Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think acquiring Penner went out the window when LA traded Gagne. Also can't see why LA would downgrade to Boyle from Stoll. With LA being 7-3 in their last 10, I don't see any reason they'd be looking to jettison any pieces we could actually use.

LA has actually played quite a few teams recently who might have more attractive pieces for us to acquire. Our west coast scouts could very well be sitting in LA waiting for targets to pass through town instead of chasing them around the country.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I think acquiring Penner went out the window when LA traded Gagne. Also can't see why LA would downgrade to Boyle from Stoll. With LA being 7-3 in their last 10, I don't see any reason they'd be looking to jettison any pieces we could actually use.

LA has actually played quite a few teams recently who might have more attractive pieces for us to acquire. Our west coast scouts could very well be sitting in LA waiting for targets to pass through town instead of chasing them around the country.

Good point. See them play the Cup champs too.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
So it's completely normal for the Rangers to scout two west coast teams on a regular basis? Kings and Sharks. No reason to speculate or anything there.

Why would the Rangers scout 2 Western Conference teams? They don't play the West this season. It has to be for possible trading partners

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
LA is a little thin on the left side on their blue line and kind of loaded on the right side.

Del Zotto for Voynov+?

What is the plus though... We don't move DZ with Staal out...

dz isn;t going to be traded for something like that.. hes worth hanging on to and another thing is dz wasnt part of the nash deal so if we're trading him its in all likely hood for someone who is an elite player

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Dallas, St Louis, Nashville, Detroit and Anaheim have all come through over the last 10 days. Plus Phoenix was in Anaheim two nights ago. Mix of possible sellers as well as teams we might face in a potential cup final.

Anaheim won't go near the finals, 1st/2nd round exit on the cards for them IMO. They have 3 players shooting over 20%, 8 players shooting over 14%, and are getting outplayed 5v5. Their hot start will ensure them a mid-seed for the playoffs, but they aren't a contender.

St: Louis will go farther than Anaheim in the post season. LA/CHI/STL are the top teams in the West.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
in all seriuosness what would Boyle, Bickel, rights to Zuccarello, 3rd get us?

bag of pucks?, coffee and a bagel?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

No joke. Bagel and coffee would be pushing it. Zucc is more valuable as a wildcard for us than he is as trade bait, which is to say his rights are almost worthless. Boyle is probably worth about a 4th based on the market this year. Bickel is the kind of name were seeing on waivers. A third is a third. The entire worth of that package is probably about that of a second, but less desirable.

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
I've seen a few people say something like "now that we have Hamrlik, we don't need Murray"...I hope to God the Rangers don't feel that way...The Rangers will always have a good team defense becasue of the work ofthe forwards but, without Staal, the Rangers don't have one iota of nastiness on their back line to protect the slot, crease and The King.(even with him, it's dreadful, as Mcd and Girardi are playing pretty "small" defensively this year)..Personally, after watching him alot in Washington, I think the Hamrlik signing will have minimum positive impact...His offensive game is mainly gone...he runs around alot..and.he is as soft as Charmin.The Rangers STILL need a D-man like Murray that will do the dirty and physical work consistently from the 3rd pair (or higher)....At least if going far in the POs is a concern..

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

You tell us.

Here's how it breaks down:

- Boyle is a 3/4th line center.

- Bickel is at best a 7th defenseman.

- Zuccarello is an undersized, generally unproven player who wants to be paid and is unwilling to sign a two-way deal.

- A 3rd is a 3rd.

What do you really think you're getting for that package?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We got Derek Morris rental for Dawes, Prucha, Kalinen one year. That wasn't much of a package either.

Got Jokinen rental for Kotalik, Higgins.

I think the underlying message is don't sign UFAs out of Buffalo.

Punxrocknyc19*

Would something like:

Stoll + Clifford for Boyle + Asham + be something the Rangers could swing?

Kings hang up the phone...

id love Clifford on this team....Asham doesnt have much value and has been injured this year.... Boyle... why would the Kings bring him back and trade more than what they orginally traded for to get rid of him...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kings hang up the phone...

id love Clifford on this team....Asham doesnt have much value and has been injured this year.... Boyle... why would the Kings bring him back and trade more than what they orginally traded for to get rid of him...

Because when they traded him he wasn't a NHLer and now he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad