would seem so strange for Dallas to swap Seguin for Karlsson.

One giant step forward one giant step backward. With Klingberg there already, they probably get more value out of Seguin than Karlsson imo.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Carlson re-signed after playing out final season.

Stamkos re-signed after playing out final season.

Tavares looks like he will be re-signed after playing out final season.

Someone please tell me again why we HAVE to trade Karlsson this summer...

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If Friedman is a waste, then who isn't?

Friedman is a top-3 guy in his field. If you're calling him out, then you're basically calling out every hockey media person on the continent.
I'm fine with calling out the hockey media. Between the BS rumours they make up and the playing to Leafs/Habs faithful, I'm disgusted by their antics.

Reactions: DJB

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Someone please tell me again why we HAVE to trade Karlsson this summer...

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad