Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Stewart is a slightly more talented version of Bourque. He would fit well on our team ? For how long ?!

It's a pretty big exaggeration to compare Bourque and Stewart. Yes, they may have similar streakiness and size but, in terms of production, they aren't even close. Stewart has more than twice the amount of points Bourque has and brings a similar amount of toughness, physicality, and "two-way ability". Stewart is a role player, Bourque is a buy-out option at 3.3mil.

A different system and coach could really do an offensive player like him some good. Look at how well David Perron has done since leaving STL. I can see him being our Erik Cole replacement on the Pac/DD line.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Stewart
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Briere-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Weise
(White, Parros, Bournival)

Looks good to me.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
You expect us not to give any "assets" for a player like Moulson because he is UFA but we expect to get a first pick and a decent prospect for Markov ? :shakehead

I mean wait this summer and keep our 1st pick.

Markov is worth 1st+bluechip unsigned as he's by far the best D that could be traded. He's also worth more unsigned as contending teams wont be able to give him 6M+ with all the talent they already have. Proof ? Kaberle trade 2 years ago.

Not sure why you quote "assets"?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It's a pretty big exaggeration to compare Bourque and Stewart. Yes, they may have similar streakiness and size but, in terms of production, they aren't even close. Stewart has more than twice the amount of points Bourque has and brings a similar amount of toughness, physicality, and "two-way ability". Stewart is a role player, Bourque is a buy-out option at 3.3mil.

A different system and coach could really do an offensive player like him some good. Look at how well David Perron has done since leaving STL. I can see him being our Erik Cole replacement on the Pac/DD line.

Briere-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Weise

Looks good to me.

I'd play Stewart with Plek as he is pretty bad defensively.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

Briere-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Weise

Looks good to me.

Or look at JVR as an example. The system in Philly just didnt work for him, he arrives in Toronto and becomes a great 1rst line winger. Still can't believe how he turned out.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

Markov is worth 1st+bluechip unsigned as he's by far the best D that could be traded. He's also worth more unsigned as contending teams wont be able to give him 6M+ with all the talent they already have. Proof ? Kaberle trade 2 years ago.

Thing is though, if you trade him you get back a first in a weak draft and a prospect. His experience can be valuable to train guys like Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Also, if you trade him now it is tough to explain to fans while you sit in a playoff position.

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver

I didn't mean to put you on the spot, I used your quote because it was there. It was mostly directed at the people on here who thinks we will get so much in return for Markov but wouldn't have to pay too much for guys like Vanek and Moulson. But eh..! If we can get a Mid 1st round pick and a prospect à la De La Rose, I'm in!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd play Stewart with Plek as he is pretty bad defensively.

No worse than Gallagher :dunno: I think Stewart would benefit greatly from an offensive centre like DD, he hasn't seen one since Colorado.

Or look at JVR as an example. The system in Philly just didnt work for him, he arrives in Toronto and becomes a great 1rst line winger. Still can't believe how he turned out.

Slightly different age at the time of the change though. The only worry would be Stewart's ability to push the reset button on some of his habits. Worth noting though.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

And before Bourque came to MTL he was putting up pretty similar #s too Stewart.

I'd like Stewart, but I'd certainly not pay a premium to get him.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I wonder if Kessler would be a good fit in Montreal.... Also if Oilers retained salary on Hemmer and pretty much gave him to the habs for a small return I think he would be very useful. He's not putting up points but he's also not the soft player most people think he is. He consistently drives the net and competes, I really think even though he wouldn't be a key piece, he would add too the Habs. Honestly I really feel being on such a lackluster team devoid of any real competition has sucked Hemsky of a lot of motivation. Montreal could be the team to ignite him. He still has the hands and wheels.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I know the Jets have been looking for a top 4 LH D for a while, any chance they bite on Eller + Markov and a mid range pick or Leblanc for Kane?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
There's some rumour about the kings having a lot of interest about Markov + Moen.

We could have a hell of a return. And not setting us back.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Personally I think Eller is better than hes playing and blame MTs handling of him for the most part. He is also our only non twinkie center on the top 3 lines. I like him and think we will miss him. But I guess if Edlers awful season is because of Torts and MB thinks Edler is still a top 2, then Gorges and Eller for Edler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad