Trade Rumors and Proposals XII : Someday, we'll pass BabeWatch's numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

He has to be better than Beaulieu, Emelin or Markov to make the team next season. It's not going to happen. He can't be sent back to Hamilton. And he's certainly not going to be good if we play him on the right.

I wonder why people think there's still something to be done with that guy. It's over. Let it go. Either we get whatever we can for him before the deadline, or we're dealing with the next Ryan O'Byrne.

Where do you get the idea he can't be sent back to Hamilton?

I'm almost positive you're wrong.

Pateryn will have to clear waivers to be sent back to Hamilton next year.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10/7/4792782/nhl-waiver-waivers-cba-florida-panthers

Nothign about this website indicates Tinordi will as well.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
The truth is this:

Is Vermette a better option for playoffs on our top line/pp than Desharnais: Yes.
Should Galchenyuk start next season at centre: Without a doubt.

So IF we can land Vermette, Desharnais is redundant. We can choose to either resign Vermette, or free up some cap space for an improvement on the wing in the postseason.

HabsDieHard*

Next trade deadline will be too late. He'll have been a 7th d-man, won't have played a lot, and will have lost a lot of value in a lot of GM's mind.

I repeat; you can't send him to Hamilton next season. Development is over for him in MTL.

You can repeat it all you'd like.

It's not true.

Sounds like you've created a narrative in your head and are willing to make up facts to justify that narratie.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lol, if my grandma had wheels I'd probably change my tune about whether or not she's a bicycle.

Eller doesn't need to put up big points to be a positive part of the team in the playoffs.

That's the value that big, strong, fast guys bring to teams. Especially if used in bottom 6 role.

Desharnais has been brutal in back to back playoffs. If he puts up PPG in the playoffs that'd be fantastic.

But there is literally no indication that he will even come close to doing that.

:shakehead
Brutal? Cute.

He was brutal for one series. Good or better in the other two. He needs to be better yes, but he was far from brutal.

Go read the threads again... I was actually shocked how little hate DD got (until we started losing) last playoffs.

Pacioretty and Vanek got and deserved more.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The truth is this:

Is Vermette a better option for playoffs on our top line/pp than Desharnais: Yes.

So IF we can land Vermette, Desharnais is redundant. We can choose to either resign Vermette, or free up some cap space for an improvement on the wing in the postseason.

if the "1st pick + NHL player" rumors are true, would you still go for Vermette?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Wildman on 690 this morning is convinced that Eller and Tinordi will be moved, seeing a big package deal to land a big fish.

The biggest fish of all -- may also be the Wildman himself. :sarcasm:

When he was talking about the Habs centers and who the logical choice to move was did he say Pleks wouldn't have much interest or value on the trade market? I wasn't really paying attention but that's what I thought he said but I'm not sure.

HabsDieHard*

Brutal? Cute.

He was brutal for one series. Good or better in the other two. He needs to be better yes, but he was far from brutal.

Go read the threads again... I was actually shocked how little hate DD got (until we started losing) last playoffs.

Pacioretty and Vanek got and deserved more.

Since Therrien was hired in 22 playoff games Desharnais has 2 goals and 7 assists.

29 shots on goal in those games.

Like I said, brutal.

Arguing otherwise means you are supporting someone who has performed at a less than .5 points clip since Therrein was hired.

Go on, if you'd like. :)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He very well could be.

He was a big difference maker last year, in a positive way.

But of course that couldn't happen again this year right?

:shakehead

Not with the way he's been lately. Wish he was still playing like he did in the playoffs but at this point it may be too late. Management needs to either trade him or talk to him and figure out what's going on cause he looks like a zombie out there. The guy needs a serious confidence boost.

Analyzer*

The truth is this:

"We can choose"

Yes, we can overpay for him and that's even if he wants to stay and doesn't want to test the market to see how big of a pay day he can get.

Vermette's 1 and only appearance with Phoenix in the post season he did well. Before that with Ottawa he was atrocious.

Pass on Vermette, especially at that cost.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
LOL

What the hell does Pacioretty have to do with Desharnais?

Pacioretty averages 3.2 shots per game in the playoffs.

Risk Nash has 5 goals in 41 playoff games...think the Rangers are reluctant having him moving forward?

Dehsarnais is a soft, non physical player who doesn't score enough and can't be used in a defensive role.

Focus on HIM and what HE brings to the table, instead of making yourself look silly with bizarre remarks about the best offensive weapon this team has at forward.

This is fun. I let you take that one and you did not disappoint. :)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Since Therrien was hired in 22 playoff games Desharnais has 2 goals and 7 assists.

29 shots on goal in those games.

Like I said, brutal.

Arguing otherwise means you are supporting someone who has performed at a less than .5 points clip since Therrein was hired.

Go on, if you'd like. :)
He was pitiful vs Ottawa, definitely no argument there. Just god awful.

But performance wise.. Pacioretty has been far worse...

LOL

What the hell does Pacioretty have to do with Desharnais?

Pacioretty averages 3.2 shots per game in the playoffs.

Risk Nash has 5 goals in 41 playoff games...think the Rangers are reluctant having him moving forward?

Dehsarnais is a soft, non physical player who doesn't score enough and can't be used in a defensive role.

Focus on HIM and what HE brings to the table, instead of making yourself look silly with bizarre remarks about the best offensive weapon this team has at forward.
If we're talking about people performing in the playoffs.. I guess everyone is exempt from criticism aside from Desharnais. Makes sense. :laugh:

It's not bizarre. Pacioretty has sucked in the playoffs. It's the same when people go on about the powerplay... and they realize that Desharnais has been more productive than Pacioretty on the PP this season. It's just funny.

I would never get rid of Patches (well, actually I would cause I don't think any player is untouchable), but he's awesome and I love him. But he needs to step it up even more than Desharnais.

HabsDieHard*

Vanek was moved off of Desharnais/Pacioretty's line and Gallagher actualyl spent more time at 5 on 5 with them than Vanek did.

People keep ignoring that fact when defending Deshanrais.

As for Paciorettys' production...it was almost like the opposition keyed in on him more because his center was so ineffective offensively...

Crazy thought hey? ;)

HabsDieHard*

Not with the way he's been lately. Wish he was still playing like he did in the playoffs but at this point it may be too late. Management needs to either trade him or talk to him and figure out what's going on cause he looks like a zombie out there. The guy needs a serious confidence boost.

“I have a saying,†Bergevin said. “There are players who get you in and players who get you through. Lars gets you through. When the chips are down, and the games are big, Lars is at his best.â€

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I think trading Tinordi is a mistake. He's had a rough go recently but I think he comes back strong next season and makes the team full time. He can still be very useful to our long term success.

If we have to find a big physical #5-6 D through free agency it will cost a lot more than our homegrown Tinordi. Too early to give up on him.

I think a lot of crow will be eaten around here in a year from now.

Fully agree. No way you trade this kid unless the return is gold. Certainly not for a rental.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
When he was talking about the Habs centers and who the logical choice to move was did he say Pleks wouldn't have much interest or value on the trade market? I wasn't really paying attention but that's what I thought he said but I'm not sure.

Apparently. Saw this tweet from McCagg:

Grant McCagg @grantmccagg · 41m 41 minutes ago
Brian Wilde surmising Plekanec has no trade value and Sharp not worth getting because they re both too old. Can't say i agree.

HabsDieHard*

He was pitiful vs Ottawa, definitely no argument there. Just god awful.

But performance wise.. Pacioretty has been far worse...

If we're talking about people performing in the playoffs.. I guess everyone is exempt from criticism aside from Desharnais. Makes sense. :laugh:

I'd like to see the creative math used to come to that conclusion.

Care to share?

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
You know Eller plus for Yakopov might work as both teams would be swapping chronic underachievers with potential for a project that addresses a need....
Eller has a cap hit that will hit 4.25m in 2 years and 4.75m the year after. No way the Oilers handcuff themselves voluntarily by getting that ugly contract.

Yakupov is just starting to heat up for them with a point streak and costs a whole lot less.

Plus, Yakupov has a bad attitude. I wouldn't be going after him, myself.

HabsDieHard*

Eller has a cap hit that will hit 4.25m in 2 years and 4.75m the year after. No way the Oilers handcuff themselves voluntarily by getting that ugly contract.

Yakupov is just starting to heat up for them with a point streak and costs a whole lot less.

Plus, Yakupov has a bad attitude. I wouldn't be going after him, myself.

So in other words you don't understand how cap hits work in the NHL?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I'd be talking to the Sharks and see what kind of deals they might be interested in. Maybe see if some would lift their NMC's right now. They're in a weird spot for them right now and have some interesting assets.

HabsDieHard*

Brian Wilde surmising Plekanec has no trade value and Sharp not worth getting because they re both too old. Can't say i agree.

LOL

Yeah, high end 2 way centers who can pot 20 goals and hit 50 points have no value in the NHL.

What a clownish statement.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Thanks. That's what I thought he said. Can't say I agree with him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad