Trade Rumors and Proposals: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer" version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The team, and specifically Couturier, were all clearly better on the ice after the Filppula trade and he arrived with a 4th for the corpse of Mark Streit.

How anyone has any issue with that trade is still beyond my comprehension.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

latest

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And people still think MacDonald for 3 years @ $4 mil would not be tradable or need to be attached to some quality asset to be ridden of. C'mon!

CoutseysCorner92

Jul 19, 2010
Guys the more I read about Patrick the less I am enthused about drafting him. Obviously a huge need of this team is future 1st line center and drafting Patrick at number 2 would give us the best chance of acquiring that need out of the options available in this draft.

However, trading the pick to acquire that player is something I would look into as well.

Any chance we could pry Mackinnon out of Colorado. Would Schenn + 2nd overall + d prospect be a fair offer?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Some real chatter on NHL radio that one of the guests really felt that Vegas would have the #2 pick come tomorrow night. They apparently love Patrick and will bid hard for him. Expects that they'd offer their 3 firsts

Makes zero sense, We need quality over quantity and Devils are in dire need of Quantity. If any trade is to be made by Vegas it will be with the Devils.

Vegas gets Nolan
Flyers get Nico

Devils get a D man at 6 and fwd next picks

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Some real chatter on NHL radio that one of the guests really felt that Vegas would have the #2 pick come tomorrow night. They apparently love Patrick and will bid hard for him. Expects that they'd offer their 3 firsts

not enough IMO.

5 firsts + pickard

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Guys the more I read about Patrick the less I am enthused about drafting him. Obviously a huge need of this team is future 1st line center and drafting Patrick at number 2 would give us the best chance of acquiring that need out of the options available in this draft.

However, trading the pick to acquire that player is something I would look into as well.

Any chance we could pry Mackinnon out of Colorado. Would Schenn + 2nd overall + d prospect be a fair offer?

That's an overpayment

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

What about Patrick does not appeal to you?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I really don't understand how some of you can say: "I really don't care about this player." It feels like you are not even that much of a fan when you say something like that. Or better one: "I don't care about him, since he's not long-term player."

So what? How can you say that and still feel as a real fan of the team? Are you cheering for 8 core players or are some of you guys cheering for the Flyers as a team? Because it sometimes looks like some of you are cheering only for top players, or for young stars/prospects and basically for 'nothing more'. Maybe now you will laugh at me for having this opinion and for having this feeling while reading some of those comments (maybe it's only bad understanding on my part, then sorry), but it is really weird for me seeing something like this over and over. I have never felt like this about any player on the Flyers, outside of obvious players like Vandevelde (this season) or Umberger in his last season here - and that's probably all from recent future.

Sometimes it seems like you are cheering for the future Flyers team and not for the team that we have right now in front of us, and it surely doesn't seem right... It's off-season anyway, so wanted to post this here as this is really surprising for me.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

Rather have Patrick than MacKinnon. Adding Schenn and D prospect makes it an easy no for me

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I mean, I would probably trade #2 for MacKinnon in a one for one. Maybe. Would have to really look and see how much C he played last year and if he was any good at it.
Would I add Schenn and one of our d prospects? No ****ing way; that would be crazy to me.

If Patrick pans out, what is the gap really between MacK and Patrick? Is there even one? Obv MacK is an established NHL player with room to grow still, so there is less risk obv.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
one is a center the other is a wing and a disappointment.

Fair enough, though I am not sure I'd call MacKinnon a disappointment. He's only 21 and has never scored fewer than 50 points in a season with the exception of the one season he only played in 64 games and still paced for 50 points. I'd be willing to bet he gets back into the 60s and probably hits 70 at some point in his career.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Fair enough, though I am not sure I'd call MacKinnon a disappointment. He's only 21 and has never scored fewer than 50 points in a season with the exception of the one season he only played in 64 games and still paced for 50 points. I'd be willing to bet he gets back into the 60s and probably hits 70 at some point in his career.

he is a dissappointment in the way rnh and hall are dissappointments. First overall picks , good players . But you were hoping for more and they did not hit their ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad