Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVII: Viva la St.Louis! [Mod Warning post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Sharks are pretty close to the cap with Brad Stuart on LTIR who will probably come back at some point, would be a tight fit, Rangers would probably have to take back like Tyler Kennedy.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Sharks have a few interesting RHD prospects between Tennyson, DeMelo and Acolaste. Not much in the way of forwards though.

I think Demers has always been on the Rangers radar though.

Of what my brother-in-law tells me, and he's a die hard Sharks fan, and we went to Philly to see them Thursday, they're trying to trade Boyle. He wants big bucks, and the idea is to have Tennyson replace Boyle eventually. Demers and/or Braun would require an overpayment. They're also disappointed with Stuart and Kennedy. San Jose is very top heavy, not much in the bottom 6. The thought process is when Hertl comes back to slide Pavelski down to the third line for depth. I think a duo of Cally and Pavelski on their third line would do wonders for them. Will be interesting

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah seems like almost every hockey guy in the media thinks that. We'll see. Hope not for the terms they are talking about.:cry:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Really don't see Callahan coming down from his asking price. I do, however, see Sather looking like a clown after backing down from the alleged "We'll trade you by the deadline" stance.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Really don't see Callahan coming down from his asking price. I do, however, see Sather looking like a clown after backing down from the alleged "We'll trade you by the deadline" stance.

He recently found out that finding returns in these types of situations is extremely difficult. Writing a huge check? Easy.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
This team needs to get more physical, and that wont be accomplished by trading for MSL.

The bruins are the class of the east, I dont think anyone can dispute that, when its comes down to it whether its the pens/lightning/whoever their going to physically dominate and get back to the SCF, move Callahan, Boyle, Stralman for futures or big bodies, fill this team in with big guys in the offseason, thats the only way this team will be able to get through Boston.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 1m
Blackhawks announce they've traded Brandon Pirri to the Florida Panthers for a 2014 3rd, and 2016 5th round pick

If this is all it took to get Pirri, why didn't we even make an attempt to get him?

Punxrocknyc19*

Blackhawks announce they've traded Brandon Pirri to the Florida Panthers for a 2014 3rd, and 2016 5th round pick

If this is all it took to get Pirri, why didn't we even make an attempt to get him?

Sather is zzzzzzz :help:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009

It's probably the Tallon connection, Florida and Chicago are frequent trade partners.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
What the fudge? Not that I'm particularly curious as to why Glen wasn't in on Pirri at a price like that - there's the chance he wasn't offered, etc. - but why would Chicago make that trade at all. Pirri certainly seems to have a reasonably bright future in the NHL and is as close to being able to fill the #2C for the Hawks as anyone else in their system right now. If they were going to move him I was under the impression it would be to improve the roster for another Cup run, not for picks that seem lower than his valid to boot. Really surprised by this. Are they making room to acquire someone?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
What the fudge? Not that I'm particularly curious as to why Glen wasn't in on Pirri at a price like that - there's the chance he wasn't offered, etc. - but why would Chicago make that trade at all. Pirri certainly seems to have a reasonably bright future in the NHL and is as close to being able to fill the #2C for the Hawks as anyone else in their system right now. If they were going to move him I was under the impression it would be to improve the roster for another Cup run, not for picks that seem lower than his valid to boot. Really surprised by this. Are they making room to acquire someone?

Sounds like he asked for a trade reading the trade board, he was also in the minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad