Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Why would the thought of trading a sure thing in a young defenseman like Voynov, for draft picks ever enter our minds?

Who's thinking about trading VV??? I love Voynov!!! I'm just trying to gauge what his trade value is on our board to see if our view of him is inflated or not. Just for kicks, nothing more.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
If you want to have a good laugh just head to the Ranger's trade speculation thread, their gaborik to LA offers are hilarious.

One guy said a Carter for Gaborik swap or Gabby+ a pick for Richards, or Clifford and Scuderi.........

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Wow. There are some weird rumors about us milling around the rinks.

I think that we will stand pat or make a minor deal if we don't handle our bus from within but there are lots of little rumblings going around and a couple of big ones too.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The HNIC crew on the Hotstove made mention of Iginla and the small list of teams that is on his list (the Kings are one of them according to Dreger) and the Flames are seeking good young players and picks.

Kevin Weekes added that Iginla does not want to be a rental player, so there could be an opportunity for him to stick with the team he is dealt to. I would like to liken it to the Bruins acquiring Mark Recchi, who played a few seasons with Boston before hanging them up (and won a Cup with them in the process). If the Kings can get Iginla signed to a one or two year extension, then the Kings probably have to strongly consider him as a legit option.

I'm not keen on Iginla as a rental, but as a one or two year option beyond this season, it makes more sense.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The HNIC crew on the Hotstove made mention of Iginla and the small list of teams that is on his list (the Kings are one of them according to Dreger) and the Flames are seeking good young players and picks.

Kevin Weekes added that Iginla does not want to be a rental player, so there could be an opportunity for him to stick with the team he is dealt to. I would like to liken it to the Bruins acquiring Mark Recchi, who played a few seasons with Boston before hanging them up (and won a Cup with them in the process). If the Kings can get Iginla signed to a one or two year extension, then the Kings probably have to strongly consider him as a legit option.

I'm not keen on Iginla as a rental, but as a one or two year option beyond this season, it makes more sense.

I agree. I would love to get Iginla here. I'm not exactly sure what I would give up, but I really hope Dean is on this. I know some Kings fans don't feel the same.

I think if you put him in the right situation he would do reallly well here. He already respects Sutter and I think that's huge.

KingKopitar11*

I agree. I would love to get Iginla here. I'm not exactly sure what I would give up, but I really hope Dean is on this. I know some Kings fans don't feel the same.

I think if you put him in the right situation he would do reallly well here. He already respects Sutter and I think that's huge.

He'd be great on the kings. And he'd give us some more character which is always great.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If the flames finally do a rebuild like they should trading Iggy to the Kings for bernier a mid tier prospect and a draft pick would allow them to also trade kipper that should yield an even better return than Iggy would...imo of course

I just think offering more than this even if he signs for 2 years will cripple the Kings too much in The long run.

stonedhenge

Jun 29, 2010
Iginla will cost a lot, so I'd rather add a little and get someone like Jordan Eberle as a longterm solution. He isn't having a great season, so his value probably dropped a bit. Maybe Bernier+Martinez/Muzzin+prospect+pick would get Edmonton to listen.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think that we will stand pat or make a minor deal if we don't handle our bus from within but there are lots of little rumblings going around and a couple of big ones too.

I don't think DL will stand pat. He's keeping an eye on the injured D and although I think Greene will be back, I'm not so sure aobut WIllie. EVen if he does try to come back, he'll have not played in almost a year and won't be the same player, not being tentative on a questionable knee. So I think DL is eyeing up if he could get a vet d...and maybe not only for this year.
And the 2nd line needs a good top 6 LW, Penner isn't it and isn't consistent. He's not a player being sought by other teams ,so I'm find with him on the 3rd or 4th line. I don't like Iggy as a rental, if he's willing to do a Mark Recchi and sign a contract and play here for a few years, that's fine. If not, then maybe the rumblings I've read on some of the East Coast blogs about Buffalo listening to offers for Vanek might be better to pursue
But DL needs to address that B4 the playoffs.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Wow. There are some weird rumors about us milling around the rinks.

I would not be surprised if DL is looking to make a proper hockey deal instead of a rental (which he has a history of, Williams and Carter come to mind). We are going to need a long-term solution to that tough stay at home defensman once Scuderi and/or Mitchell leave, and we still could use another top 6 winger (maybe Toffoli down the road).

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Iginla will cost a lot, so I'd rather add a little and get someone like Jordan Eberle as a longterm solution. He isn't having a great season, so his value probably dropped a bit. Maybe Bernier+Martinez/Muzzin+prospect+pick would get Edmonton to listen.

Good luck getting Eberle. In my opinion he is Edmonton's untouchable. They would move Hall before they moved Eberle.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Iginla has never been just a rental and I hate it when people say that. Iginla is the type of player who's track record and status will dictate this trade and where he ends up. He's getting traded to a team where he wants to play and that team will sign him to an extension.

LombardiTool

Jun 20, 2006
Fontana, Ca
www.glendoraemc.com
Iginla has never been just a rental and I hate it when people say that. Iginla is the type of player who's track record and status will dictate this trade and where he ends up. He's getting traded to a team where he wants to play and that team will sign him to an extension.

No guarantee of that. No team can talk with him unless they get permission or ten trade is final. I wouldn't give up a big chunk without sme sort or guarantee.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
The last thing, what we need is an old, slow, right shooting "star" winger like Iginla. It's going to be an awful mistake, if we'll make a trade to get him. Chicago is a fast team, Vancouver is a fast team - Iginla is a totally useless and liability against them.

I really hope, that Lombardi doesn't do anything. Our team is good, a really good alredy. But if he acquires something, I hope it's a reliable, right shooting, stay-at-home d-man. Our left side okei (Scuderi, Muzzin, Martinez, Ellerby, who is playing better left side, than right side), but in right side there is a huge hole behind Doughty and Voinov.

Of course we need to get a top-6 left shooting, playmaking winger and a bigger and more skilled 4th line center, but our biggest need is a good, physical, right shooting d-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad