Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
One encouraging note is that management sees Lekhonen as a key part to the team as he's basically our new 2nd line LW.

I missed last nights game because I played myself. But monday Lehkonen looked good. Getting good chances and they will start going in soon

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
A little OT, but to those comparing the current Habs to the Bruins cup win, it's not even close guys. The Bruins top 9 was Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Recchi, Peverley, Kelly and Ryder. They had so much depth that they had two 40-50 point players in Ryder and Peverley on their 3rd line. There is no comparison. The Bruins team was deep.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Probably the most encouraging thing about today is that Bergevin opened up that he's happy with Hudon's consistency in the last month. Hudon's success made Andrighetto expendable. He sees him as someone who can help in the NHL but he doesn't want to call him up just to call him up. He wants to call him up so he can play.

He also mentioned that he's never heard of a player fail because he stayed too long in the AHL, but there have been players fail because they were rushed up.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I like the King acquisition.

I don't really care about the Desharnais or Ott trades.

I don't really like the Andrighetto trade.

I was wishing for more excitement, but it's been the worst trade deadline ever around the NHL. The biggest trade was bought-out lazy Vanek for a 3rd, and the Filpulla trade. Yikes.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Except against teams that can skate... like the pens, jackets, rangers, leafs, capitals...

For those teams, that 4th line will be a treat to play against

You don't follow trends, you set them. The league is getting smaller and faster, so instead of following the trend, we bulked up and are gonna try to grind and smash our way to a cup. Just because you don't like the game plan doesn't make it wrong.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
My bad, I had the French definition (terrible) of mediocre in mind rather than the English one (average). I agree that you can have a small bottom six and have success (see NYR).

and I'm not bothered by the decision to bulk up the depth spots, my complaint is more about overall roster management...

Trading young players & picks at the deadline to add pieces that were easily/readily available for free or for a smaller price in the offseason makes no sense...

Adding & extending guys like Byron/Mitchell/Flynn/barberio, only to go in the polar opposite direction a few months later, also strikes me as highly dubious.

As per most of his tenure, it's not that MB makes "bad" trades or gets fleeced, it's that the sum of all his moves adds us to inconsistency and zero team identity.... there's no direction or plan in place, and if not for price/PK, his shortcomings & ineptness as a GM would have been long exposed

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
A little OT, but to those comparing the current Habs to the Bruins cup win, it's not even close guys. The Bruins top 9 was Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Recchi, Peverley, Kelly and Ryder. They had so much depth that they had two 40-50 point players in Ryder and Peverley on their 3rd line. There is no comparison. The Bruins team was deep.

Two legit top 6 C and yup, a very good top 9. That team could score, which some have overlooked. Maybe Danault and Plekanec will surprise us and break out and tear it up offensively from here on out. We can only hope against all logic at this point.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Disappointed that we didn't get offensive help ? Of course

Pissed at MB for it ? Nah, nobody of importance was traded today, the vultures were a bit too carnivorous for my taste.

... maybe Vanek for the price, but contrary to some rumors, I doubt MB even entertained the idea to bring him back.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You don't follow trends, you set them. The league is getting smaller and faster, so instead of following the trend, we bulked up and are gonna try to grind and smash our way to a cup. Just because you don't like the game plan doesn't make it wrong.

What makes it wrong is that there is no "plan"... or worse, the "plan" flips from moment to moment.

Or do you think adding Byron/Flynn/barberio/Mitchell/terry/lekhonen/nesterov/Redmond in the past few months was part of the "grind and smash" plan?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I like the King acquisition.

I don't really care about the Desharnais or Ott trades.

I don't really like the Andrighetto trade.

I was wishing for more excitement, but it's been the worst trade deadline ever around the NHL. The biggest trade was bought-out lazy Vanek for a 3rd, and the Filpulla trade. Yikes.

I like the Andrighetto trade... only because it leaves a spot open for Hudon that none of the guys traded for can bring... time to stop jerking around and to give him a real shot.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
and I'm not bothered by the decision to bulk up the depth spots, my complaint is more about overall roster management...

Trading young players & picks at the deadline to add pieces that were easily/readily available for free or for a smaller price in the offseason makes no sense...

Adding & extending guys like Byron/Mitchell/Flynn/barberio, only to go in the polar opposite direction a few months later, also strikes me as highly dubious.

As per most of his tenure, it's not that MB makes "bad" trades or gets fleeced, it's that the sum of all his moves adds us to inconsistency and zero team identity.... there's no direction or plan in place, and if not for price/PK, his shortcomings & ineptness as a GM would have been long exposed

I'm sorry....are you under the impression we just extended the bolded players a few months ago??

So teams across the league have failed because most deals resembled themselves today?

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
MB is relying on Gallagher going back to a 1st liner with these moves. King would be a nice add, but only after getting another top 6 player.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

I was thinking about this as well. There's a long history in the NHL of different builds of teams being successful. It wouldn't be the first or last time a big, heavy-hitting team shutdown a smaller team (or vice-versa). The Habs have MAJOR potential to play a pretty punishing game. Guys like King, Weber, Emelin, Shaw, Gallagher, Ott, Martinsen, Benn, Beaulieu, Radulov, McCarron, and Davidson could make a seven game series pretty miserable for a lot of players and goalies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I was thinking about this as well. There's a long history in the NHL of different builds of teams being successful. It wouldn't be the first or last time a big, heavy-hitting team shutdown a smaller team (or vice-versa). The Habs have MAJOR potential to play a pretty punishing game. Guys like King, Weber, Emelin, Shaw, Gallagher, Ott, Martinsen, Benn, Beaulieu, Radulov, McCarron, and Davidson could make a seven game series pretty miserable for a lot of players and goalies.

Except that regardless of style or aggressiveness every Cup-winning team in the post-lockout era has had elite playoff offenses. As in 3 goals on average, give or take. There are many ways to build elite playoff offenses, BUT YOU MUST HAVE ONE OR ELSE THE GOLF COURSE IS YOUR NEXT DESTINATION.

The Kings were NOT a bunch of plugs. They were deliberately built with Corsi and puck possession in mind and got over the humps of scoring ineptitude because of timely trade deadline acquisitions in Carter and Gaborik in their Cup-winning seasons.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm sorry....are you under the impression we just extended the bolded players a few months ago??

So teams across the league have failed because most deals resembled themselves today?

I don't care about what other teams did today. I care about what my team did to fill the holes that have existed for 5+ years.

Stop talking about other teams. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't do. Talk about what we did (or rather, didn't do). Talk about how this team is going to score 2-3 goals per game in the playoffs when only 4 forwards have scored any goals in a month.

As for your first comment, I don't even know where to begin. Re-signing those plugs was such a stupid move and was praised by all the Bergevin fanboys on this forum as a genius move. Those who said it was stupid because they were easily replaceable and not that good to begin with were laughed at. Now we replace them and it's seen as some super genius move by the same fanboys.

I look forward to the "OH YEAH BIG HIT BY KING :yo::yo::yo:" posts as we go on to lose a game 2-0.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

So miserable when they can't muster a goal. Won't be seven games.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Except that regardless of style or aggressiveness every Cup-winning team in the post-lockout era has had elite playoff offenses. As in 3 goals on average, give or take. There are many ways to build elite playoff offenses, BUT YOU MUST HAVE ONE OR ELSE THE GOLF COURSE IS YOUR NEXT DESTINATION.

The Kings were NOT a bunch of plugs. They were deliberately built with Corsi and puck possession in mind and got over the humps of scoring ineptitude because of timely trade deadline acquisitions in Carter and Gaborik in their Cup-winning seasons.

Well I guess it's time to make some history then? :sarcasm:

I like what Bergevin did this TD, but I don't think the team will win the cup. There's a hole at #2D and at top-6 centre. However, I really don't think we could have patched those holes this deadline or earlier this season. The way that I see it, the team is not a cup contender, but is trending upwards and could make some noise in the playoffs. Maybe we get lucky? That's what it will take.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
If you fail to look at what MB has accomplished considering the circumstances, your a fool and your frustration clouds your intelligence as a Habs fan. Habs got better as a team with the Moves MB has made. And this ain't no video game where you can press reset if you make mistakes. Duchene stayed a Avalanche because all 29 GM's in the league are not stupid!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait you're serious ? :help:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Disappointed that we didn't get offensive help ? Of course

Pissed at MB for it ? Nah, nobody of importance was traded today, the vultures were a bit too carnivorous for my taste.

... maybe Vanek for the price, but contrary to some rumors, I doubt MB even entertained the idea to bring him back.

These posts are something else. How many years do we let Bergy off the hook. FIVE YEARS! We needed a top 6 center in a bad way. You get those through the draft or free agency. This guy hired a coach that wanted to turn our franchise center into a winger.

Bergy has been re-arranging the deck chairs of the 3rd and 4th lines for 5 freaking years and there are people who STILL let him off the hook.

Did I expect anything to get done? No. But his entire tenure has been one giant fail. Lucky for him he has Price.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
To summarize: We got a face puncher, a punching bag, a big ass plumber and the son of ZZ-Top.

Marc Bergevin, I hope you #PackYour**** this summer and we can execute a well coordinated upper house cleanup. :laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MB beefed up the Habs for when they play the Sens at least. I was really tired of the Sens always bullying and having their way with the little Habs the past few seasons.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
What if Price gets hurt? You evaluate based on who can get hurt? All teams have this concern and the strength of the team should be TEAM DEFENSE. This is what MB has addressed and he did a pretty darn good job at it IMO.

A name change doesn't change your posting style and disgusting defence of this useless throwaway dumpster fire GM. I can't believe I am on here and the usual suspects are parading around saying we did good because no one made as many trades as we did. We go out of our way to clear cap space to pick up 13th forwards and 7th dmen. :handclap:
Guess we have a super duper stellar GM with more foresight than everyone else. Let me know when Molson sells the team, might even start to watch more than one out of 3 games again. Its on MOLSON not MB at this point. I hope we are out in the first round so a 6th summer won't pass with us being told getting UFAs is hard...and the playstation comments...good grief you do know he was ridiculed because we HAVE SEEN lots of good players traded, just not us, at least not smart moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad