Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Does anybody find it weird that none of Galchenyuk/Radulov/Markov have been signed/traded (rights for Radulov)? Should we truly expect something unexpected? An offer-sheet for another team's C?

I really hope all 3 stay with the team, but if MTL could get a Draisaitl, that would definitely be interesting. Either that, or he's trying to see how much he can sign scrubs like Hanzal, Bonino, Alzner, and other overrated pieces for.

What do you all think?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's repeated multiple times "expect the unexpected"

If that happens to be signing Bonino and Alzner, then I'll be pretty pissed.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Does anybody find it weird that none of Galchenyuk/Radulov/Markov have been signed/traded (rights for Radulov)? Should we truly expect something unexpected? An offer-sheet for another team's C?

I really hope all 3 stay with the team, but if MTL could get a Draisaitl, that would definitely be interesting. Either that, or he's trying to see how much he can sign scrubs like Hanzal, Bonino, Alzner, and other overrated pieces for.

What do you all think?

While I'm pretty sure the Oilers would match any offer on Draisaitl I still would like to see MB trying.
Won't happen though. Not his style.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
He's repeated multiple times "expect the unexpected"

If that happens to be signing Bonino and Alzner, then I'll be pretty pissed.

Alzner, Sharp, Hanzal.

"Alzner is a top 2 player for Washington Capital. Excellent player with great leadership, can protect puck from entering zone and help goalie. Sharp, excellent player, Stanley Cup winner. He know how to win and a perfect candidate for le Canadien to have. I'm excited to bring his leadership to the team. You know, Chicago Blackhawks. And Hanzal is the center we been looking for. You have to draft a top-center, but Hanzal is a top center who was centering top line for Arizona Coyotes. He brings size, grit, leadership. Going to be a great locker room guy. Very stable down the middle for the team. It isn't often you could have a top-2 defenseman and a top center and someone of the caliber of Sharp all in one off-season. Things are looking great for next season, I'm very excited for my acquisitions."

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Alzner, Sharp, Hanzal.

"Alzner is a top 2 player for Washington Capital. Excellent player with great leadership, can protect puck from entering zone and help goalie. Sharp, excellent player, Stanley Cup winner. He know how to win and a perfect candidate for le Canadien to have. I'm excited to bring his leadership to the team. You know, Chicago Blackhawks. And Hanzal is the center we been looking for. You have to draft a top-center, but Hanzal is a top center who was centering top line for Arizona Coyotes. He brings size, grit, leadership. Going to be a great locker room guy. Very stable down the middle for the team. It isn't often you could have a top-2 defenseman and a top center and someone of the caliber of Sharp all in one off-season. Things are looking great for next season, I'm very excited for my acquisitions."

I think you chose your pseudonym perfectly :)

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
If we were to extend Markov at 3.5m x 2 years (I read this somewhere) and Galchenyuk at 5.5m x 6 years (same contract as Drouin), and letting Radulov walk, here's what I'd propose:

1. Offer sheet Draisaitl. 11.5m x 8 years (since I presume if we offer any less, EDM will match, and MTL loses face over it). Lose 4 first round picks, but get your 1C finally!
2. Trade Plekanec for whatever he can get (let's say a 3rd in 2018 from CAR)
3. Sign Hanzal (UFA) for 4m x 5 years.

7986ce7b44d1ea46e080f38f51486985.png

Expect the unexpected.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If we were to extend Markov at 3.5m x 2 years (I read this somewhere) and Galchenyuk at 5.5m x 6 years (same contract as Drouin), and letting Radulov walk, here's what I'd propose:

1. Offer sheet Draisaitl. 11.5m x 8 years (since I presume if we offer any less, EDM will match, and MTL loses face over it). Lose 4 first round picks, but get your 1C finally!

Expect the unexpected.

Like Jonathan Drouin currently being the highest paid forward on the team? I like the acquisition and believe he'll do well in Montreal. But he has a greater history of behavioral issues than the guys who are constantly criticized for it, and Drouin has 29 career goals in the NHL.

Drouin's salary sets the bar even higher for guys like Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Radulov. That's okay with me, until Bergevin tries to low ball another player, like Galchenyuk. Besides being a 30 goal scorer in his 21-22 season, he holds the team record for overtime goals in a season, and is tied for that mark in the entire NHL with Toews and Stamkos.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like Jonathan Drouin currently being the highest paid forward on the team? I like the acquisition and believe he'll do well in Montreal. But he has a greater history of behavioral issues than the guys who are constantly criticized for it, and Drouin has 29 career goals in the NHL.

Drouin's salary sets the bar even higher for guys like Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Radulov. That's okay with me, until Bergevin tries to low ball another player, like Galchenyuk. Besides being a 30 goal scorer in his 21-22 season, he holds the team record for overtime goals in a season, and is tied for that mark in the entire NHL with Toews and Stamkos.

Drouin walked into a set of circumstances that make it unlikely for him to behave as he has in the past. He inherits a more player-friendly coach than MT, gets the contract he was after and will be given every opportunity to play a key role. If he still has gripes after all of that, then it's on him and it'll have to be dealt with. He doesn't have any further excuses. If only Galchenyuk could be placed in the same position. Could happen, but it may not be with the Habs, unfortunately.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised at all if we traded to get Yandle if we strike out in free agency.

Good puck moving D who can slot in with Weber or Petry easily.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
That Giroux rumor is tickling me, and how dont know what to think. Of course it would be for Galchenyuk

McKenzie did add however, that rumours linking Philadelphia Flyers centre Claude Giroux to the Canadiens are simply that, rumours.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

He makes 5.5 million he will instantly be our best forward he sets the bar low if anything.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That Giroux rumor is tickling me, and how dont know what to think. Of course it would be for Galchenyuk

McKenzie did add however, that rumours linking Philadelphia Flyers centre Claude Giroux to the Canadiens are simply that, rumours.

Didn't Mac say this morning that Bergevin hasn't called him about Giroux in years.

Besides, any human with eyes and a television will tell you Chucky for giroux is about as brain dead a trade that you can get. Can't see that happening at all. Literally one player on the upswing of his career and the others down hill slide. No chance this happens.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

Expect the unexpected.

I'm not sure there is a number that is possible to reasonably get Draisaitl. I think 11.5 is unfortunately way too much for us to be competitive beyond a year or two. Especially with an unpredictable cap. 11.5 and no first round picks for 4 years won't be a recipe for success. I would do something like 9 Million over 5 years. But Edmonton matches that, lives for the one year that they can't trade him (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and then trades him for better compensation next year when they need the cap space to sign McDavid.

The NHLPA should be pushing the NHL for more reasonable offer sheet compensation so that a team could give somebody 11.5 and not get destroyed by the draft pick loss. It's certainly in the players interests to receive offer sheets.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Didn't Mac say this morning that Bergevin hasn't called him about Giroux in years.

Besides, any human with eyes and a television will tell you Chucky for giroux is about as brain dead a trade that you can get. Can't see that happening at all. Literally one player on the upswing of his career and the others down hill slide. No chance this happens.

I definitely wouldn't do it straight up. But if MB could somehow swing one of Philly's young defenders to be included it would at least be interesting. Giroux solves an immediate need and we still have a hole on defense.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
But why does it make sense from a Flyers point of view? Galchenyuk probably gets $6m a year. Why would they trade a #1C and their captain for a winger to save around $2m a year?

After the draft, Philly now has a #2C on an ELC and young defenders on great contracts. They have about a 3 year window to make some noise, so it would make no sense to pass on that.

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Offer sheet Kuznetsov, please and thank you.

Mpntreal cannot offer sheet anyone because Bergevin traded his 2nd round pick to Tampa for Drouin if Sergachev plays over 40 games,you must have all your picks to make an offer sheet....the only way Montreal can offer sheet a player is if it is over 9,814,935 the compensation would be 4 first round picks which they have.:)

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Bergevin needs to make a trade that allows you to make a second and third trade,you do that by trading Pacioretty a good fit is San Jose a lot of Pacioretty's family lives out there they probably could sign him long term for Hertl and a 2018 1st rounder,then you trade that 1st rounder with someone like Shaw to go get a d-man.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Mpntreal cannot offer sheet anyone because Bergevin traded his 2nd round pick to Tampa for Drouin if Sergachev plays over 40 games,you must have all your picks to make an offer sheet....the only way Montreal can offer sheet a player is if it is over 9,814,935 the compensation would be 4 first round picks which they have.:)

The 2nd to Tampa is actually if Serge plays under 40 games, playoffs included. That being said, don't we have Washington's 2nd next year too? I guess we need our own pick?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The 2nd to Tampa is actually if Serge plays under 40 games, playoffs included. That being said, don't we have Washington's 2nd next year too? I guess we need our own pick?

Plus we have Chicago's too but has to be ours - I'm sure if we wanted to go that route you offer Stevie one of the other 2 with no conditions for the conditional 2nd

Gotta feeling that it's not something we need to worry about

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I definitely wouldn't do it straight up. But if MB could somehow swing one of Philly's young defenders to be included it would at least be interesting. Giroux solves an immediate need and we still have a hole on defense.

If they threw in Provorov and Giroux for Chucky, no salaries retained then I'd be open. Besides that, makes no sense at all on any level.

This looks like the fakest article I've ever seen. Those faces had to have been photo-shopped on those bodies or he and his wife have mellon sized noggins!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Well do it then. 9.9 per for Drai. Friggin A.

It's not like Edmonton doesnt have it coming to them after Vanek and Penner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad