Speculation: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XX: Let's make it to XXX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
It doesn't fit. Boomer said it's a 1 for 1 deal with a conditional pick (presumably if Callahan either signs with new team or wins the Cup or whatever).

No way is TB trading their best player (Stamkos injured) straight up for a rental (Callahan) PLUS a pick.

Could be a conditional 1st from the Rangers to TB. 1st if Cally walks, something less if he re-signs.

AHB*

Another factor in my (likely vain) hope that it's not MSL:

Do we really think that Marty was laying down ultimatums while he was in the midst of a gold medal run?

And do we really think that Stevie Y was negotiating deals while he was managing a gold medal run?

I mean, I guess it's possible, but I'd think that neither one would really be all that focused on anything else until after the games were over.

For what it's worth, there were rumblings about St. Louis prior to his announcement as a replacement for TC.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
In my view, MSL doesn't make sense for three reasons -

1) Why are the Rangers "re-uniting" MSL with Richards, who is likely not to be here past this year?

2) What does TB gain from trading MSL for a pending UFA like Callahan?

3) It's MSL leaving TB...there would be a lot more fanfare, and Yzerman could get a lot more than a pending UFA for him.

IMO the ONLY way it makes sense is if MSL has played the NMC card and is demanding to go to the Rangers - and that he doesn't think Richie will be bought out.

Of course, what's he going to to do - not report? Doesn't really sound like MSL, the vet, captain, and as far as I know, a guy who really likes TB.

blue68

Jul 7, 2008
long island
Long time troller never post much but dont be surprised if callahan is not involved in this deal but hagelin is.

He also said the deal depends on (1) players not getting hurt OR (2) if player reconsiders $$$

Hagelin is signed and has no say in any money talk. Cally could reconsider Sather's offer and then the deal would be off

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
No, his tweet specifically said it's a pick TO the NYR, not the other way around.

"all I know now is 1 for 1 player trade maybe a conditional pick COMING TO the NYR.

He did say that, and I agree with you. That is the one thing, even in a worst case scenario for TB, still doesn't really add up.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
Has anybody ever thought about this being a ploy by management to lower Callahans demands if he indeed wants to remain a Ranger. Because whoever Boomer got this from is within the organization.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
No, his tweet specifically said it's a pick TO the NYR, not the other way around.

"all I know now is 1 for 1 player trade maybe a conditional pick COMING TO the NYR.

Uhhh, all of this doesn't make any sense!

Most people will trust Bob on this, Boomer doesn't have the street cred BMac does. So for now I think most people are resting easy.

BMac, while perhaps the most credible guy in the biz, likely doesn't have the same sources within the NYR as Boomer does.

How often does BMac out a trade?

Hard to believe Boomer would piss away his rep over something like this. He has clearly been stating that this trade has been a done deal for a while.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
Has anybody ever thought about this being a ploy by management to lower Callahans demands if he indeed wants to remain a Ranger. Because whoever Boomer got this from is within the organization.

@7BOOMERESIASON is there any chance this is just a strategy to scare Callahan into taking a reasonable contract?

Boomer Esiason ‏@7BOOMERESIASON 1h
@alan387 could be but I really doubt it

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
McKenzie is kind of **** these days...not saying he's wrong on this but he and Dreger and the rest of TSN have gone downhill in the last couple of years and seem to be bigger on sensationalism and fighting with fans over twitter, etc

On the other hand, not like this Boomer thing isn't sensationalist as well...

Anyways, the Peaches and Herb comment: Herb=Marijuana=Doobie=Dubi obviously the trade is to reunite someone on the Rangers named Peaches with Dubinsky

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Isn't Boomer saying this is "out of no where" and will light the hockey world on fire with it's announcement? Therefore, St. Louis for Callahan is a gargantuan trade and fits the bill, and trades involving mid-tier players like Hagelin probably don't.

0ddManRush

Jul 1, 2010
NY
Judging by the criteria, it's an eastern team that isn't the Bruins, Leafs, Senators, Pens, Caps, or Devils. If he's going as a rental, that takes Florida, Buffalo and the Islanders out of the mix, leaving Columbus, Hurricanes, Red Wings, Flyers, Canadiens, and Lightning. The player in question was also an olympian. Here's the list of olympians from those teams.

Lightning
Steven Stamkos
Radko Gudas
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Valtteri Filppula
Sami Salo

Canadiens
PK Subban
Peter Budaj
Carey Price
Max Pacioretty
Raphael Diaz
Alexei Emelin
Andrei Markov
Tomas Plekanec

Red Wings
Pavel Datsyuk
Jimmy Howard
Daniel Alfredsson
Henrik Zetterberg
Niklas Kronwall
Jonas Gustavsson
Jonathan Ericsson
Johan Franzen
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Flyers
Michael Raffl
Kimmo Timonen
Andrej Meszaros
Mark Streit

Blue Jackets
Marian Gaborik
Sergei Bobrovsky
Fedor Tyutin
Nikita Nikitin
Artem Anisimov

Hurricanes
Justin Faulk
Andrej Sekera
Tuomo Ruutu

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He did say that, and I agree with you. That is the one thing, even in a worst case scenario for TB, still doesn't really add up.

Didn't he also mention grit? That's not really MSL's game at all.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
i saw it as us fans would be upset bc hes not the same, isn't signed long term, but fits the buyer/seller- (L. Eriksson)

MSL looks like he might be that guy, i guess. hes a beast, but this could also signal brich might be here after this year

Funny I just a heard a rumor last week but really didn't think about until someone brought up Louie.

Deal was Louie and a 2nd
For
Cally

Didn't think it was a bad deal but also didn't think it would happen--but it does fit everything Boomer throwing out there.

OLY guy--yes
1st line guy--yes
Peaches and cream--yes Louie played with BR
The only thing I'm not sure about is his contact--I know someone has that answer.

Anyway to be honest if we somehow got
MSL or Patches for Cally I'm all over that then losing Cally for nothing.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Most people will trust Bob on this, Boomer doesn't have the street cred BMac does. So for now I think most people are resting easy.

I'm gonna with Boomer on this one, since he probably has better sources at MSG.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Judging by the criteria, it's an eastern team that isn't the Bruins, Leafs, Senators, Pens, Caps, or Devils. If he's going as a rental, that takes Florida, Buffalo and the Islanders out of the mix, leaving Columbus, Hurricanes, Red Wings, Flyers, Canadiens, and Lightning. The player in question was also an olympian. Here's the list of olympians from those teams.

Lightning
Steven Stamkos
Radko Gudas
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Valtteri Filppula
Sami Salo

Canadiens
PK Subban
Peter Budaj
Carey Price
Max Pacioretty
Raphael Diaz
Alexei Emelin
Andrei Markov
Tomas Plekanec

Red Wings
Pavel Datsyuk
Jimmy Howard
Daniel Alfredsson
Henrik Zetterberg
Niklas Kronwall
Jonas Gustavsson
Jonathan Ericsson
Johan Franzen
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Flyers
Michael Raffl
Kimmo Timonen
Andrej Meszaros
Mark Streit

Blue Jackets
Marian Gaborik
Sergei Bobrovsky
Fedor Tyutin
Nikita Nikitin
Artem Anisimov

Hurricanes
Justin Faulk
Andrej Sekera
Tuomo Ruutu

MSL replaced Stamkos on Team Canada when Stamkos wasn't medically cleared to play.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Lightning
Steven Stamkos
Radko Gudas
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Valtteri Filppula
Sami Salo

Canadiens
PK Subban
Peter Budaj
Carey Price
Max Pacioretty
Raphael Diaz
Alexei Emelin
Andrei Markov
Tomas Plekanec

Red Wings
Pavel Datsyuk
Jimmy Howard
Daniel Alfredsson
Henrik Zetterberg
Niklas Kronwall
Jonas Gustavsson
Jonathan Ericsson
Johan Franzen
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Flyers
Michael Raffl
Kimmo Timonen
Andrej Meszaros
Mark Streit

Blue Jackets
Marian Gaborik
Sergei Bobrovsky
Fedor Tyutin
Nikita Nikitin
Artem Anisimov

Hurricanes
Justin Faulk
Andrej Sekera
Tuomo Ruutu

He said no to the Jackets, and Flyers.

Didn't he also mention grit? That's not really MSL's game at all.

No not really, but could be skewed to be seen as much since he is a 110% player.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009

Lightning
Steven Stamkos
Radko Gudas
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Valtteri Filppula
Sami Salo

Canadiens
PK Subban
Peter Budaj
Carey Price
Max Pacioretty