Trade Rumors and Proposals XII : Someday, we'll pass BabeWatch's numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Next trade deadline will be too late. He'll have been a 7th d-man, won't have played a lot, and will have lost a lot of value in a lot of GM's mind.

I repeat; you can't send him to Hamilton next season. Development is over for him in MTL.

Well he could likely take Gonchar's spot. I know it's a risk to keep him since his value could go way down but what if he finds his game. Dmen usually take long to develop and it would be a shame to trade him and find out he's like Myers or something. I doubt his play gets any worst than it is now and if we could pair him with an experienced guy like we did with Beaulieu who knows. Remember how bad Beaulieu was his first few games this year? Also, Emelin needs to go in my opinion.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
“I have a saying,” Bergevin said. “There are players who get you in and players who get you through. Lars gets you through. When the chips are down, and the games are big, Lars is at his best.”

But is he really at his best in the playoffs. I mean we've only seen it once and while his play was great, nobody really knows if it will happen again. Like I said, he needs confidence right now cause he is playing like a someone who no longer wants to be on this team. Don't know if it is the media or the trade rumours that got to him but he needs to put some effort in his game. He has the size speed and skill but it's pointless if he does not even try. The Lars we saw last playoffs was confident and you could tell he was enjoying playing the game. The one we have now is not.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Vanek was moved off of Desharnais/Pacioretty's line and Gallagher actualyl spent more time at 5 on 5 with them than Vanek did.

People keep ignoring that fact when defending Deshanrais.

As for Paciorettys' production...it was almost like the opposition keyed in on him more because his center was so ineffective offensively...

Crazy thought hey? ;)

I think Vanek did not even finish TB serie with DD and Patch. He played most of the playoffs with Plekanec and Galchenyk/Prust.

It was not almost like. The opposition definitely exploited the ineffectiveness of DD and Gallagher to shut down Patch. Two small guys on the same line in the series is a recipe for a fail. Patch is not without any blame but the guys did not help him much.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You can repeat it all you'd like.

It's not true.

Sounds like you've created a narrative in your head and are willing to make up facts to justify that narratie.

Tinordi has a one way contract next season. He would have to clear waivers to be sent down to Hamilton. Tinordi will not clear waivers, therfore you cannot hope to send him to the AHL without losing him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Aargh.....I wanted depth on D and now, just learned that Brent Sopel decided to retire....:sarcasm:

HabsDieHard*

Tinordi has a one way contract next season. He would have to clear waivers to be sent down to Hamilton. Tinordi will not clear waivers, therfore you cannot hope to send him to the AHL without losing him.

No, you're thinking of Pateryn.

Tinord is an RFA this Summer.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
That's like being the best used car salesman in a lot.

Sure he might be more honest than some of his colleagues, but at the end of the day he's a lying weasel just like the lot of them.

Zing!

Bunch of witless wannabes really. I could learn the job in 2 weeks, and blather away like they do on radio in 3. Useless, lazy, and half prepared, most of them. Most of them sound like we do in a bar after 6 drinks, no more informed.

One of the women could not stop giggling every time MB said anything in his presser the other day FSS. It was cringing.

The latest gem: "Coach, talk about (insert topic)". They can't even ask questions any more.

When was the last time any of them said or wrote anything of interest? Or with genuine humour?

The journalism trade is bad enough these days, and the sports journos are the worst of it by far.

I respect some of the former players like Ferraro and Nilan. That's about it. Anyone else, I just tune out. They don't know any more than we do about the game, and often less.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Most #7 D's play only slightly less that #5 and #6d's, so I don't see it as a bad thing if Tinordi is the full time #7 next year. He'll probably play 50-60 games in that role if not more due to injuries.

HabsDieHard*

Most #7 D's play only slightly less that #5 and #6d's, so I don't see it as a bad thing if Tinordi is the full time #7 next year. He'll probably play 50-60 games in that role if not more due to injuries.

That's another good point.

Even if he did need to clear waivers (which I don't believe he does) the Habs could simply keep him with the team as their extra d-man.

Pricef*

Wow so now the HF experts are smarter, more knowledgeable than:

- an NHL coach
- an NHL GM
- TV hosts
- Sports media folks

My we think highly of ourselves don't we.

No wonder this board gets laughed at as much as it does. Thankfully other teams posters realise we're not all like this.:help:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Apparently. Saw this tweet from McCagg:

Grant McCagg @grantmccagg · 41m 41 minutes ago
Brian Wilde surmising Plekanec has no trade value and Sharp not worth getting because they re both too old. Can't say i agree.

Brian ''DDreger told me a trade is going down soon'' Wilde

:laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Wow so now the HF experts are smarter, more knowledgeable than:

- an NHL coach
- an NHL GM
- TV hosts
- Sports media folks

My we think highly of ourselves don't we.

No wonder this board gets laughed at as much as it does. Thankfully other teams posters realise we're not all like this.:help:

NHL coaches: John Tortorella
NHL GM: Pierre Gauthier
TV Host: Stephane Langdeau
Sports media folks: Gaston Therrien

Having a title doesn't makes a smart persons......there's no member of the Mensa there...

Pricef*

Having a title doesn't makes a smart persons......there's no member of the Mensa there .

I was speaking in general terms but I am not surprised at your response. Must be right at all cost :shakehead

HabsDieHard*

Having a title doesn't makes a smart persons......there's no member of the Mensa there...

I'm always confused when people act like just because an NHL coach or GM is doing something it means it is right.

GM's and coaches make mistakes all of the time.

Even those who have successful teams.

A few years ago Ken Holland put Quincey on waivers and a couple of years later he dealt away a 1st round pick to acquire him.

But Ken Holland is an NHL GM and I am not...so obviously that was not a mistake on his part right?

Ken Holland let Filpulla walk so he could use the 5 money Filpulla would have cost on Stephen Weiss....but that was a good move, not a mistake right?

The list literally is endless.

Pricef*

John Tortorella - Stanley Cup - where is yours?
Pierre Gauthier - Very knowledgeable hockey man - It would appear much more than you based on your post.
Gaston Therrien actually played the game at a high level - you?
Langdeau - I do not know him so can't comment.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

For all his faults, Pierre Gauthier was really good at making hockey moves. You could've mentioned Milbury, Keenan or JFJ or literally anyone who actually sucks - Gauthier drafted well and did quite ok with all the garbage contracts he was handicapped with.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just wondering how you concluded that performance wise "Pacioretty has been far worse" than Desharnais.
I'm just going to say go back and read the threads.

Versus Ottawa.. they both sucked.

Last year, many people were saying Desharnais needed results, but that he was working his ass off every shift and playing incredibly hard.. and stating that he was the best player on his line most nights over Patches and Vanek.

Considering that's pretty much the jist of their Playoff experience (Desharnais had a 4th line role in his first year and was promoted to the 2nd line by the end of the series, so that tells you how well he was doing), it shows that Desharnais has had a better playoff career.

Obviously, I do not expect that to last. Not even close.

But I don't really know what to say about Desharnais' production. Most players production goes down the the playoffs and he wasn't THAT far under his season average anyway.

Again, I'm not justifying his use because I don't think he should be there.. but he was far from "horrible."

Analyzer*

For all his faults, Pierre Gauthier was really good at making hockey moves. You could've mentioned Milbury, Keenan or JFJ or literally anyone who actually sucks - Gauthier drafted well and did quite ok with all the garbage contracts he was handicapped with.

Gauthier drafted well?

What a coincidence, so did the gm before him and the gm after him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
“I have a saying,” Bergevin said. “There are players who get you in and players who get you through. Lars gets you through. When the chips are down, and the games are big, Lars is at his best.”

Awesome quote from ages ago.

WHat did Bergevin say about Sekac when he signed him, 59 games after he traded him.

Hang your hat on a comment Bergevin made all you want. Eller isn't the player he was in the playoffs last year, MT doesn't like him, DLR has replaced him and his days in Montreal are numbered. If not by Monday, the off-season.

Hope you don't go into a deep depression when it happens because the writing is on the wall.

Eller is as good as gone.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Holy ****, we agree on something?

I did not hate Gauthier. Much, much, much better than Bob Gainey.

Gauthier drafted well?

Yes, we have the best scout in hockey.. but at the end of the day, the GM makes the final decision. Well, I guess the owner could - but that rarely happens.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I was speaking in general terms but I am not surprised at your response. Must be right at all cost :shakehead

Track records is more important than the title....did Cunneyworth was a great coach because he was a coach in the NHL?, No! Does that makes Babcock a bubbling fool, no!

Most TV host, analyst aren't any better than any of us. Some are but that's it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gauthier drafted well?

Maybe it was actually Timmins who drafted well...

I mean it's a bit curious how he's stuck through different owners, management teams and GM's all the while the Habs have been drafting gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad