Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We already have Paul as a healthy forward to take Ryan's spot though.

They are going on a west coast trip, so they usually take another warm body just in case. Still I'm pretty sure this guy gets more games than Paul on the trip, since he deserves it so much. With his whole one assist in 2 games.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Why? Definitely in a love hate relationship with this team at this point

They always take an extra body on the trip to Cali. Always seems to be more of a face puncher too for whatever reason. This lines up with what they've done in past years.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
They always take an extra body on the trip to Cali. Always seems to be more of a face puncher too for whatever reason. This lines up with what they've done in past years.
you probably dont want skilled guys coming on a trip as a warm body

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Why? Definitely in a love hate relationship with this team at this point

Big & physical with decent production at the NHL level. What's the beef? Chlapik just got back from injury and Batherson has been just ok since being sent down (5pts in 9 games). Just like you, I hope he doesn't play ahead of Balcers and Paul but as an extra man I don't mind it at all. It's why he was brought in.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Big & physical with decent production at the NHL level. What's the beef? Chlapik just got back from injury and Batherson has been just ok since being sent down (5pts in 9 games). Just like you, I hope he doesn't play ahead of Balcers and Paul but as an extra man I don't mind it at all. It's why he was brought in.

Yah extra body makes sense. At this point I would like to see Paul get a few game stretch in a position to succeed to see what he can do with it; not cuz I love the guy or anything, from what I've seen I think he can help. He seems to be the auto healthy scratch if they want to look at someone else.

Reactions: Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If he was an RD it might be worth consideration but I don't want him playing ahead of Chabot, Lajoie or Wolanin, anyway. Given that we already have Boro and Harpur taking minutes from them, I'd stay away.

$1.85m this year and next. $2.1m caphit.
Thought he was a right D to be honest.

Still a nice contract though

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Serious question here, if this is a true rebuild, wouldn't resigning Dzingel make more sense than resigning Stone or Duchene? He is cheaper, and would help get to the cap floor and would probably get us the smallest return. Resigning Duchene and/or Stone will help sell tickets, which is really all Melnyk cares about, but if they truly want to rebuild, both Stone and Duchene have to be moved.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Serious question here, if this is a true rebuild, wouldn't resigning Dzingel make more sense than resigning Stone or Duchene? He is cheaper, and would help get to the cap floor and would probably get us the smallest return. Resigning Duchene and/or Stone will help sell tickets, which is really all Melnyk cares about, but if they truly want to rebuild, both Stone and Duchene have to be moved.

I mean, if i were looking for a player to lead a group of young players, I dont think Dzingel is on that list. Stone would be at the top, Duchene would be one there as well.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I mean, if i were looking for a player to lead a group of young players, I dont think Dzingel is on that list. Stone would be at the top, Duchene would be one there as well.
You bring up a fair point, but Dzingel probably wants a 4 year contract. We likely wont be contending for most/all of those years so mine as well trade him for some assets.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Ryan for Lucic + works with me

they have decent prospects and picks and we have some other roster players that could make a larger deal (Ceci/Dzingel)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Melnyk and Dorion don't care about finding a leader, they care about the cap floor, that's it. No way this team will be able to attract a star player who will want to lead a rebuild with an erratic owner and an absent GM.

Reactions: TCB

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You bring up a fair point, but Dzingel probably wants a 4 year contract. We likely wont be contending for most/all of those years so mine as well trade him for some assets.

I'm fully on board with trading Dzingel, make no mistake. I'm fairly confident who ever ends up signing him in the off season will regret it.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I'm fully on board with trading Dzingel, make no mistake. I'm fairly confident who ever ends up signing him in the off season will regret it.
You think so? I guess it depends how much his next contract is for. I find Dzingel is pretty consistent, the team that signs him should know what their getting out of him. He's got his flaws but he can bury the puck. I think he'll get around a 4 x 4 contract, and should be a pretty consistent 20 goal scorer for most of it.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad