Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I thought Bergevin did a good enough job on deadline day.

I like that he added size and toughness. It's been a long time coming, and now we have a fourth line with a nice mix of skill, grit and size. Those are the guys you need in those tight games, when you need to create room. Not a bunch of soft forwards that add little.

Our first line is terrific. One of the best lines in the NHL. I think we need to split that line though to create more offense. Keep Galchenyuk and Radulov together, and Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher for a nice mix between those two top lines. Not sure who you'd put with Galchenyuk and Radulov. Maybe reunite Paul Byron there.

Adding King to the lineup, gives you a third line with Cup experience, size and a terrific shutdown center. King/Shaw can insulate Plekanec. The added bonus is that you can probably get some decent offensive contributions too, hopefully Plekanec will wake up there. Losing Desharnais is addition by subtraction.

Benn has been a force on the blue line since coming over from Dallas. He's clearing the crease effectively, while also providing a good physical presence. Davidson adds depth in case of injuries.

Overall Bergevin did what he could, with what he had. He kept all of our higher draft picks, while shoring up the weaker areas like penalty killing, while addressing the fact that we needed size and toughness throughout the lineup.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sakic knew he didn't have to trade any of his main guys this year so he put the bar as high as he could and hoped a desperate GM would take the bait. I'm glad we didn't frankly, Chuck AND Sergachev would have been a ridiculous over-payment for what would have been a lateral move at best for us.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
I would litterally laugh my ass off at Sakic on the phone with him and never call him again until he comes to his senses, if he has any. He has shown to be an awful GM thus far.

These would be my Habs lines for next game..

Max Pacioretty - Phillip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Andrew Shaw - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Radulov
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Dwight King
Michael McCarron - Steve Ott - Artturi Lehkonen

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NOthing shocking about that ask from Joe Sakic...he's under no pressure to move Duchene, he's not a pending UFA, he didn't ask for a trade.

Why wouldn't he ask for Galchenyuk and Sergachev + a 1st?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Friedman said that Sakic stopped taking Bergevin's calls when the Habs GM told him that he would not trade Mikhail Sergachev in Colorado to acquire Duchene.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Friedman said that Sakic stopped taking Bergevin's calls when the Habs GM told him that he would not trade Mikhail Sergachev in Colorado to acquire Duchene.

Best of luck to Sakic then... he'll need it. He's done a worse job with that franchise than the majority of us here could have done.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Good luck with the rebuild Sakic. I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk alone for Duchene.

I'm with you there. Sakic can't possibly get more off-season than he could at the TD, where there's some desperation to motivate some GMs, IMO.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sakic will trade him for less at the draft, there was no pressure for him to do anything at the TDL, he just raised the price tag in hopes that some crazy GM would bite.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sakic knew he didn't have to trade any of his main guys this year so he put the bar as high as he could and hoped a desperate GM would take the bait.

Of course he could. Everyone can including MB. Hey guys Patch is available but we'll trade him for Domi+Chychrun+1st.

Every GM in this league know every players is available for the right overprice including Crosby. If Edmonton calls and offer McJesus+1st+Draisatl+Klefbom you can be sure pens GM will listen very closely. You don't have to call other people to tell them what they already know.

If Sakic really called other GMs and told them Duchene was available and this was his minimum asking price and he was not willing to negotiate he might lose some respect from other guys around the league. I loved Sakic as a player but as a GM i'm not impressed so far. From my point of view it was a stupid things to do (if he did it). There's a difference between trying to find a fish to improve your team and trying to find the 2nd coming of Rejean Houle. No GM in this league would trade AG+Sergachev+1st for Duchene not even the worst ones. I'm not even sure Houle would do that.

I'm sure he asked for Sergachev. I would not trade Duchene for anything less than Sergachev and even for Sergachev it would certainly not be 1 for 1. But firmly asking AG and a 1st over Sergachev is simply being stupid unless you are talking to Rejean Houle.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Of course he could. Everyone can including MB. Hey guys Patch is available but we'll trade him for Domi+Chychrun+1st.

Every GM in this league know every players is available for the right overprice including Crosby. If Edmonton calls and offer McJesus+1st+Draisatl+Klefbom you can be sure pens GM will listen very closely. You don't have to call other people to tell them what they already know.

If Sakic really called other GMs and told them Duchene was available and this was his minimum asking price and he was not willing to negotiate he might lose some respect from other guys around the league. I loved Sakic as a player but as a GM i'm not impressed so far. From my point of view it was a stupid things to do (if he did it). There's a difference between trying to find a fish to improve your team and trying to find the 2nd coming of Rejean Houle. No GM in this league would trade AG+Sergachev+1st for Duchene not even the worst ones. I'm not even sure Houle would do that.

I'm sure he asked for Sergachev. I would not trade Duchene for anything less than Sergachev and even for Sergachev it would certainly not be 1 for 1. But firmly asking AG and a 1st over Sergachev is simply being stupid unless you are talking to Rejean Houle.

Oh I completely agree, I'm just saying that's the mindset Sakic had going in. For what it's worth, I think it'll bite him in the ass big time and he'll end up making a worst trade value wise this summer than he would have now.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
NOthing shocking about that ask from Joe Sakic...he's under no pressure to move Duchene, he's not a pending UFA, he didn't ask for a trade.

Why wouldn't he ask for Galchenyuk and Sergachev + a 1st?

If Sakic is not really interested in moving Duchene, fine. But that does not appear to be the case, and if he does want to trade him, then that is a terrible ask.

It is one thing to set a higher price than what you might settle for in order to give you negotiating room, and it is also another if you pad that to try to take advantage of desperation. But if that was his asking price, which I find it hard to believe, then he loses credibility as someone to trade with.

I say I have doubts because that asking price is Duchene and Landeskog value, and if you are looking to deal you know you need to meet what the other team needs, and for the Habs that is ANOTHER top 6 center, not a replacement.

If other teams get in on the trade for Duchene then fine, but otherwise Duchene's value has gone down since any play-off bound trade partner would only be guaranteed of having him for 2 play-offs now, not 3

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'm with you there. Sakic can't possibly get more off-season than he could at the TD, where there's some desperation to motivate done GMs, IMO.
Friedman's 30 Thoughts disagrees. He says this offseason will clear up the market a bit considering the expansion draft and the uncertainty surrounding it all.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Friedman's 30 Thoughts disagrees. He says this offseason will clear up the market a bit considering the expansion draft and the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I think the impending expansion draft has a lot to due with the lack of trades league wide.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm with you there. Sakic can't possibly get more off-season than he could at the TD, where there's some desperation to motivate some GMs, IMO.

I think it's the opposite...he's more likely to get the big blockbuster he wants in the summer, at the draft.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Was it the offer ? Or the demand ? Pretty sure MB did not offer Sergachev, for sure, Galchy...maybe ???? But that would had been a lateral move at best down the road.

I don't see why MB would of offered Galchenyuk, that's a lateral move at best and as he said at the press conference, he's not interested in making lateral moves.

I'm sure he probably tried to sell Sakic on Beaulieu and Gallagher and Juulsen or McCarron.

And honestly, I completely understand why Sakic would of held out for Galchenyuk + Sergachev from Habs.

There isn't much more that's appealing and attainable in a trade if you're looking at the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad