Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
recent topics of interest,

- Trade for Giroux
- Re-sign Stalberg
- What number would Jagr wear if we signed him
- do these pants make me look fat?
- what my horoscope said and why I hate you now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
doesnt make sense to move ceci now that Meth is gone

he is a lock to stay on the roster imo

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
doesnt make sense to move ceci now that Meth is gone

he is a lock to stay on the roster imo

Methot gone.
Ceci 2nd in mins played on the team.
Karlsson UFA eligibility in 2 years.
Phaneuf is older.

Look at what Montreal has done in a year. Subban, Emelin, Beaulieu, Sergachev and possibly Markov gone. It looks very old all of a sudden and not as deep, unless they re-sign Markov (who makes them even older). If they have a d-man under 30 playing for them this season, it'll probably be 1 guy on the bottom pair. What will their d-corps look like in 3 years?

Things could change pretty quick and having the stability of a Ceci through this time is very important.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It makes little sense to sign Stalberg unless we move a forward in a trade. Right now, we have 12 forwards on one way deals (including Pageau and Dzingel).

Is it possible Dzingel gets traded if he asks for too much money? If he does, it would make sense to bring back Stalberg.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
On Friday, didn't Dorion say they'd know about Stalberg that day or Saturday? He then said: (paraphrasing...) "ok maybe for you guys going to the cottage I'll say Monday at the latest". They announce the signings but not the non-signings so can we say no official statement means no signing? Yes? Is it end of story?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
On Friday, didn't Dorion say they'd know about Stalberg that day or Saturday? He then said: (paraphrasing...) "ok maybe for you guys going to the cottage I'll say Monday at the latest". They announce the signings but not the non-signings so can we say no official statement means no signing? Yes? Is it end of story?

Day's not over... but I'd be inclined to agree that it's probably not looking good.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
We totally don't need StahlBergo. we have a full roster without considering the call ups eg. white

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We totally don't need StahlBergo. we have a full roster without considering the call ups eg. white

Agreed.

Not doing this by expected lines, but:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Burrows
Dzingel-Thompson-Pyatt

I don't see us signing Stalberg to be our 13th forward, or push one above to be our 13th forward. Then we have Paul, White, Didomenico and McCormick. No need to re-sign him even though I wanted to, Thompson replaced him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I wouldn't mind bringing him back just cause I think his speed can be used on some nights. Boucher likes to have options and depth depending on who we play and White is an unknown he could start in AHL after Brass comes back.

Fairly indifferent though. Would be happy to have him back but isn't a big loss if he isnt

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I feel like it wouldnt be much fun to play blackjack with dorion because he'd get to like 12 and decide to stand and see what happens

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The writing with Stalberg is on the wall.

Once Dzingel/Pageau are dealt with and Turris is extended, we'll have at least 12 forwards on 1 way deals this season and 13 next season when McCormick's 1 way kicks in.

Now a trade is possible, but 13 forwards on 1 way deals is a log jam. I would guess we prioritized getting a C, and with Pyatt willing to sign for relatively cheap, Pyatt and Thompson pushed Stalberg and Wingels out.

If there is a deal on the table for Stalberg, my guess is it is something to the effect of "look this is what we can do, if you want it, let us know". It's probably a low ball 1 year 750k type deal. We're at 65M in salary right now with Dzingel, Pageau, and a 23rd forward having to be paid, o I can't see us dropping 1.5M on Stalberg at this point when we already have 12 forwards on 1 way deals. I especially can't see us giving another bottom 6 player 2 years unless there's a big trade we are ready to pull the trigger on that'll move some bodies out.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Only way I see Ottawa re-signing Stalberg is if we somehow package Dzingel + Defenseman for a proven top-4 guy.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Was this ever confirmed?

EDIT: It seems fake. Can't find any corroboration from other sources. Just some dude.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Stalberg as our 12/13th forward would be great but considering Thompson took a spot I don't want him as badly

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Stalberg as our 12/13th forward would be great but considering Thompson took a spot I don't want him as badly

Thompson shouldnt effect Stalberg at all.. Thompson is Kellys replacement not Stalbergs.

The decision here is Dzingel v Stalberg.. The coach clearly preffered Stalberg for the last half of last year (and playoffs). And I would argue he is a better player for our bottom 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad