Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I really hope Murray doesn't overpay for Phillips. Borowiecki and Claesson are fine replacements for Phillips next season, and if we were to move him we'd probably get a pretty decent return.

Choosing to re-sign Phillips essentially is trading 1.5-2M in cap space (depending on how much Murray is willing to give him) and a 2nd round pick, for a minor upgrade over Boro or Claesson.

Easy decision.

5 years 9 mil (3.5, 2.0, 1.5, 1.0, 1.0)

That's the biggest deal I'd give him. If he considers 3 years a retirement contract, no more than 6mil. Ideally 5.5. Otherwise no thank you.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
If they shell out a retirement contract for Phillips, who is clearly on the decline, one year after letting their ****ing captain Alfie (who is still a top winger in the league) walk for money reasons I'm gonna lose it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Like I said earlier no way Ottawa deals Andy until Lehner proves himself

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Like I said earlier no way Ottawa deals Andy until Lehner proves himself

There's no point in dealing him unless it's for salary purposes. Meaning, once Lehner gets a raise next year, they'll be paying two goalies a starter salary. Ditch one, and they can get a back up for 900k.

If he was still playing like Anderson of the first game of the season, and last season, I thought there might be a chance that they'd try to strike while the iron is hot and deal him somewhere with a year left on his deal. Goalies just don't get good returns unless they are elite, so it's not really worth losing him for what Ottawa would be offered at the moment.

As much as people rag on Ottawa for "trading away a Vezina candidate", they got an amazing return for Bishop. A top 5 rookie scorer a few years into his development in exchange for an UFA goalie who they would not have been able to keep. You could argue that they chose the wrong guy between Bishop and Lehner, but you couldn't argue that they got a bad return for him at the time.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Trade every UFA we've got for reclamation prospects, and trade our 2nd rounder for a defenceman.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully a game like tonight makes Murray realize this team is not a competitor and decides we should be sellers at the deadline. We could make a killing.

Michalek for 2nd + prospect
Phillips for 2nd + 5th
Condra for 2nd/3rd
Neil for 2nd + prospect
Greening for ??

Could completely re-stock our prospect pool with the market being one for sellers this year.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hopefully a game like tonight makes Murray realize this team is not a competitor and decides we should be sellers at the deadline. We could make a killing.

Phillips for 2nd + 5th
Condra for 2nd/3rd
Neil for 2nd + prospect
Greening for ??

Could completely re-stock our prospect pool with the market being one for sellers this year.

And with the way these guys have played, realistically we'd still have about the same chance to make the playoffs.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
it is the first game back after a long break i wouldnt read a whole lot into it.

i am sure even lehner is a bit rusty. It is where they go from here that is key

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Phillips for 2nd + 5th
Condra for 2nd/3rd
Neil for 2nd + prospect
Greening for ??

My only fear with this is that most of these moves would make us worse in both the short and long term. Condra isn't amazing, but he's better than the average 3rd round pick. Same with several others on that list.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Phillips for 2nd + 5th
Condra for 2nd/3rd
Neil for 2nd + prospect
Greening for ??

Ugh, this year is the WORST to be a seller. This draft is such crap.

Chances of getting good players outside the 1st round this year are far slimmer than in other draft classes... I'd be pushing to get 2015 picks, if possible.

2014 draft is going to be the worst since the 2000 draft, mark my words. A couple of star(ish) players at the top, some complimentary players in the rest of the 1st round, and almost zero depth thereafter.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
why the hell would you want draft picks? get nhl players like a Stewart/ott/moulson which is a great step in the right direction

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
why the hell would you want draft picks? get nhl players like a Stewart/ott/moulson which is a great step in the right direction

Agree 100%. Teams horribly over-rate picks and prospects. I'd rather trade our 2nd for an actual player.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I wonder if we could get Florida to swap Cowen for Kulikov... :naughty:

Chances of getting good players outside the 1st round this year are far slimmer than in other draft classes... I'd be pushing to get 2015 picks, if possible.

2014 draft is going to be the worst since the 2000 draft, mark my words. A couple of star(ish) players at the top, some complimentary players in the rest of the 1st round, and almost zero depth thereafter.

Agreed 100%. If Murray does decide to sell I hope he pushes for 2015 picks.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Its about getting rid of the scrubs. Not about getting the picks.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
And with the way these guys have played, realistically we'd still have about the same chance to make the playoffs.

Exactly. Players like Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Grant, Da Costa can easily replace Michalek, Greening, Condra.

Giving those players opportunities + adding draft picks/prospects > keeping the deadweight on this team

This team has one of the best scouting staffs in the league. I have no doubt they could find NHLers even in a weak draft.

We could also ask for 2015 picks if we don't think we could find some gems in this one.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I wonder if we could get Florida to swap Cowen for Kulikov... :naughty:

Agreed 100%. If Murray does decide to sell I hope he pushes for 2015 picks.

Everyone said Ceci's draft was bad but go back and look at players now.

I think we need to get a first somehow.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Exactly. Players like Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Grant, Da Costa can easily replace Michalek, Greening, Condra.

Giving those players opportunities + adding draft picks/prospects > keeping the deadweight on this team

This team has one of the best scouting staffs in the league. I have no doubt they could find NHLers even in a weak draft.

We could also ask for 2015 picks if we don't think we could find some gems in this one.

Ya we made the playoffs on the backs of a lot of young guys last year, dont see why we couldn't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad