Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
NJD's maybe trading former #1 OV Taylor Hall(LW) whose scheduled to become a UFA at the end of this season. He is exactly the type of player that would help the Habs win their next Stanley Cup Championship, possibly a few more SCC's, he could be available at the trade deadline this season. Habs are a team with the assets necessary to land Hall in a Habs jersey, of course he wouldn't retain his current jersey #9 in Montreal which is owned forever by Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. Hall plays every shift like it's his last, definitely should be a Hab with his speed, playmaking, physicality etc. he will look great in the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge jersey's home and away IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Already a veteran he still hasn't played an NHL playoff game, possibly he could play his first playoff game for Montreal this season on their way to their 25th SCC.:arr::arr::arr: Please Mr.Bergevin & Mr.Molson make this happen if the NJD's can't sign him.:clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: blarneylad

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
NJD's maybe trading former #1 OV Taylor Hall(LW) whose scheduled to become a UFA at the end of this season. He is exactly the type of player that would help the Habs win their next Stanley Cup Championship, possibly a few more SCC's, he could be available at the trade deadline this season. Habs are a team with the assets necessary to land Hall in a Habs jersey, of course he wouldn't retain his current jersey #9 in Montreal which is owned forever by Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. Hall plays every shift like it's his last, definitely should be a Hab with his speed, playmaking, physicality etc. he will look great in the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge jersey's home and away IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Already a veteran he still hasn't played an NHL playoff game, possibly he could play his first playoff game for Montreal this season on their way to their 25th SCC.:arr::arr::arr: Please Mr.Bergevin & Mr.Molson make this happen if the NJD's can't sign him.:clap::clap::clap:
Bergevin is a moron ...he should have been going for it when Price was the MVP and when he acquired Weber....to late now he wasted to many years.....Hall would make Montreal better but would not make them the favorites they still have holes......and would cost them...Primeau,Poehling,a young d-man and a 1st at least.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Bergevin is a moron ...he should have been going for it when Price was the MVP and when he acquired Weber....to late now he wasted to many years.....Hall would make Montreal better but would not make them the favorites they still have holes......and would cost them...Primeau,Poehling,a young d-man and a 1st at least.
Going for it!!!.....how you acquire players when you have nothing to give??

I like their chances now......now they have assets to give all while keeping young players on the roster....no way they were doing this or able to 4yrs ago

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick for Ghost is too much. Ghostisbehere is like Reilly but produces a bit more. He had one very good season but is terrible defensively. Best to wait and let them get humbled in their attempts to move him. I would offer Reilly and Ylonen at most. I'm not trading Lehkonen or any draft pick for a guy like Ghostisbehere. How many teams are looking for a LD? Not many which is why he has not been moved as well as Leddy. But as time moves forward their value drops cause they are liabilities on D!

As far as I'm concerned, Lehkonen is very close to being worth Ghost. Edge to Ghost for sure but the gap is not huge. Keep Lehkonen, the kid does a lot for us and it's not about points.

Remember those who wanted to trade Drouin for Ghost in the summer? :facepalm:

That is not too much.

Lehkonen is a 4th liner, Ylonen is a B-grade prospect and a 2nd is a big unknown.

Reactions: habsfan891

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Going for it!!!.....how you acquire players when you have nothing to give??

I like their chances now......now they have assets to give all while keeping young players on the roster....no way they were doing this or able to 4yrs ago
That is fake news of course they could have went for it and gone after veteran players like ROR when he was with Colorado we know he was available because he was traded that summer to Buffalo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That is fake news of course they could have went for it and gone after veteran players like ROR when he was with Colorado we know he was available because he was traded that summer to Buffalo.
Could we have matched??

-Zadarov.....a 1st round 6’6 offensive D
-An early second round pick that we didn’t have
-a former first round pick......
-JT Compher

and who says Sakic would love the package we are offering if we match

#Habs GM Marc Bergevin tried to trade for Ryan O'Reilly two years ago

confirmed by Julien Brisebois

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
That is not too much.

Lehkonen is a 4th liner, Ylonen is a B-grade prospect and a 2nd is a big unknown.

Lehkonen is a top-9 forward. Saying he's not even a 3rd line player make it seems like you just don't like him or you are angry he isn't having the greatest start this year. I would even accept bottom-6, but in no way is he only a 4th liner.

Gostisbhere isn't a top-2 D at all. I love him, but he's not good at defending. You don't want him to play 20+ TOI against our opponents best lines. If he was already on the team, fine, I could live with that, but I wouldn't create hole and give good assets to have the luxury to read everyone's anger after 20 games and his 50th mistake in the D-zone.

Like I said, I love him and if the price was right and didn't create a hole, I would be happy to have him and play him on the 3rd pairing and running our PP. We're playing with 4 lines, and the team is doing well that way. If we trade Lehkonen, who will play there? Weal? And after our 1st injury, it's now Hudon or Belzile? That's pretty weak IMO. And during that time, we would have to bench Kulak and Reilly, and we have Olofsson and Leskinen who could probably play on the 3rd pairing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That is not too much.

Lehkonen is more than just some 4th liner. Ylonen is a very good trending Grade B prospect and an arguement can be made he is a fringe Grade A.

The 2nd is a big unknown but it's off the table with me. I'm done with trading 1st and 2nd's for short term gains. We did that in the 08-15 draft years and look what we got today.

The biggest difference between what I think to others who want Ghost bad is I am considering he might turn into another Barrie. If these types are not producing offense, they are useless in their own end. I'm interested in Ghost but no way I'm paying that price. I would do Tatar for Ghost and a 2nd though but then I turned the table on them where we get the future ;) and they likely say no. That would be fine... good luck with finding a home for Ghost who is trending downward.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont believe hes intending to be rude to you hes just saying that not every piece the habs have is valuable which in all fairness most of your propsals seem to imply at least thats how i took it.

What does Lehkonen, 2nd, and Ylonen have anything to do with overrating prospects? I have Ylonen as a very good trending grade B prospect and possibly a fringe grade A. Am I overrating him?

Maybe you don't understand that I think some are overrating Ghost's trade value and I don't want to give up that much? Ever think of it that way? I know your smart enough to understand that!

You are approaching the line where you fail to talk about the actual conversation and you are focusing on some cherry picked past with no examples. What is your disagreement with what I said towards this actual conversation? You have the right to value Ghost high but I have the right to not value him that high. Don't you understand that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steeler23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lehkonen is a top-9 forward. Saying he's not even a 3rd line player make it seems like you just don't like him or you are angry he isn't having the greatest start this year. I would even accept bottom-6, but in no way is he only a 4th liner.

Gostisbhere isn't a top-2 D at all. I love him, but he's not good at defending. You don't want him to play 20+ TOI against our opponents best lines. If he was already on the team, fine, I could live with that, but I wouldn't create hole and give good assets to have the luxury to read everyone's anger after 20 games and his 50th mistake in the D-zone.

Like I said, I love him and if the price was right and didn't create a hole, I would be happy to have him and play him on the 3rd pairing and running our PP. We're playing with 4 lines, and the team is doing well that way. If we trade Lehkonen, who will play there? Weal? And after our 1st injury, it's now Hudon or Belzile? That's pretty weak IMO. And during that time, we would have to bench Kulak and Reilly, and we have Olofsson and Leskinen who could probably play on the 3rd pairing.

Calling Lehkonen just a 4th liner is disingenuous. There is a reason why the Flyers would consider him the "proven NHL quality" in their targeted package for Ghost. People don't understand it's not just about points.

Reactions: Steeler23

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Just a minor deal here
Austin Wong from wing for Charlie Lindgren, Arvid Henrikson and Joni Ikonen

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Just a minor deal here
Austin Wong from wing for Charlie Lindgren, Arvid Henrikson and Joni Ikonen

..... What?

First off, he's a Jets prospect, so I'm going to guess you meant Winnipeg and not wing. Second, Wong has no NHL future and doesn't fill a need even if he did. 7th round out of the AJHL is not exactly promising. Third, why would MTL move three players with higher upside for one with no upside?

Lindgren and Ikonen don't appear to be amounting to much, but there's still a chance they could be NHL players.

What's the point of this trade? It's MTL giving up prospects for nothing.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I'd do Mete and Byron for Ghostbear in a heartbeat.
I would not .. I do think he would bring more offense but the defensive side of Mete is really under-evaluated on this board. Overall including salary cap changes I do not think we would win that trade and with Romanov coming next year we might be getting a more reliable player the Ghost. Just my 2 cents... If we where to go for a long shot (which would be expensive). You go for Bowen Byram in Colorado. He would be a very nice complement to have to our left side ...

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
What does Lehkonen, 2nd, and Ylonen have anything to do with overrating prospects? I have Ylonen as a very good trending grade B prospect and possibly a fringe grade A. Am I overrating him?

Maybe you don't understand that I think some are overrating Ghost's trade value and I don't want to give up that much? Ever think of it that way? I know your smart enough to understand that!

You are approaching the line where you fail to talk about the actual conversation and you are focusing on some cherry picked past with no examples. What is your disagreement with what I said towards this actual conversation? You have the right to value Ghost high but I have the right to not value him that high. Don't you understand that?
Your right we are allowed to have our own opinions ive already explained mine on that particular offer a couple of times earlier in this thread I was simply thinking your undervauling Ghosts ability to help this team and getting too hung up on his below average defense

Reactions: Runner77

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i really don't get the love for Ghost ...I wouldn't trade Ylönen alone for him because we have Brook, Romanov, Norlander, ect, in the system . Why give a good role player, a draft selection and Ylönen for a declining small only offensive dman ?

Ylönen isn't well know because he's playing in Europe, but he's a fast and great skater with a lot of potential . No thanks, i prefer to wait one season and see what the Suzuki, Caufield, Brook, Romanov will do

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I would not .. I do think he would bring more offense but the defensive side of Mete is really under-evaluated on this board. Overall including salary cap changes I do not think we would win that trade and with Romanov coming next year we might be getting a more reliable player the Ghost. Just my 2 cents... If we where to go for a long shot (which would be expensive). You go for Bowen Byram in Colorado. He would be a very nice complement to have to our left side ...

Mete has no offence and never has. Romanov has no offence and isn’t expected to be an offensive D. Outside of Weber and Petry our D has no offence and desperately needs it due to the lack of elite forwards. Whenever we have success up front it’s due to the D jumping up into the play and creating odd man situations. That and the PP are Ghostbear’s strongest points.

I’ll take a Ghost Weber pairing over Mete Weber everyday of the week and especially on the PP.

As for Mete’s defence, he’s not much better than Ghost is. He’s weak on the puck and has a hell of a time clearing the zone when under pressure. Look at how many times he gives up the puck in the D zone when he has guys on him. It’s not good.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No, Mete is way better, Ghost is a mess

Do you think Mete will ever score 40-65 pts a year? I don’t think so.
We already have D who can’t generate offence. We need ones that do. It’s not even about who’s better or worse, it’s about addressing a need we have.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
i really don't get the love for Ghost ...I wouldn't trade Ylönen alone for him because we have Brook, Romanov, Norlander, ect, in the system . Why give a good role player, a draft selection and Ylönen for a declining small only offensive dman ?

Ylönen isn't well know because he's playing in Europe, but he's a fast and great skater with a lot of potential . No thanks, i prefer to wait one season and see what the Suzuki, Caufield, Brook, Romanov will do

A good role player = Lehkonen
We could also say that he's small defensive forward that can't shoot on the net.
Just like we could call Gost also a good role player too. (Cause that's what he is)

What if Brook and Romanov don't have it?
Or one of them got a bad luck like Bozon?
Then what?

We say: "Oh well, let's wait for the other round of prospects coming?''

Especially on defense, IF Brook and Romanov step into the league, it will take another 2 to 3 years minimum for them to actually have a chance to become a good top 4 D. Even guys 10 times better than those two like Dahlin wasn't top notch in his first year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ghost can be an upgrade for our PP or he can disappoint like Barrie. Then you have a struggling offensive D man who is a liability in your own end. I see both sides to this equation.

Your overrating of prospect narrative is false. Stop the insults now. I was the one who stood up against a lot of people saying our prospect pool was going to turn around in 2017. I've done my homework and it's not just some wild shot in the dark like you think it is.

For the record, focusing on a poster is against the rules. Is this all you have with the Ghost debate? I'll take that as you have little value to engage in the debate and your frustration within the debate resorts into insults. Just stop. It's ok to not agree.

I never insulted you

Lehkonen is more than just some 4th liner. Ylonen is a very good trending Grade B prospect and an arguement can be made he is a fringe Grade A.

The 2nd is a big unknown but it's off the table with me. I'm done with trading 1st and 2nd's for short term gains. We did that in the 08-15 draft years and look what we got today.

The biggest difference between what I think to others who want Ghost bad is I am considering he might turn into another Barrie. If these types are not producing offense, they are useless in their own end. I'm interested in Ghost but no way I'm paying that price. I would do Tatar for Ghost and a 2nd though but then I turned the table on them where we get the future ;) and they likely say no. That would be fine... good luck with finding a home for Ghost who is trending downward.

The last time the habs traded away a 1st round pick (the pick itself) was 2008, 11 years ago.

Montreal has traded 4 2nd round picks and they've acquired 12

Of those 2nd round picks Montreal has drafted.

Dalton Thrower -
Sebastian Collberg - traded for Vanek, nothing.
Zach Fucale - nothing
Jacob De La Rose - 4th liner/lost on waivers.
Arturri Lehkonen - looked promising now seems to be trending downwards.
Josh Brook - promising, very slight concern
Joni Ikonen - injury prone and very concerning
Jesse Ylonen - slightly concerning
Jacob Olofsson - concerning
Alex Romanov - very promising
Traded a 2nd away for more picks
Jayden Struble - personally not a fan, but too early to tell.
Other 2nd traded back to get more picks.

An extra acquired 2nd was dealt for Shaw.

Where, oh where do you see this list screaming don't trade 2nds ?

Let's say Ghost l who struggles defensively loses his offensive game ? Yeah, we're stuck. What if he doesn't? Our prospects are more likely to bust, as they usually do more than they succeed, let's be real. We should all he use to our promising prospects busting.

Montreal needs to take a chance in trade. We develop poorly,

Look at where this team has had the most success; hockey trades. This team needs to do quantity for quality trade.

Now let's look at Ghost. He's on pace for 29 points in the season. Not very good, but good enough for 3rd on our d core.

Now, think about a puck moving dman. I'm sure you agree we could use one on the left side. The habs offense, both last year and this year has been surprisingly good, so there's a good chance they could be a little bit better if they had more d who could move the puck.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
A good role player = Lehkonen
We could also say that he's small defensive forward that can't shoot on the net.
Just like we could call Gost also a good role player too. (Cause that's what he is)

What if Brook and Romanov don't have it?
Or one of them got a bad luck like Bozon?
Then what?

We say: "Oh well, let's wait for the other round of prospects coming?''

Especially on defense, IF Brook and Romanov step into the league, it will take another 2 to 3 years minimum for them to actually have a chance to become a good top 4 D. Even guys 10 times better than those two like Dahlin wasn't top notch in his first year.
what if ...what if ....
what if Ghost gets a car accident ? a bad cold ?
How much time the Habs play PP per game ? this is where Ghost is good because he's bad at the defence . Lehkonen won't put a lot of goals but he won't cost you opposite teams goals either .He's good to play PK, and is working well around the boards .

I prefer to slowly give PP time to KK, Suzuki,Fleury and next year we'll see what Brook and Romanov can do . Right now, the Habs are 5th in the NHL for the goals for. Why give 3 assets for a player that will give you 15 more PP goals but that also will cost you 25 ES goals ?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Montreal has traded 4 2nd round picks and they've acquired 12

Of those 2nd round picks Montreal has drafted.

Dalton Thrower -
Sebastian Collberg - traded for Vanek, nothing.
Zach Fucale - nothing
Jacob De La Rose - 4th liner/lost on waivers.
Arturri Lehkonen - looked promising now seems to be trending downwards.
Josh Brook - promising, very slight concern
Joni Ikonen - injury prone and very concerning
Jesse Ylonen - slightly concerning
Jacob Olofsson - concerning
Alex Romanov - very promising
Traded a 2nd away for more picks
Jayden Struble - personally not a fan, but too early to tell.
Other 2nd traded back to get more picks.

Thrower, Colberg, Fucale, De La Rose once drafted have never dominated their pairs as much as Brook, Ylönen, Romanov, Norlander and it's to soon to talk about Struble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad