Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Phillips and a little for Spooner. Spooner comes back to his hometown, Boston wants to win right now. Unrealistic, but whatever

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
we should trade Philips for Adam Mcquaid. 27 years old, Big RHD who can fight

allows Wiercioch and Boro to fight it out for the bottom pairing.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Borocop-Mcquaid

Agreed but FTFY. Best bottom pair in the NHL. :laugh:

thefatjesus*

comparing Spezza to Getzlaf and Ovy is laughable. players with similar points doesnt make them similar players at all. Everyone plays the game a certain way, Spezza shouldn't be in the same sentence as those two guys.

Give it a rest and realize how poorly Spezza is playing, he needs to be a lot better or he'll get traded within this season or the next.

And with our current position I dont see the point in having him, its not like he is the guy thats gonna put us over the playoff hump, hes not that dependable or consistent. I say trade him, miss the playoffs, and get ready for next year.

If we do make the playoffs its either against Pittsburgh or Boston id assume, Spezza will not help enough in either series to warrant a need to keep him.

But, realistically, Bryan Murray will not make a significant trade - which means he most likely wont move Spezza this year. So ill just hope when Stone's back and healthy, Spezza wont look so bad.

Gothenburg 40*

Well we can bring this comparison to 100 proffesionals, in the NHL, Highly respected analysts, Greatest GMs in history, I can bet not one agrees with this

After much deliberation I came to the personal conclusion that Spezza and Gomez are not a good comparison to each other. Gomez has won Stanley Cups and was Rookie of the Year. Spezza's never won anything. Mike Ribiero is more of a comparable to Jason Spezza....

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
After much deliberation I came to the personal conclusion that Spezza and Gomez are not a good comparison to each other. Gomez has won Stanley Cups and was Rookie of the Year. Spezza's never won anything. Mike Ribiero is more of a comparable to Jason Spezza....

Winning awards and championships are not directly related to someone being a winner or loser... Too many variables involved. You can be a clutch player that never wins anything. Look at Ray Bourque, we could have all been sitting here all calling him a loser, but he decided he wanted to piggyback his way to a ring, so all of a sudden we have a winner!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

The clock is ticking, and the time has run out.

Did you see BM at the game tonight. He's mulling some serious trade.

He has to break the core of the team to get what we need... and the core is what makes this team tick. We lost a big piece already. Now, we may lose more.

:Stanley:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
would you guys trade zibanejad in a deal for oreilly? and give lazar the reins for third line center for the next 5-10 years.

WhiteLight*

The clock is ticking, and the time has run out.

Did you see BM at the game tonight. He's mulling some serious trade.

He has to break the core of the team to get what we need... and the core is what makes this team tick. We lost a big piece already. Now, we may lose more.

:Stanley:

what do you mean? Seems to me like the core is rotten

Gothenburg 40*

Winning awards and championships are not directly related to someone being a winner or loser... Too many variables involved. You can be a clutch player that never wins anything. Look at Ray Bourque, we could have all been sitting here all calling him a loser, but he decided he wanted to piggyback his way to a ring, so all of a sudden we have a winner!

Never called anyone a loser. Just said Spezza is more comparable to Ribiero than Getzlaf or Ovechkin.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
would you guys trade zibanejad in a deal for oreilly? and give lazar the reins for third line center for the next 5-10 years.

no.

lazar shouldn't be relied upon for anything he is in juniors. As far as i am concerned i dont expect lazar to make an impact for another couple of years

WhiteLight*

Torts said they need different people

Need more Torts here

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
no.

lazar shouldn't be relied upon for anything he is in juniors. As far as i am concerned i dont expect lazar to make an impact for another couple of years

should have been more specific. In the future with lazar as third line center, as opposed to third line RW. Next year third line duties can fall to Da costa or Grant or Pageau

Gothenburg 40*

no.

Lazar is in the same boat as Ceci last year. Conventional wisdom suggests they're too young. Experience (in Ceci's case) suggests otherwise.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lazar is in the same boat as Ceci last year. Conventional wisdom suggests they're too young. Experience (in Ceci's case) suggests otherwise.

two completely different players and positions

Ceci was physically mature but not mentally

Lazar is mentally mature but not physically

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Ray Bourque was going to be a HOF player whether he won a cup or not, Spezza is slowly making his way into the Hall of Shame.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Spezza and cowen to Winnipeg for kane
ryan to Colorado for oreilly
Phillips greening zibanejad to boston for spooner, any of there D

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
where did all this spooner talk come?

the only thing attractive about him is that he is from ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad