Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Hey Ken, If You're Not Getting a Goalie, How About Physicality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This team needs more players to dish out punishment to the opposition or our top players will be beaten to a pulp long before the playoffs start.
I don't even know if it needs that, it just needs players to hit more. We've even seen McDavid and Draisatl dole out some pretty big hits.

Sadly the guys that are paid to that (Kassian) don't do anything until after something has already happened.

Reactions: yakcity1064

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
Holy overreaction.

But in any case:

Tyler Benson + Dmitry Samoroukov

for

Lawson Crouse

OR

Warren Foegele

for

Lawson Crouse

OR

Warren Foegele, Dmitry Samoroukov

for

Lawson Crouse, Victor Soderstrom

There. Toughness.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't even know if it needs that, it just needs players to hit more. We've even seen McDavid and Draisatl dole out some pretty big hits.

Sadly the guys that are paid to that (Kassian) don't do anything until after something has already happened.

Kassian and Foegele are not doing their part that's for damn sure.

Reactions: McDoused

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I added other options.

Warren Foegele should do it.

Take out Soderstrom and it's probably a lot closer although Samo hasn't done much to retain his value this season. He's waiver eligible after this season and is sadly IMO looking more suspect than prospect at this point.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
This team needs more players to dish out punishment to the opposition or our top players will be beaten to a pulp long before the playoffs start.

100%. They even just need guys who lean on the opposition and make the game hard.

I wonder if Philly would move Zack macewan. He has a motor on him, big, physical, and fights anyone.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Foegele and Crouse is more or less the same type of player. You can maybe say Crouse is slightly better player but that's a lateral move of a trade.

If anything Crouse for Kassian+ or Yamo+ makes more sense

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Foegele and Crouse is more or less the same type of player. You can maybe say Crouse is slightly better player but that's a lateral move of a trade.

If anything Crouse for Kassian+ or Yamo+ makes more sense

Yamo has more value than Foegele imo.

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
Take out Soderstrom and it's probably a lot closer although Samo hasn't done much to retain his value this season. He's waiver eligible after this season and is sadly IMO looking more suspect than prospect at this point.
Have you seen Arizona’s blue line? Samoroukov would be on their top pair. He's better than Dysin Mayo.

Coyotes willing to eat cap space ahead of trade deadline - TSN.ca

To ARI
Tyson Barrie ($4.5 M Expiring 2024), Zack Kassian ($3.2M Expiring 2024), Dmitri Samorukov, Tyler Benson, Cooper Marody

To EDM
Anton Stralman ($5.5 M Expiring this year), Lawson Crouse ($1.5M Expiring this year)

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
At this point I would trade Yamo for Crouse and I like Yamo but the Oilers need players like Crouse more than Yamo type especially for the playoffs.

I'd consider pulling the trigger as well, but I'd trade Foegele for Crouse in a heartbeat.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
At this point I would trade Yamo for Crouse and I like Yamo but the Oilers need players like Crouse more than Yamo type especially for the playoffs.

Oilers are adding to Yamamoto in that trade. Crouse is bigger, plays physical, fights, is solid defensively, is on pace for more goals (20), and on pace for more points (40). He's going to return a first or equivalent value. He's a solid player.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Holy overreaction.

But in any case:

Tyler Benson + Dmitry Samoroukov

for

Lawson Crouse

OR

Warren Foegele

for

Lawson Crouse

OR

Warren Foegele, Dmitry Samoroukov

for

Lawson Crouse, Victor Soderstrom

There. Toughness.

I'd rather keep Foegele and add Crouse to the lineup. I know Foegele hasn't been that good but he is coming from a new team and sometimes players take some time to adapt.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Foegele is on pace for 30 points this year which I mentioned in the last thread is exactly how many points a third liner averages over an 82 game season. The only people crying for Warren to be traded are the ones still but hurt over Bear. Third line money and third line production for a third line winger what is the issue here?

Because his effort and physicality has completely disappeared?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The D and goaltending is a tire fire but let's add a 5th new forward lol.

You just got a big time power forward for no asset cost maybe Tippett needs to learn how to inspire the players he already has to play with some freaking passion instead of picking his nose behind the bench.

We can't be spending more assets on forwards when the D and goaltending are in dire need.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The D and goaltending is a tire fire but let's add a 5th new forward lol.

You just got a big time power forward for no asset cost maybe Tippett needs to learn how to inspire the players he already has to play with some freaking passion instead of picking his nose behind the bench.

We can't be spending more assets on forwards when the D and goaltending are in dire need.
Or clear up the deadweights in the forwards and then use the cap space for a top 4D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad