Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Chips are starting to fall. Ott and Miller.

Punxrocknyc19 is going to be real butt hurt when he realizes Ott is not coming to us.

That would take STL out of the running for callahan.

Vidic15*

Chips are starting to fall. Ott and Miller.

Punxrocknyc19 is going to be real butt hurt when he realizes Ott is not coming to us.

That would take STL out of the running for callahan.

I hope so. They can't wait to get rid of Stewart.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I still think Sather is going to go for it....Penguins are very beatable...it is the Bruins we have to handle . Watch him load up...bye bye kids...hello MSL ...it is the Sather way... :) Somebody else will have to pick up the pieces in the Summer when he leaves...

I think the rangers can skate with Boston and Pittsburgh.

Healthier defense. Better goaltending than Pittsburgh and with Henrik back on his game, he is better than Rask but not by much.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
LOL. Stopped reading your rant after that gem.

How is he anything more?

Was he drafted by this team? No.
Did he spend any significant time with this team? No.
Did he cause or even take part in any significant post-season success with this team? No.

What did he do? Break a record thanks to heavily over-inflated post-lockout scoring? Great.

The guy was here for 3 years. He was a very exciting player to watch, and IMO, he's the greatest European player in NHL history. That doesn't make him any more significant a Ranger. He was a stop gap player on what were, taken as a whole, terrible teams

As a Ranger fan for over 20 years, words can't describe how much more Ryan Callahan means to me as a fan of this team than Jaromir Jagr. Wayne Gretzky is a more important Ranger than Jaromir Jagr, and Wayne Gretzky wasn't all that important a Ranger himself.

The Rangers should never have traded for Jagr to begin with; maybe they wouldn't have been mired in mediocrity for years to come.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
How is he anything more?

Did he cause or even take part in any significant post-season success with this team? No.

What did he do? Break a record thanks to heavily over-inflated post-lockout scoring? Great.

The guy was here for 3 years. He was a very exciting player to watch, and IMO, he's the greatest European player in NHL history. That doesn't make him any more significant a Ranger. He was a stop gap player on what were, taken as a whole, terrible teams

As a Ranger fan for over 20 years, words can't describe how much more Ryan Callahan means to me as a fan of this team than Jaromir Jagr. Wayne Gretzky is a more important Ranger than Jaromir Jagr, and Wayne Gretzky wasn't all that important a Ranger himself.

The Rangers should never have traded for Jagr to begin with; maybe they wouldn't have been mired in mediocrity for years to come.

We still would have had Lundqvist, though. Him and Jagr were the reason we became a playoff contender sooner.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 24s
Not saying this is it, but one scenario that has definitely been discussed: 3-way trade involving BUF, STL and OTT. A # of variations.

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
He is. One season. Gaborik too.

First of all, even if it was just the one season, it is by far the greatest season by any one player in NYR history. That alone makes him more than a footnote in this team's history.

But lets not forget the dude singlehandedly (well... with help from some Swedish goaltender) brought this organization back to respectability and out of the dark ages while playing with rosters comprised of clowns.

How people are hating on Jagr's Ranger career seriously baffles me....

Anyway... Callahan is a blue collar player and an important player, but this is a business and the bang has to be worth the buck. You've got to remove emotion and feelings and manage your assets properly.. trade him and get the best return you possibly can.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 34s
STL would get Miller, OTT would get Chris Stewart, BUF would get prospects from OTT. If Ott (the player) included to STL, 1st rder to BUF.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 57s
STL would get Miller, OTT would get Chris Stewart, BUF would get prospects from OTT. If Ott (the player) included to STL, 1st rder to BUF.

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
How is he anything more?

I'm having trouble believing you've ever watched the Rangers.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 34s

I want to live in a world where Chris Stewart is worth the prospects that would get Ryan Miller because it sounds really funny

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 26s
That scenario I laid out is speculative but has been discussed this week by the teams.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The Blues would undoubtedly be the favorites with Miller...

Nah, we hear this every year at the deadline and it never comes to fruition. They would be a favorite, but they already are. Chips would have to fall right for them to win it all as with everyone else. They already have the 2nd lowest GA in the league.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Blueshirt Bulletin ‏

Does anybody see any other reports that Callahan and the Rangers are showing progress? Is this guy talking out of his ass?

6:05PM: The gap between the Rangers and Ryan Callahan is still “substantial†with Callahan looking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per season and the Rangers offering five-years and $6 million per season. (NY Post)

The Rangers may be willing to go to six years in order to close the deal but if Callahan insists on seven-years and/or more than $6.5 million he will be traded. (NY Post)

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...s-still-there/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source= twitterfeed

Sounds like it may all be coming together. And Sather will still go after St. Louis, picks and prospects and namely one or two LW on the big team I could see all being in play.

Congrats to Danny G. More then earned it.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
i would deal Skjei, Nieves, Hrivik St.Croix Yogan Bourque Jean over Fast, Andersson, Allen, McIlrath, Kristo..

Yeah I agree, prob is Tampa is not an ideal trade partner. They are stacked with prospects and we can't package Boyle for PK reasons, so maybe something like this:

MSL for Cally, Powe/Asham, Hrivik/Buch, and a 2nd if Cally doesn't resign. Hopefully that's enough but prob not looking at their hockey future prospects.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just in case there was any doubt...looks like the Rangers will either get MSL (by adding to Callahan) or will sign Callahan for 6.5 x 6. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad