• Thread starter Boom Boom Geoffrion*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
if rangers don't go after boyle, what do you guys think of signing a Markov, or Kimmo Timonen on a 1 or 2 year deal, both these guys are old but they still can play

Almost no chance Markov leaves MTL. Aren't they close to a three-year deal anyway?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Nobody wants to trade anyone of value. Its always trade the player when the value is at its lowest. We can't trade Del Zotto because he is our only PMD. How did that work out? I know its AV's fault. Other teams saw the issues with DZ and they backed off. Same thing with Dubinsky. Prucha. The Rangers traded them at their lowest values.

Hagelin should be used to get a big top 6 left wing or center. Go get you have to give. What is the value on Zuccarello? What can they get for him? People don't want to hear it. Is Hagelin a top 6 player? Is Zuccarello a top 6 player? He will paid like a top 6 player.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Nobody wants to trade anyone of value. Its always trade the player when the value is at its lowest. We can't trade Del Zotto because he is our only PMD. How did that work out? I know its AV's fault. Other teams saw the issues with DZ and they backed off. Same thing with Dubinsky. Prucha. The Rangers traded them at their lowest values.

Hagelin should be used to get a big top 6 left wing or center. Go get you have to give. What is the value on Zuccarello? What can they get for him? People don't want to hear it. Is Hagelin a top 6 player? Is Zuccarello a top 6 player? He will paid like a top 6 player.

I'd think about moving Hagelin if they feel Lindberg and Fast are close to, or NHL ready. I would not move MZA. The guy creates offense consistently.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
What is the value on Zuccarello? What can they get for him? People don't want to hear it. Is Hagelin a top 6 player? Is Zuccarello a top 6 player? He will paid like a top 6 player.

Why does the Rangers want to trade a 60+p 26yo "third line" winger ? What could we possibly stand to gain by doing that ?

You trade to improve your team, or your farm, not to gut your offense

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Zucc is 44th among forwards in scoring, so offensively he's a top line player.

If your argument is that he slides in behind Nash and MSL on the right side, that's solved by Nash shifting wings.

Richards won't be here next year. The "3rd" line of Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello will, in all likelihood, become the 2nd line. Nash-Stepan-MSL first line. Hagelin and Fast on the third.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Lol what the actual ****? They should pay him. He is their best forward right now. For someone who complains about size all the time, you want to trade away the one guy who plays bigger than he is.

On top of that you advocate turning a solid 3LW in to a better 1/2 LW or C equivalent...

Lulz, sounds likely.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
To trade ZUC is asinine now. The fact he is out top point producer right now and is a huge shining point in our game is grounds to keep him. Hen plays like a hero. Don't understand fascination with tradig guys who are playing well on our team.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Zucc is 44th among forwards in scoring, so offensively he's a top line player.

If your argument is that he slides in behind Nash and MSL on the right side, that's solved by Nash shifting wings.

Richards won't be here next year. The "3rd" line of Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello will, in all likelihood, become the 2nd line. Nash-Stepan-MSL first line. Hagelin and Fast on the third.

Kreider tho

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh dear this idea of #toffness has even reached Zucc. He's apparently not even a top 6 player. The only reason someone would question that is his height. The guy is one of our grittiest players. I sometimes hate this board.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hagelin should be used to get a big top 6 left wing or center.

Who are we targetting? What else are we giving up to get that player? When we get that player and that player reaches his peak (if he hasn't already started to slide down the other side of the mountain), will you then advocate that we trade him as well? Where does it end?

There are no perfect players. Not every player needs to be 6'2" and 210+ lbs. Hagelin and Zucc do their jobs and do them well. The time to trade them is if they end up commanding more money than they are worth, but that time isn't now, nor is it this summer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To trade ZUC is asinine now. The fact he is out top point producer right now and is a huge shining point in our game is grounds to keep him. Hen plays like a hero. Don't understand fascination with tradig guys who are playing well on our team.

Trade him for Stamkos (or a similar player) and I'll be fine with it. Otherwise, keep Zucc

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
There is no way you trade Zucc right now. He is the prime example of a player who gives 100% every night. He's always noticeable, feisty as ****, not afraid of anyone, and there's no reason he can't be a consistent 60 point player.

Hagelin, on the other hand, I would deal.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I see you're doubling down on your absurd "It was a mistake to qualify Zuccarello" position.

Neat.

Even before this season Zuccarello has been a strong player. Half a point per game and driving possession.

67 GP 11 G 23 A 34 Pts

lftH1FG.png

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
There is no way you trade Zucc right now. He is the prime example of a player who gives 100% every night. He's always noticeable, feisty as ****, not afraid of anyone, and there's no reason he can't be a consistent 60 point player.

Hagelin, on the other hand, I would deal.

Agreed. While a versatile player and tenacious forechecker, I think we've seen what we're going to get with him. He's going to want a bigger payday after his current contract and it can't hurt to see if we can get an upgrade on him. He hasn't been spectacular this season.

Also, I know it's farfetched, but do any of you guys think Weber could possibly be moved from Nashville?

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I agree with your thinking on Hags. Would move him for a big winger and especially a PMD.

Zucc is a top 6 forward, he is possibly our best forward right now. We can't move him.

People talk RW depth. Zucc has his best 10 years ahead of him. What is our RW depth after next season if we don't keep Zucc? Nash/Fast/Hrivik/Buchnevic?

Zucc is a must resign, it's harder to replace him than Marc Staal. Should be a no brainer.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Trading anyone is going to be difficult. What trade is out there that will involve Hagelin that'll bring back an upgrade at LW or C? Good luck trying to find that one.

Want to package along assets with him? My question to that is "What assets?" Theres very few left after Sather's rampage over the last 20 months.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

dont you know man? THAA FUTRTUUURRREEEE!!!!!!!!!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
As good as Zucc has been, keeping his line as the "third" line is ideal. They can feast on 2nd and 3rd defense pairings and lower lines.

Plus with the wah AV has been spreading playing time around the number of the line is irrelevant. They all play very similar minutes. It's basically having 1a 1b 1c.

I can see Brassard struggling when consistently going up against 1st and 2nd defense pairs and shutdown lines. He's looked lost without Zuke this year.

Keep that line our "secret" so Nash and MSL can take the tough assignments and possibly score, while Zucc can dominate the weaker opponents.

How about trading Hags and something for a solid 2 c? Not sure who would be available but

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Fast-2c-MSL
God line
4th line heroes.

Looks good. Or if MSL and Stepan and Nash have serious chemistry this playoffs then permanently switch Nash to LW. That is our top line.

That opens up what we can trade for. Then we can get a 2c RW (bring Cally back ? ;) )

Nash-Stepan-MSL
Kreider-2c/Richards-fast/trade/Cally
Gods
Heroes

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
What would Kreider and Miller fetch in a package for a center, possibly dealing Hagelin separately. Not sure these three homegrown players meet the criteria of being good enough for a SC winner... ;)

Hagelin (ev return) - K/m return - Nash
Fast - Stepan - MSL
God people
4th liners

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Zucc is a must resign, it's harder to replace him than Marc Staal. Should be a no brainer.

He will be resigned, and should... but Staal is much harder to replace... it would just be far worse to have to replace the first guy that this team got the best of since Kovalev... especially when everyone who comes here loses their offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad