Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 ‎part deux the sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I also don't see why people include that 1 way year on McCormick's deal as dorion painting himself into a corner. We waive him and he gets picked up, no problem. If not, we have a guy making 650k in the AHL for 1 year instead of 200k (or an NHL level player). This really is not a big deal...

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I also don't see why people include that 1 way year on McCormick's deal as dorion painting himself into a corner. We waive him and he gets picked up, no problem. If not, we have a guy making 650k in the AHL for 1 year instead of 200k (or an NHL level player). This really is not a big deal...

Except this team doesn't bury one-way contracts in the minors because Eugene Melnyk.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Hoffman was never in the AHL on a 1-way

Hammond situation a bit different with a goalie

Took a year and a half to send Greening to the AHL for half a season, until we were able to trade him along with another contract buried, because we don't want 1-ways in the AHL

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Hoffman was never in the AHL on a 1-way

Hammond situation a bit different with a goalie

Took a year and a half to send Greening to the AHL for half a season, until we were able to trade him along with another contract buried, because we don't want 1-ways in the AHL
Does any team want 1-ways in the AHL? It happens however....

I think the thing with this team is they give players every chance to prove themselves at the cost of having no value around the league when we move on. When we give up on a player you can be sure there isn't much there.

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If Jagr wanted to come to Ottawa, I'd be glad and hope the team would sign him, still think if he comes back next year it's going to be with a team that's closer to winning a Cup than we are.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
meh Jagr is a little slow to play in our system imo

but he is a great possession guy and can help on the PP.

I think if used properly he would be a great addition to the team. We could always roll 4 lines and our 13 forward would be a good player

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I still would like Vanek on a cheap contract. In my mind he's basically guaranteed to outplay his contract given the reputation you guys mentioned. Is he my first choice? No but there's not a lot out there and even less that we can actually afford. Vanek will win us games on the cheap(at least in the regular season). I see very little risk. He's a buy low 30 point+ player and im perhaps being a tad bit conservative saying 30 points

I watched his lackluster display in the playoffs with montreal, im aware of his antics with the Austrian National Team and ive heard about his performance with Minnesota. Still he scored 10 points in 17 games with montreal in playoffs which is decent imo.

Perhaps i'm being a bit naive but i dont believe Vanek is going to come to this team with a bad attitude, score less than 20 points, make our team worse offensively and turn craig Anderson into a sieve.

Saying all this. I dont view Vanek as a type of player that the sens like although we did sign Kovalev and Latrendress in the past.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, Vanek sucks. Jagr on a one year would be good.

Vanek is actually pretty good. The games we played against Detroit and the games I've seen him play in Detroit last year before he was traded he was a pretty good player and worked hard along the board and also went in the dirty areas.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

McCormicks fine, even if he sucks in nhl forever, he always looks good among prospects and has been a good sen for us.

Idk guy plays hard he could probably replace Neils 2.5 minutes.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Just saw that Greening got $750K for one year from the leafs on July 1. Good for him. He'll be on the Marlies, but still playing pro hockey for a good salary. I always liked him. Not his fault he got overpaid, and expectations got out of hand in Ottawa.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hoffman-Turris-Jagr
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Macarthur-Brass-Ryan
Dzingel-Thompson-Burrows

thats a really deep forward group. Still missing a elite piece but it has a great mix of speed, skill, defensive ability, and grit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hoffman-Turris-Jagr
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Macarthur-Brass-Ryan
Dzingel-Thompson-Burrows

thats a really deep forward group. Still missing a elite piece but it has a great mix of speed, skill, defensive ability, and grit

That is a good forward group but you just happen to be missing the coach's favourite player Pyatt & we all know that isn't going to happen. :shakehead

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
That is a good forward group but you just happen to be missing the coach's favourite player Pyatt & we all know that isn't going to happen. :shakehead

and he can be put in on the 4th line, thats just my lineup.

our 13th forward will actually be useful so when injuries do come we have good support

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i just want us to get pp help any pp help would be good

having chabot on the team should help our second unit a bit but we really need that first unit boost if we want to take a step forward

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

having chabot on the team should help our second unit a bit but we really need that first unit boost if we want to take a step forward

The first option is for the coaches to fix the power play. They have already stated that it was a low priority last season and they did not work much on it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I don't think Chabot is top 4 ready, he won't be able to handle the big players and speed in the top 6 of most NHL teams - he'll be a complete mismatch skill wise to the opposition as a 3rd pairing D - but they have to get him a RD partner like Methot / Gryba who can just sit back, let him skate, back him up and clear the net - Chabot isn't a strong player yet, he'll need a couple of years before he'll be able to play PK and against the big forwards in the East.

I can't see Wideman being a good partnet for him, Ceci might be, and Harpur would be good if he is 82 NHL game ready - but Chabot needs some mucsle to help with NHL strength.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why not have Chabot on the first unit, and slide Hoffman into the high slot or half-wall from a wing position?

PP 1:
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Chabot - Karlsson

PP 2:
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Phaneuf - Karlsson/Ceci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad