Trade, Rumors and FA Thread Pre Draft Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
hmmm then who do they expose in the XD?

Maybe its a cheap pending UFA like the Murray trade. Otherwise it makes little sense unless the Jets are ok protecting 8 players.

Scheif Ehlers Conner Laine Wheeler JoMo DeMelo Pionk xxxx Helle

Gives Seattle their pick of Copp, Roslovic (If not dealt for said dmen) Harkins, Appelton etc.

Honestly after I look at it I wouldn't really be that torn up losing a Copp if he is hell bent on going to arbitration and leaving.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Kypreos saying we trading a 4th...the f*** does he know?

Murat Ates tweet above sounds like picks going both ways. Could be Stastny and a 2021 2nd for a 2022 4th :dunno:
That's probably fine, it's not like Stastny is completely valueless. Not too big of a deal either, I'm not too surprised that they didn't have to give up a 1st.

The media is definitely reporting it as a done deal though and it's coming from local media for a change.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I mean Murray is injured more then he’s healthy so I can see the hesitation with picking him up if you’re trying to be competitive next year
True, but even 40 games out of him should shelter Samberg and Heinola a bit to adjust to NHL level, and Murray when healthy is better any day than Kuli or Sbisa or Bowl-you!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Murat Ates tweet above sounds like picks going both ways. Could be Stastny and a 202 2nd for a 2022 4th :dunno:
That's probably fine, it's not like Stastny is completely valueless. Not too big of a deal either, I'm not too surprised that they didn't have to give up a 1st.

The media is definitely reporting it as a done deal though and it's coming from local media for a change.
Id be pleasantly shocked if they attached Krebs, glass or a 1st like ppl here suggested.

Reactions: GumbyCan2 and None

None

Feb 22, 2012
Id be pleasantly shocked if they attached Krebs, glass or a 1st like ppl here suggested.

I think they Jets would need to attach more value going the other way to get a prospect or 1st with Stastny and I think that's where the trade becomes more questionable from a value perspective.
Stastny as a stopgap and a 2nd for a 3rd or 4th round pick is totally fine to me.

I just hope we're not doing Stastny and a 5th for a 4th or a pick of even higher value.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm happy with Statsny though I was kind of hoping for Wennberg. Don't care about the add on as we needed a 2C just as much as they need cap relief. Really hope they get a top 4 LD. Encouraging if it's through trade as I'm not convinced by any of the UFAs.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm happy with Statsny though I was kind of hoping for Wennberg. Don't care about the add on as we needed a 2C just as much as they need cap relief. Really hope they get a top 4 LD. Encouraging if it's through trade as I'm not convinced by any of the UFAs.

There's nothing stopping us from picking up another bottom-6 F. We have just below 10M in cap available after Stastny at 0% retention (assuming Little never comes back), which is enough to sign a couple good defenders and a bottom 6 F.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm not too excited about Stastny. but I guess he has lots of experience which might help. I'll wait and see what the trade is before judging it I guess

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Well he didn't even make it to 30 this past year.
Thats this "past year tho". He is definitely one player who could use a change of scenery. Might keep him more motivated to stay healthy( ier) and rekindle locker room friendship with Scheifele. I think they played a few junior team canada years together?
Even if he only gives 30+ valid games,I see value in his mentorship to younger guys ready and his play is complimentary to team defense, something Jets struggle with. You pay him accordingly to #of games played and "injury discount. If he were included in, say, Roslo & Stanley to CBJ for O Bjorkstrand and R Murray and another Prospect? (Maybe Emil Bramstrom), plus a 2021 1st

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
VagueNearAyeaye-small.gif

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Murat Ates tweet above sounds like picks going both ways. Could be Stastny and a 2021 2nd for a 2022 4th :dunno:

TNSE's got a mole!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well it sure sounds like Statsny is on his way back, does he make the Jets better, only if he plays like he did on his first go around and having watched him this past year he isn't that player any more, maybe reuniting with Ehlers and Laine will create a spark.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Thats this "past year tho". He is definitely one player who could use a change of scenery. Might keep him more motivated to stay healthy( ier) and rekindle locker room friendship with Scheifele. I think they played a few junior team canada years together?
Even if he only gives 30+ valid games,I see value in his mentorship to younger guys ready and his play is complimentary to team defense, something Jets struggle with. You pay him accordingly to #of games played and "injury discount. If he were included in, say, Roslo & Stanley to CBJ for O Bjorkstrand and R Murray and another Prospect? (Maybe Emil Bramstrom), plus a 2021 1st
Oops. No Worry on Murray!! He is officially NJD's problem, for only a 5th yet!!

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Well it sure sounds like Statsny is on his way back, does he make the Jets better, only if he plays like he did on his first go around and having watched him this past year he isn't that player any more, maybe reuniting with Ehlers and Laine will create a spark.

If he has 40-45 points in him and can give some relief on the defensive side of the puck I think it's worth it. Heck he might even PK for us. It's not like there are a lot of other free centers this year.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Maybe its a cheap pending UFA like the Murray trade. Otherwise it makes little sense unless the Jets are ok protecting 8 players.

Scheif Ehlers Conner Laine Wheeler JoMo DeMelo Pionk xxxx Helle

Gives Seattle their pick of Copp, Roslovic (If not dealt for said dmen) Harkins, Appelton etc.

Honestly after I look at it I wouldn't really be that torn up losing a Copp if he is hell bent on going to arbitration and leaving.
Thing is, if Copp given steady role and ice-time, like he deserves, and he produces 30+ points this coming season while helping PK be more successful and performing stellar shutdown play, as he has, he deserves a fair offer raise! I don't believe he pulls arbitration if offered fair value right up front. He is not Trouba part 2, in that sense. I would favor him over Lowry, but that is my Opine.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm not jumping off the couch or anything but I think it's a good move because of Perfetti dropping to us. Buys us a year. It obviously doesn't matter if Maurice decides Fetti is a LW.

I would've preferred them give someone younger with some upside a chance, but maybe they didn't like any of the options that much

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I'm not jumping off the couch or anything but I think it's a good move because of Perfetti dropping to us. Buys us a year. It obviously doesn't matter if Maurice decides Fetti is a LW.
Hope Perfetti isn't "delegated to Left-wing" start up role. He is a Center, trained and experienced there. Sees the game from this view and brings his skill-set forth in this position. He is projected as our future 2C need with the hope of pushing Scheif's for 1C role eventually.
It actually does matter, long term. He ruined Roslovic's development at Center. Delegating a youngster to an off- skillset role demeans their drive and purpose and practise, development at this level, when they are a top prospect because of their abilities at their proven position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad