Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

Because he isn't very good.

He's been awesome... It's not his fault he has Gerbe and Dwyer as his line mates most of the season.

Tough generating much starting in the defensive end most shifts being the shutdown center along with having those two as his wingers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's all speculation, we have no idea whether one player would benefit better in one organization over the next. Daigle is an example of a guy who played great in his first two yrs, I believe he had around 50 pts just a few behind Yashin, he would have been one of the top scorers on today's team. You can't blame the organization because he lost his desire to play, he said it was his father's dream for him to play professional hockey not his. It was Daigle who quit on hockey, nothing to do with how the organization treated or developed him, he was doing fine on a terrible team.

Just because some players are great junior players or great in the AHL doesn't mean they will be great in the NHL. Van Allen was a great AHL player & was a checker in the NHL, how is this the organization's fault? Some players are just not fast enough, smart enough or good enough to be stars in the NHL. There are elite players, there are grinders & a whole bunch of players in-be-tween. While some may have been handled poorly by an organization, it's much more likely that players don't turn out to be as good as we think they are. For every Crosby, there are hundreds of Filatovs, there is no shortage of examples for either side of this arguement.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
It's all speculation, we have no idea whether one player would benefit better in one organization over the next. Daigle is an example of a guy who played great in his first two yrs, I believe he had around 50 pts just a few behind Yashin, he would have been one of the top scorers on today's team. You can't blame the organization because he lost his desire to play, he said it was his father's dream for him to play professional hockey not his. It was Daigle who quit on hockey, nothing to do with how the organization treated or developed him, he was doing fine on a terrible team.

Just because some players are great junior players or great in the AHL doesn't mean they will be great in the NHL. Van Allen was a great AHL player & was a checker in the NHL, how is this the organization's fault? Some players are just not fast enough, smart enough or good enough to be stars in the NHL. There are elite players, there are grinders & a whole bunch of players in-be-tween. While some may have been handled poorly by an organization, it's much more likely that players don't turn out to be as good as we think they are. For every Crosby, there are hundreds of Filatovs, there is no shortage of examples for either side of this arguement.

But but, according to the forums Columbus ruined Filatov, and also players AREN'T humans with thoughts and feelings!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
But but, according to the forums Columbus ruined Filatov, and also players AREN'T humans with thoughts and feelings!

Exactly, no one knows what is going on in any player's life that affects how they perform on the ice. Whether they are having marrital problems, drug or alcohal problems, steroids, parents or family members dying, injuries they can't get over, mental issues, the list goes on & on. Some players can overcome things & some struggle for yrs, some are elite players & some are not. Some players can handle the adversity of different coaches, mean coaches, being yelled at & some cannot. Some players want to be coddled & some players need a kick in the arse. There are just so many variables as to why some players rise to the top & why others cannot or do not. It's why so many teams now have sports phycologists on their staffs. That's just the way it is, who knows why?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, that Jordan Stall sure isn't good at hockey is he? He might want to head on back to Thunder Bay and look into doing something else with his life. What a failure.

That's not really what Bonk is saying.

It's more a case of what if... A lot of guys who end up playing in the NHL and leaned on too much at a young age never seem to get close to their potential. There are tons of guys throughout the years who had incredible physical skills and abilities who never got the chance to ease into the league and learn and develop. They're thrust into premier roles so early, given icetime and situations they can't handle, and end up stalling their development and get stuck in a role.

Jordan Staal is a perfect example. The kid was automatically put into the 3rd line on a team going for a championship. While he had (or has) the tools to develop a really nice offensive game, he wasn't used all that well in Pittsburgh. If he was given a bit of room to refine his hands and skills and dominate a year in junior, he might be one of those guys who could've (should've) had an additional 10-20 points per season in his NHL career.

SNAPshot

Jul 18, 2006
OTTAWA
Not sure if mentioned earlier, but the impression I get from the Melnyk from his interview in the Sun this morning is that we're pretty much mostly looking for a power forward.

"(Murray's) looking. If we can get a power forward in there that's the only piece we need subject to any injuries."http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/18/melnyk-likes-sens-chances

Interesting tidbits in there.

EDIT: Maybe I should shake the forum rust off... I just realized the huge thread on that very article.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Don't need Gagner and Yakupov for Cowen+Pag+Puempel is overpayment.

2nd trade, lol. Remove Greene, add Larsson, remove Stone = maybe.

Jeez. If you were New Jersey and had no first this year or last would you trade Henrique and Larsson for Spezza? I wouldn't.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Draft first overall for the next 100 years??????? LOL.

Idk man .
Yakupov >Stone Puempel Pageau
Greene> Cowen
Henrique Gagner >= Spezza

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Yak-Henrique-Gagner

Greene-Karlsson

We need secondary scoring and a top pairing dman

Dont know why people want Larsson over greene. Ive heard only bad things about Larsson's development and only good things about Greene's play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Considering how well Hemsky has played at the Olympics this year it wouldn't surprise me if they brought him in.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Considering how well Hemsky has played at the Olympics this year it wouldn't surprise me if they brought him in.

IMO our bargaining chips are 9MM, Greening, Conacher for the most part.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We already have fairly big team. The only real size we lose is Cowen. The other players we trade are either small or dont use their size well excluding stone.

Stone uses his size quite well. That said he's still hit or miss whether he'll be a good NHL'r.

Othello*

Greening shouldn't even be on this team with his upcoming salary. I would much rather trade him for something semi useful and call up Hoffman/Petersson/Prince to play on the third line with Zibanajad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->