Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
So when he walks, at the end of the season, and becomes an UFA, it would be like letting Duchene go, for nothing.
No because is not a trade 1 vs 1 Maybe something like that a 1 rnd + Foudy + a young prospect Rd and Bobrovsky

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If I had to guess:
- Both Stone and Duchene are traded. The returns will leave a lot of the fanbase angry.
- Dzingel will be re-signed to an overpaid contract in a desperate effort from management to try and save face by "proving" to the fanbase that we can retain our "top players".

Realistic best-case scenario:
- we somehow find a way to convince Stone to stay
- we don't take pennies on the dollar in Duchene & Dzingel trades, and actually get back something of value.
Yup that’s where it’s at

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No because is not a trade 1 vs 1 Maybe something like that a 1 rnd + Foudy + a young prospect Rd and Bobrovsky

Bobrovsky has a full NTC, has apparently given CBJ a limited list of teams he would accept a trade to, but his agent has also refused to put into writing for CBJ those teams, thus has refused to make it official. (He would still have veto power as a result). The odds of a the Senators being one of those teams considering they are a rebuilding team with no money in a cold city that people consider to be boring would be pretty low.

Bobrosvky is worth a lot. It would make no sense to allocate that much value in a Duchene trade to a UFA who isn't likely to want to stay. Even if he did want to stay, the Senators aren't likely to be able to accommodate his contract demands which like almost every other star would include a no trade clause, front loaded money, along with signing bonuses.

People are questioning the idea because it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Bobrovsky has a full NTC, has apparently given CBJ a limited list of teams he would accept a trade to, but his agent has also refused to put into writing for CBJ those teams, thus has refused to make it official. (He would still have veto power as a result). The odds of a the Senators being one of those teams considering they are a rebuilding team with no money in a cold city that people consider to be boring would be pretty low.

Bobrosvky is worth a lot. It would make no sense to allocate that much value in a Duchene trade to a UFA who isn't likely to want to stay. Even if he did want to stay, the Senators aren't likely to be able to accommodate his contract demands which like almost every other star would include a no trade clause, front loaded money, along with signing bonuses.

People are questioning the idea because it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Yeah ok but I hope Dorion try to talk to is agent if he have a possibility

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
What if he believes in getting 9.5$ million per year playing in Manhattan or Orange County, or Miami? Playing for real NHL teams with real governance structures.

I know what I would do

The only reason I could see him staying is....

-We are willing to overpay him.
-He is really into the idea of being the guy on a team. There aren't many other teams that can offer him the opportunity of being the captain and face of the franchise both from the connections already made in the locker room, and off the ice.
-There's more going on behind the scenes regarding a sale and/or investors than we know about, and he has some assurance that our poor ownership will be resolved early into his contract.

The problem with overpaying Stone is that he's likely to get 10-12 million a year for 7 years with front loaded money and signing bonuses if he is a free agent on July 1st since teams already overpay free agents on July 1st. With that being the bar, what kind of overpayment could the Senators make without significant signing bonuses or upfront money?

The only real hope is that Stone buys into the idea of being the face of the franchise. That, or Brady Tkachuk is really funny in person.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Something around Duchene+Ceci for Patrick and Ghost

Both teams could make a big trade that fits I think

I think Myers would be a better fit considering .. Chabot, Wolanin, and Lajoie as LD all on the slight sight but all can move the puck.
If its to Philly which I doubt have any interest in Ceci as an upgrade to absolutely no one.. I would want Patrick, Myers, + conditional pick if Duchene signs.

Reactions: Clayonator

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad