Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: 3C and 2nd Pairing RHD Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
RNH is routinely beaten along the boards. Eberle at least had a little jam this playoffs.

Vive versa, if you were watching from an unbiased point of view. Granted we're both biased in our views. But I think the majority agree that Nuge had more jam in the playoffs than Ebs.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We have depth at RW just not high end depth: Pitlick, Kassian, Slepyshev and Drai if we so decide to play him there. Then the wild card is Puljujarvi. If Slepyshev can show consistency he could become a decent 2nd line RW.

Pitlick is a UFA, still not sure we re-sign him.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Vive versa, if you were watching from an unbiased point of view. Granted we're both biased in our views. But I think the majority agree that Nuge had more jam in the playoffs than Ebs.

I remember one of the first games Eberle went out and threw a big check to get the ball rolling. I dont remember RNh throwing any checks, and was half assed physical overall. If he played on my team he would have been benched for his pathetic play in the second round. But the same thing could be said about Eberle.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I remember one of the first games Eberle went out and threw a big check to get the ball rolling. I dont remember RNh throwing any checks, and was half assed physical overall. If he played on my team he would have been benched for his pathetic play in the second round. But the same thing could be said about Eberle.

I remember quite a few solid hits by Nuge. Sure, maybe not huge ones, but overall, I think Nuge likely had more hits than Ebs. If Ebs hit like Gryba, I think the comparison is that Nuge hit like Larsson. Solid, but not really knocking the guy down.

The main thing for me though is that the play died too often on Ebs's stick, moreso than on Nuge's.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

I definitely think Nuge played better.

They both had pretty bad stat lines, but Nuge's was a little better. 4 A, -3 vs. 2A, -5.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
It'd be dumb not to sign him unless he wants to go elsewhere.

I think we definitely sign him, we have enough other options if he gets injured again, i doubt anyone else is going to offer him something better than us given his injury history.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
If Pitlick can play, I definitely resign him. He is such a great bottom 6 player and was really missed in the playoffs. He and Gambardella would look great on a line together.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If Pitlick can play, I definitely resign him. He is such a great bottom 6 player and was really missed in the playoffs. He and Gambardella would look great on a line together.

There's probably zero downside in re-signing Pitlick. It'd be like a 1 year, 800k kind of thing.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
There are only two good options with Eberle.

Trade him and spend the money to adequately replace him on the roster or don't trade him.

This is also ridiculous.

Jesse Puljujarvi couldn't get things started at the NHL level, and had mixed reviews at the AHL level. Counting on a 20 year old on a wobbly career arc to come in, in your weakest position, and replace your third leading scorer is the kind of tactic a terrible manager would employ. Kevin Lowe wouldn't have even done it.

If this is your long term solution, you keep Eberle and have Puljujarvi play his way up the roster. When and only when Puljujarvi can handle the role, you can move Eberle.

RNH is a left shot centre.

You don't walk into a season expecting him to play him RW for the duration from day one. That's so far past absurd, its nuts.

Leon Draisitl was also a left shot center. Eberle showed that he was afraid in the playoffs. Play anyone on this team ahead of him.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
My choice: Justin Williams

Other options: Radim Vrbata, Patrick Eaves, Brian Gionta, Ales Hemsky, Drew Stafford. I'll say Jagr just because but he's too slow IMO.

If you're able to improve your point production from the third line in 17/18, you can manage a 10-15 point decline between Eberle and his replacement.

The thing I like most about that swap is literally all of those UFA options will not ask for term in their contracts.

I like Williams and would support that signing, not as an Eberle replacement though. The rest mentioned have all past there prime or as for eaves had an unreal year and is destined to skid back down to reality. These are all good pickups for the bottom end but not making us a better team

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He has a better shot than Eberle. His chance at winning a board battle is also higher than Eberle's.

Ah, the second greatest lie that this board tries to perpetuate about RNH (the first being that he's a good player defensively).

If RNH had a good shot he would score more goals. A good shot requires: velocity, accuracy, and the ability of knowing when and where to shoot the puck on the ice. At the very best of times RNH's shot has velocity on it. His accuracy is terrible and he never shoots the puck from the right spots on the ice. It's the same argument as people who for years argued Yakupov had a great shot. Both these players have bad shots.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like Williams and would support that signing, not as an Eberle replacement though. The rest mentioned have all past there prime or as for eaves had an unreal year and is destined to skid back down to reality. These are all good pickups for the bottom end but not making us a better team

As a direct replacement, you're correct. But the important thing to take from that post was improving the third line's offensive production.

If you can get 10-15 more points from Caggiula - Eberle trade - Kassian than you did in 2017, you're in the clear. You're never going to replace Jordan Eberle's production via UFA without it costing you a substantial amount of cap space. So you need to find a way to improve the rest of your team through that trade.

This is why you don't give away productive players for nothing but cap space.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oilers offseason plan:
15 million in cap room -

1. Agreement to trade pick to Las Vegas if they select Pouliot (4 mil)
2. Trade Fayne to Las Vegas for conditional pick (2.725 mil)
3. 1st round pick for Brock Nelson (2.5 mil)
Sign Draisaitl to multi year AAV of 6.7 mil
Eberle for Kovalchuk
Sign 3rd line center for 3-3.5 mil
Sign #4 dman for around 3.5-4 mil
Resign Kassian 2.5-3.0 mil
Resign Pitlick 1.5-2.5 mil

Kovalchuk-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Nelson
Caggiula-______-Slepyshev
Kassian-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-_______
Nurse-Benning

Talbot
Broissoit

The great thing about that forward group is the versatility of the forwards. Nelson, Draisaitl, Caggiula, Slepyshev,etc can play multiple positions which gives a lot of options for lines. As for the D, i could see Benning paired with Sekera and Nurse paired with a really solid shut down dman who can cover up for his mistakes a bit and allow him to take more chances offensively

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I'd rather Let Pitlick walk then sign him to that price, that's awful, Kassian can walk also if he wants 3 million, Kass is a 4thline 75% of the time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd rather Let Pitlick walk then sign him to that price, that's awful, Kassian can walk also if he wants 3 million, Kass is a 4thline 75% of the time.

Pitlick will get sub 1 million, Kassian will get sub 2 million. Gone are the days of overpaying pure bottom sixers.

And - unrelated to this post - hard no on Drew Stafford.

Eberle sucks! Dump him on the curb! *replaces Eberle with a 32 year old coming off an 8 goal season*

Sometimes doing nothing is the right move. If you can't find trades for Eberle or RNH that make sense, stand pat. We have no cap issues at all next season especially if we buy out Fayne and entice Vegas to pick up Pouliot.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
At this point, Ebs could go 0 points next season and the playoffs and Ebs apologists would still say keep him cause we are thin on the RW instead of taking a chance and see what's out there

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With the rumors coming out that were talking to Florida and Dallas. Does anyone think its possible we ship out Pouliot for Bjustad or Eakin? Pouliot has the shorter term so they save there, and both teams need wingers. Maybe throw in a pick due to the age difference.

who is reporting that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad