Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: What kind of magic can Chia-pet work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Theres major demand for top pairing RHD and supply is very low. Theyll get FV and then some

Maybe, but most times when a trade request/demand leaks out, the team doesn't get as much value. The article is a little vague, but it sounds like a trade would be at the request of Hamonic.

Gotta think the Islanders are going to move him to the West.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Some of us can remember a time when we didn't have web sites to tell us how good the players were. We had to figure that out on our own by actually watching the games. Hard to believe I know but somehow we managed to get by.

I'm gonna guess you were one of the gang who were defending Gagner right up till the end. Fancy numbers at the ready amirite?

So by watching RNH, you've gathered that he's the next Gagner?
I don't see how one could reasonably come to that conclusion.

In this case, you are arguing about faceoffs but faceoff percentage is a fact, not an opinion. Of course, the stats don't show the situation in which the faceoffs were one and lost unless you dig really deep to find that stat but the point remains.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hamonic is better right now. Klefbom has Hamonic ceiling, but I believe Hamonic is signed for cheaper till 2020

Oilers need a top pairing RHD more than anything

LHD:
Nurse
Reinhart

RHD:
Hamonic
Schultz

I like to think Klefbom has a much higher offensive ceiling.

oilz89*

I agree our D would be great with both, but that's not what you said. You said adding Hamonic and removing Klefbom would be a wash.

I did and i meant it. Hamonic would kinda be in over his head with this bad defence if he gets relied on to be the number one dman. Now if he has Klefbom with him... then its an actual potential top pairing.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
That would be an absolute dream. Okposo is expecting big money though, probably around ~7 million. And I'm sure NYI would want more as this deal does make them worse.

True on the 7M part, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Let's say Chiarelli get's him now, he has until TDD to try to lock him up, but if he feels it's not going the way he wants it and we are not contending for a playoff spot, trade him for a package deal. No biggie. And I don't see this deal making them worse. They get more offense from Eberle and Schultz. They have Leddy and Boychuk as their defensive guys. They would generate more goals with a Tavares/Eberle tandem than Tavares/Okposo tandem IMO.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe, but most times when a trade request/demand leaks out, the team doesn't get as much value. The article is a little vague, but it sounds like a trade would be at the request of Hamonic.

Gotta think the Islanders are going to move him to the West.

Right into our arms.

But seriously Chia better be all over this. To often with MacT we watched decent D become available and then him stand on the sidelines

The core isnt working, we need a top pairing guy even if we have to lose a trade

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
There's a guy on the Isles board suggesting:

Hall+1st

Or

Wheeler+Myers+1st

As reasonable returns :laugh:

Homerism truly has no borders.

If it was Hall + 20-29th then I actually think we wouldnt be that worse off. Slight overpayment. But for everyone tossing in Eberle to deals, hes been more productive than Hall

Jets one is horribad tho

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Right into our arms.

But seriously Chia better be all over this. To often with MacT we watched decent D become available and then him stand on the sidelines

The core isnt working, we need a top pairing guy even if we have to lose a trade

Agreed - I'm fine giving up more value if it actually addresses our needs.

We could throw in Ference as well to seal the deal.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
@DarrenDreger 56s56 seconds ago
Credit to @FriedgeHNIC on Hamonic story. He has family concerns in West Canada and requested a move before the season...

OH DEAR GOODNESS....IF CALGARY BEATS US TO THE PUNCH AGAIN

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
there seems to be some confusion as to why Travis Hamonic is in play--sounds like the situation started in the summer time--I like Travis Hamonic but before we trade for him I would like to know why he is in play

I like him and if I was the oilers I would kick his tired--cap hit of 3.75 for 4 more seasons? playing tough minutes and averaging over 22mins a game ice time? If he is in play--oilers should be in the discussion

McDeathbyCheerios*

Credit to @FriedgeHNIC on Hamonic story. He has family concerns in West Canada and requested a move before the season...

Hamilton, Jones for Hamonic, just watch.

HotToddy75

Jun 13, 2011
Hamonic is a #1 dman. Chiarelli needs to spend some forward talent into this deal.

Gotta wonder if this wasn't discussed when EDM traded for Reinhart?

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m1 minute ago
Hamonic loves the Isles. This is personal. Wpg, Edmtn, Cgy and Van all preferred. Might expand to other west cities. Tough on Isles....

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Swear to god if Vancouver gets him (assuming Calgary won't invest that much into the D), I'll punch a baby.

Literally this is falling into our laps. GET HIM CHIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad