Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: 3C and 2nd Pairing RHD Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Oilers offseason plan:
15 million in cap room -

1. Agreement to trade pick to Las Vegas if they select Pouliot (4 mil)
2. Trade Fayne to Las Vegas for conditional pick (2.725 mil)
3. 1st round pick for Brock Nelson (2.5 mil)
Sign Draisaitl to multi year AAV of 6.7 mil
Eberle for Kovalchuk
Sign 3rd line center for 3-3.5 mil
Sign #4 dman for around 3.5-4 mil
Resign Kassian 2.5-3.0 mil
Resign Pitlick 1.5-2.5 mil

Kovalchuk-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Nelson
Caggiula-______-Slepyshev
Kassian-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-_______
Nurse-Benning

Talbot
Broissoit

The great thing about that forward group is the versatility of the forwards. Nelson, Draisaitl, Caggiula, Slepyshev,etc can play multiple positions which gives a lot of options for lines. As for the D, i could see Benning paired with Sekera and Nurse paired with a really solid shut down dman who can cover up for his mistakes a bit and allow him to take more chances offensively

Did maroon retire or something?

Hard no to ebs for Kovy.

And isn't Nelson a center?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd take Kovy for Ebs in a flash. Not often you can add an elite scorer while giving up a player you wanted to trade anyway.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So much depends on Pulju. If he is ready to be a full timer in the NHL next season it becomes very easy to get rid of Ebs. I think he will make that jump.

I think the trade happens before the start of the season. I'm guessing Pulju will be at the prospects camp. If he shows he belongs with the big club there then I suspect ebs is gonzo.

I like Puljujaarvi but there is little evidence to suggest that he is NHL ready at this point in time. I think that supports the notion that Eberle is here when training camp starts.

We have depth at RW just not high end depth: Pitlick, Kassian, Slepyshev and Drai if we so decide to play him there. Then the wild card is Puljujarvi. If Slepyshev can show consistency he could become a decent 2nd line RW.

There is no proven top 6 RW depth on this team as it stands right now. Thats an issue IMO because you cant trade away a proven top 6 RW like Eberel and hope that a unproven player works out.
Thats what the Oilers circa 2009 - 2016 used to do and we all saw how that worked out.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't really think winger depth matters that much when you have two solid wingers already in Maroon for McDavid and Lucic for Leon.

You can plug guys in on the RW and there are a number available as UFAs too. The Penguins do this a lot.

Eberle is done here.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I don't really think winger depth matters that much when you have two solid wingers already in Maroon for McDavid and Lucic for Leon.

You can plug guys in on the RW and there are a number available as UFAs too. The Penguins do this a lot.

Eberle is done here.

Don't you think it's a little early in the teams development to convert Larsson to center? I mean eventually yes, he will be that big right hand C we need, but you are jumping the gun here. At least wait until we sign Doughty and Karlsson as UFA's in two years before executing the master plan.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

Eberle is done here.

Maroon isn't exactly a solid winger, he's more the plug in guy. Your talking about.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why? His shot is great.

Looks like he just had his best KHL season ever in his 5th year there. Just turned 34. Think he still has some game left. Wonder if he would be excited to get to play with McDavid :)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Don't you think it's a little early in the teams development to convert Larsson to center? I mean eventually yes, he will be that big right hand C we need, but you are jumping the gun here. At least wait until we sign Doughty and Karlsson as UFA's in two years before executing the master plan.

Ah yes, the master plan! So close to complete

image.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Vegas is going to end up taking Griffin Reinhart from us in the expansion draft. I think they pass on Pouliot unfortunately.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think Vegas is going to end up taking Griffin Reinhart from us in the expansion draft. I think they pass on Pouliot unfortunately.

With what the Oil might leave to offer them, I could see them hitting the podium and when it comes to announcing who they are gonna take from us...their GM will say "we politely pass"

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

would kind of suck to lose him after giving up so much to acquire him from the Islanders but that wouldn't be terrible. At least Pou is an NHLer

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ah, the second greatest lie that this board tries to perpetuate about RNH (the first being that he's a good player defensively).

If RNH had a good shot he would score more goals. A good shot requires: velocity, accuracy, and the ability of knowing when and where to shoot the puck on the ice. At the very best of times RNH's shot has velocity on it. His accuracy is terrible and he never shoots the puck from the right spots on the ice. It's the same argument as people who for years argued Yakupov had a great shot. Both these players have bad shots.
I can recall atleast 2 times where RNH won the accuracy shooting competition for the Oilers Skills competition, his shot is accurate (4 for 5 in 2017 competition). Yakupov's shot was bad and I stated as much because his connection rate was too low on one timer opportunities and it was too wild, came off hard when he connected properly, but there was no telling where it would go.

One thing you missed that is important in evaluating a shot is the players release on the shot, like Sakic and Naslund had picture perfect releases that a goalie had trouble picking up on since there was basically no wind-up, a hard flick of the wrist and it was sailing top shelf in an instant. Like Hall probably shot the puck harder than either one of those two in raw power, but he had more of a tell on his wind-up allowing goalies to predict where it was going easier.

Nuge's problem is he is having trouble getting his shot through the first defender, secondly he either isn't getting enough separation or have the strength to fight off defenders that are interfering with his ability to get a clean shot off. Lastly he lacks a natural goal scorers instincts and that feel for where the holes in the goaltenders are going to be and when is the ideal time to attack them or draw them into making the first move. Nuge's shot is good in terms of accuracy and release, the velocity is underwhelming and his timing and instincts aren't there to be a consistent goal scoring threat, he also doesn't change the puck position or choke up on his stick at the last second to add an element of unpredictability, he's too easy to read.

That said you are spending too much time bashing Nuge in the Trade Rumor thread when he already has a whole thread dedicated to him on the 1st page of our board.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Vegas will get Jordan Staal, Marc Andre Fleury as the main names from the entry draft. They'll take Reinhart from us.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think Vegas will get Jordan Staal, Marc Andre Fleury as the main names from the entry draft. They'll take Reinhart from us.

Reinhart or to a lesser likelihood Khaira or Broissoit.

Unrelated, we're going to have to re-up Pakarinen, Hendricks or Deshanais or trade for a forward who hit the 40/70 threshold. Pouliot's the only one who qualifies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If you guys are looking for a 3C to complete your puzzle, maybe the Kings Trevor Lewis might be a solution. Three years left on his deal at $2M a season.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If you guys are looking for a 3C to complete your puzzle, maybe the Kings Trevor Lewis might be a solution. Three years left on his deal at $2M a season.

He took 110 draws this year. Methinks he's a winger.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Reinhart or to a lesser likelihood Khaira or Broissoit.

Unrelated, we're going to have to re-up Pakarinen, Hendricks or Deshanais or trade for a forward who hit the 40/70 threshold. Pouliot's the only one who qualifies.

Re-upping Pakarinen would seem to be the most likely in that case.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Does anybody actually believe Eberle is the difference between making and missing the playoffs? Being strong at center, defense and goaltending can easily mask a deficiency on RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad