Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sharks Fan here. What would it take for you to consider trading Hagelin or Stepan? Absolutely covet these two young players of yours.

If your still looking for a youngish RH PMD, I would offer up Braun + Clowe + 2nd as a starting point for discussions for either. (New poster here, if this is laughable please be kind. Not trying to offend. Let me know what would be more tolerable....)

Not moving Hags unless overwhelmed, too much upside.
I consider Stepan a valued asset that should be moved if there is overpay

Would do Stepan + x
for
Pavelski + y

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I really like the NSH proposals on the Trade forum for Gaborik, should they feel he has to be moved for cap, or play style reasons.

Fischer - Great 2/3 center, and with the center depth the Rangers have, would be an even better 3/4 center. This would allow them to move Boyle as well to somewhere like Chicago, who is actually looking for a Boyle-type depth C right now.

Richards
Stepan
Fischer
Miller

Ellis/Blum - Two solid young D prospects and either one would immediately make the bottom pairing not so bad to look at anymore. Three solid pairings that can be reliable.

McD-Girardi
Staal-DZ
Stralman/Hamrlik-Blum/Ellis

Stralman/Hamilrik/Gilroy/Eminger

1st - Take a mid-late first in a deep draft where the Rangers are without one.

NYR: Boyle

Chicago: Conditional 1st (Making WCF) or decent forward prospect?

Careful, careful.
For over a year, I've been pushing Boyle to Chicago if they make it worth our while.
Boyle + Christian Thomas (CBH legacy, son of Hawk/TML start Steve)
for
D Dylan Olsen (late 1st) + C Mark McNeil (mid 1st)

CBH board was like 50-50 on that last year
This year, their G is kickin, their D is kickin, and they have guys like Saad higher in the order.

So on paper this overpayment could happen. Great injury insurance for lower 6 at minimum.

However, someone wanted to chew me out for that.
Like that kind of a deal is IMPOSSIBLE :amazed: to happen.

You know, the same way it's IMPOSSIBLE for Miller to do a Hagelin and make this club.:naughty::D

So be careful

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thank you all for your kind replies and words of welcome. I figured Hagelin/Stepan were near-untouchable and likely out of our reach. Did hope that maybe Clowe and a RHD on a great contract might be enough to spark your interest (especially if you suspect having to choose one over the other when it comes time to re-sign them). I see now that my wishful thinking is probably too far off from what would pry one of those two from your hands. Adding depth guys like Galiardi to the above is clearly not the answer. You have a couple really good players there, I'd hold on to them to.

On the Gomez front, compared to our other bottom six options he fits right in: Absolutely no secondary scoring ability (except last night) and mostly filling time until our top lines are rested enough to get back on the ice. Some of our younger bottom sixers look like they will develop into pretty good fourth liners, couple maybe even serviceable third liners. With no forward depth in the A, after a few injuries, we are icing 31 year old rookie (career AHLers) to fill out our lines. So yes, Sharks have no forward depth to add to any offer.

Gomez is fun to watch, and absolutely is not the guy that will lead us deep into the play-offs. He has never had a real shot, but strange how far he has fallen. Low risk pick-up for us. He certainly makes us no worse. But we do need some blue-chip forwards in our system if we are ever to reach the promised land. Its why I covet your guys so much.

By the way, Pavelski is not untouchable to us. He is horrendously valuable Swiss-Army-Knife player in all situations. As a rookie user, I won't be starting any threads. But if you wanted Pavelski, your offer probably would need to start with Stepan and a B+ forward prospect or a good pick. Not saying that would interest you, but some overpayment would be needed.

Coincidentally, I said Stepan + in a reply post.
Feel free to add, explore variations to fullest.

Welcome...

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Look, Dubinsky was and still is a solid player, but even at 25, he is still 'unsure' about the way he should be playing. Brenden Morrow knows his role, he knows he's a 3rd line grinder at this point. Dubinsky has times where he tries to play a finesse, playmaking style, and it just doesn't work.

Would love to acquire Fisher. Tough, RH centerman with some goal scoring ability,
Unfortunately so, such as the entire 2011-12 season...:(

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The Rangers have one SPC left.

The Rangers can't add money for 2013-14.

yep which is why Hamrlik is a rental UFA. I imagine if Staal is ok and Hamrlik doesnt suck thats the 6 D, they may move Eminger or Gilroy for a pick or AHL body at some pt.

Only thing I see now is a 3rd rounder for a depth forward and maybe Boyle in a deal for another forward

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I know that this is pie in the sky, but I think that the Rangers need to think long and hard about trying to do all that is necessary (within reason) to bring Iginla to NY.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Iginla - Richards - Gaborik
Pyatt - Miller - Callahan
Powe - Halpern - Boyle/Haley

Again, within reason, but a serious attempt has to be made.

Jarome would look insane on this team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I know that this is pie in the sky, but I think that the Rangers need to think long and hard about trying to do all that is necessary (within reason) to bring Iginla to NY.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash

So, you're losing no roster forwards, and we have no 1st round pick. Seems quite impossible to me.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash

He is a RW. The Rangers have Nash, Callahan and Gaborik on the right side. None of them look good on the left side.

They need to look for a 3rd line center. Someone like Chris Kelly would be a fantastic fit.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Korpedo for Lisin. :shakehead

don't remind me, that was one that didnt make much sense cause Korpikoski is a torts kinda guy, grinder. They just took a shot in the dark on Lisin just like they did when they moved Tyutin for Zherdev.........lesson learned hopefully

good thing is guys like Pyatt have been signed to fill that spot and Hagelin came in

Lets just focus on the Voros who was a pile for something usefull like Eminger....and the complete fleece job McDonaugh for Gomez...........even Bickel from Aneheim was a good deal cause he became a NHL player..... a crappy one but a NHL player:laugh:

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Not moving Hags unless overwhelmed, too much upside.
I consider Stepan a valued asset that should be moved if there is overpay

Would do Stepan + x
for
Pavelski + y

no way you move stepan... hes the now and future of rangers...

gaborik+ for Pavs+ if anything..

Gabs 31yrs old, 14points on the year, one year left on deal

Pavs 28yrs old (29 by july), 17points on year, one year left on deal

pavs can play center or rw for us and gabs could solidify a true scoring role for them in sj..

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
if Richards has a stinger and is out for who knows how ling it may be time to pull the trigger on another C and fast. Team still needs to make the freaking playoffs

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Rangers have one SPC left.

The Rangers can't add money for 2013-14.

The Rangers have taken on term once since the 2005 lockout. Rick Nash.

Sandis Ozolinch was, if I recall correctly.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
don't remind me, that was one that didnt make much sense cause Korpikoski is a torts kinda guy, grinder. They just took a shot in the dark on Lisin just like they did when they moved Tyutin for Zherdev.........lesson learned hopefully

Korpikoski was not happy with signing a qualifying offer and there were rumors he might go to the KHL. So they traded him.

And since 22 year old's with half a dozen career goals do not have much value, we got Lisin.

I don't understand why this has to be explained every few months.

*Bob Richards*

Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun and Sportsnet is on Hockeycentral FAN590. Iginla. Francis believes Iginla will command $7M-$7.5M this summer as a free agent.

RIP to whoever signs that contract.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Korpikoski was not happy with signing a qualifying offer and there were rumors he might go to the KHL. So they traded him.

And since 22 year old's with half a dozen career goals do not have much value, we got Lisin.

I don't understand why this has to be explained every few months.

You always apologize when it comes to this. Which is weird cause you know a thing or two about how these things work and the bottom line was if you want a player you always figure out how to keep'em. Torts was not interested in Korpikoski. Sather's boys got excited, yet again, on a small sample size of Lisin's game. Other teams usuallu get value, some kind of talent that can at least play a shift. Lisin was absolute zero. They had him on the first line.

Waste of an asset from a team that can never really afford to just 'go with their gut'.

Michael Barnett was working for the Rangers as an advisor at the time. He knew Lisin from PHX. That was terrible trade from the moment it was made.

Barnett used to be and may still be a very available person around MSG. I have talked to him about this trade on more than one occasion. All he talked about was Lisin's season in Phoenix. He said he was 'electric' :shakehead

Same as everyone, these guys get so hooked on finding the next gem, it really is no different than being on HF boards sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad