Trade, Rumors and FA Thread Pre Draft Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Clearing space to pitch Taylor Hall.

First they have to sign Dubois, and he shouldn't come all that cheap. I'd say if Domi is worth 5.3, Dubois is worth about $8 million. Moving Nutivaara and then Murray was making room to sign Gavrikov, who they likely think is better. He was playing 23 minutes a night in the playoffs. After those 2 are signed, they'll probably only have a few million left in cap space.

I am still confused how the buyout for Wennberg was so little. I thought the model was 1/3 of base salary or Cap Hit. Wennberg's base salary was 5.35 million, Cap Hit $4.9 million. Jackets take a hit of $441,667 only in their Salary Cap.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I like Kulikov. Maybe give him a call. He's still young at 29.
Injury prone. Gives a few good games and then? Fades into wtf territory yearly. I think he had his chance, ×'s 3 seasons to prove himself more valuable. But never happened regularly. Thats a No Thanks for me, on Kuli.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hope Perfetti isn't "delegated to Left-wing" start up role. He is a Center, trained and experienced there. Sees the game from this view and brings his skill-set forth in this position. He is projected as our future 2C need with the hope of pushing Scheif's for 1C role eventually.
It actually does matter, long term. He ruined Roslovic's development at Center. Delegating a youngster to an off- skillset role demeans their drive and purpose and practise, development at this level, when they are a top prospect because of their abilities at their proven position.

No Roslovic just isn't all that good. Plenty of players are brought in as wingers. First Scheifele, Matthew's, Tavares. If you can't hack it as a winger you aren't going to hack it at the tougher position of center.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
First they have to sign Dubois, and he shouldn't come all that cheap. I'd say if Domi is worth 5.3, Dubois is worth about $8 million. Moving Nutivaara and then Murray was making room to sign Gavrikov, who they likely think is better. He was playing 23 minutes a night in the playoffs. After those 2 are signed, they'll probably only have a few million left in cap space.

I am still confused how the buyout for Wennberg was so little. I thought the model was 1/3 of base salary or Cap Hit. Wennberg's base salary was 5.35 million, Cap Hit $4.9 million. Jackets take a hit of $441,667 only in their Salary Cap.
?? Confusing, eh?

None

Feb 22, 2012
CBJ shopping Savard. They must be f'ed financially right now. Chevy should get in on that with the way things are going he'd probably only cost a 5th.

It'd be pretty funny if Vegas traded Stastny tomorrow to us and then Columbus trades us Savard and swoops in and takes Pietrangelo out from under Vegas.
I think they're more likely to be going after Hall, but with all the defensemen they're moving out who can really say?

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

He was a younger player, meaning his buyout is nearly free compared to an older player.

The buyout amount depends on the age of the player. If a player is younger than 26 years of age then the buyout cost is 1/3 of the original salary. If the player is 26 or older then the buyout is 2/3 of the remaining contract value.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He was a younger player, meaning his buyout is nearly free compared to an older player.

Thanks for the information, I didn't realize that. So he is getting bought out on his ELC. Makes some sense why they could afford to make that move then.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Mostly because, a) we miss Armia, and b) Stastny high-tailed outta here 1st chance, chasing rainbows full of $$$. (Sure it was to Vegas sunshine, heat & lights over Winterpeg). Of course we blame Chevy. Coach Moe has no control of "ice-time, line-mates, position" in contract negotiations, except involving Laine, maybe).

So should Jarmo get the blame if Columbus comes up empty tomorrow?

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
I don't have to wait. Any trade for Stastny is garbage without a 1st or better.
Would you rather sign wennberg for a multi year contract or somebody else in FA? Be realistic with the situation, Stastny as a 1 year stop gap at 2C is a perfect situation for the Jets. If they gain something on top of it that would be a bonus. If Perfetti isn't ready in 2 years, deal with it then. Stastny, who already knows Wpg and produced well on our 2nd line, is a great fit for next year

Reactions: roccerfeller

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
We took advantage of Melnyk's wallet in landing DeMelo, I'd sign up for round two with Savard should the C-Bus owner be facing challenging financial times. If Thomson and Chipper are prepared to make the McKenzie-Kings rain, then all the power to them.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Jets are rumoured to be after LHD, so here's a graph I made using Evolving-Hockey's RAPMs over the past three seasons of 5v5 for the UFAs:

fCKKDYW.png

Basically, you want to be on the right side of the graph (positive standard deviations). For example, Slater Koekkoek is about 1.08 standard deviations better than the mean population observed for his impact on xGF/60.

If I'm the Jets, I'm only seriously looking at Koekkoek (who somehow wasn't qualified by Chicago???), Merrill, and Joakim Ryan. The rest out there are too old, too expensive, or too bad.

EDIT: Plus, pro scouts should love Koekkoek. He's a big boy at 6-2, 193lb. Win-win for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad