Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I wouldn't want to acquire Kesler and play him on the wing because he has to play behind DD and Plekanec.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It puts more pressure on Chucky to create offense as he becomes the target for defenses

He's already on the Plekanec line.. I don't see how he will face any different match ups than he is now and he is buffeted by Briere who is better at puck control than Gionta.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Gionta aside.. I'm curious to see how people would respond to a line-up like this for our top-9

Patches-DD-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Briere
Bourque-Eller-Gionta

Puts Plekanec back in a more offensive role while solidifying Ellers line more as the shut down line.

Replace Bourque by Prust and that would be much better than sticking Gionta with poor Plekanec as you wrote... it's good, but we desparately need more scoring.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Gionta aside.. I'm curious to see how people would respond to a line-up like this for our top-9

Patches-DD-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Briere
Bourque-Eller-Gionta

Puts Plekanec back in a more offensive role while solidifying Ellers line more as the shut down line.

The way Bourque has been playing, he's a major liability. The puck dies on his stick. He concedes possession on every single one of dump ins, is always second on the puck on the chase, never makes a pass when streaking down the left wing boards and loses sight of the puck when he wins a puck battle on the wall. It's almost like playing a man down in the offensive zone when he's on the ice.

Halifaxhab*

He's already on the Plekanec line.. I don't see how he will face any different match ups than he is now and he is buffeted by Briere who is better at puck control than Gionta.

He'd be the key to the line moreso because briere would actually use him instead of the plek-gio bromance.

And I want chucky to get harder minutes. He needs them.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Another dominant night for Markov, can't believe the number of clueless fans who wants to trade him. Anyway, it won't happen playoffs equals money, so they won't risk it...

Because his good play is irrelevant considering we won't win the cup this year and he's 35. By the time we actually challenge he'll be too old. We might as well trade him to support that future than keep him when we're not challenging. Regular season is a different game to the playoffs regardless of our performance the last 10 games.

Analyzer*

I wouldn't want to acquire Kesler and play him on the wing because he has to play behind DD and Plekanec.

If we acquired Kesler and he played behind DD and Plekanec Therrien should be fired and never allowed near hockey again.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
If we would get Kesler you can be sure that either DD or Pleks would be shipped out just as quickly.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Markov has a NTC though, he won't go there

He might if Edmonton offers him the term and money he's asking for. They said Edmonton is willing to give him 3 years.

Guys I see Bergevin maybe acquiring:

Brad Boyes
Mark Stuart

That is all. If he even does make trades.

Boyes kind of like a Ryder type players just not as offensive anymore.

Boyes already signed an extension and is off the market but he's someone I would have liked on the Habs. Not as much as Kopecky but he'd bring more than Bourque and add some timely goals that we're sorely missing.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
What would you give for Kesler? Eller, Beaulieu and a 2nd?

I would do it, thing is we would need to trade pleks or DD for a similar return of picks and prospects to make it worthwhile.

I could see Beaulieu coming back to slap us in the face if we trade him though. He is going to be really good. Eller once he gains consistency and confidence could become a number 2 center. I mean look at his play last night, he has the tools, question is can he put them all together to be successful.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I would do it, thing is we would need to trade pleks or DD for a similar return of picks and prospects to make it worthwhile.

I could see Beaulieu coming back to slap us in the face if we trade him though. He is going to be really good. Eller once he gains consistency and confidence could become a number 2 center. I mean look at his play last night, he has the tools, question is can he put them all together to be successful.

Oh I wouldn't do it, I'm just saying what would it take realistically to get Kesler anyway.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Oh I wouldn't do it, I'm just saying what would it take realistically to get Kesler anyway.

Yea it is probably what it would cost. If it would be for a bonafide 70 point winger I would do it. See Bobby Ryan, but for a guy like Kesler that is pretty much a higher grade Pleks... forget it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yea it is probably what it would cost. If it would be for a bonafide 70 point winger I would do it. See Bobby Ryan, but for a guy like Kesler that is pretty much a higher grade Pleks... forget it.

Well with Kesler and Plekanec down the middle we'd have similar depth to the one in Boston (Krejci/Bergeron) although Boston's is still better by a slight notch.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd just like to see Briere/Plekanec try to take a more prominent offensive role.. and have Galchenyuk feature there.

As far as the trade deadline goes:
Thomas Vanek: I want this guy in a Habs jersey, but we can't pony up for a rental and know that we likely won't be able to retain his services. No trade proposal.

Matt Moulson: Another guy that would look good in a Habs jersey. Not ponying up for the rental unless we were allowed to speak to his agent prior to trade completion. No trade proposal. See if we can get him out of the UFA pool.

Ryan Kesler: I'd be tempted to make an offer.. Eller + Tinordi + 1st. Kesler is a strong two way player and would immediately make our team more stingy to play against and we'd find more offense from him over Eller. If we were trade talking with Vancouver, I'd be asking about Chris Higgins (a deal around a mid range pick and Louis Leblanc) and seeing about a potential swap for David Booth and Rene Bourque.

Ryan Callahan: This guy is delusional with his contract demands. His body will break down. He's not as offensive as he is advertised. No offer. No pursuit.

Ales Hemsky: Some rumors about us circling around Hemsky. I wouldn't do it unless we're liquidating Briere or Gionta for the same value that we are trading to acquire Hemsky.

Brad Boyes: See Hemsky.

Alex Edler & Christian Ehrhoff: I'd kick tires about both of these players. If we get a strong offer for Markov and are able to bring one of these guys back in, it'd might be a way to bring a younger defenseman back into the fold.

Drew Stafford: I'd kick tires on Stafford as well. Another guy who has a big body and has scored some in the past just never lived up to potential. A smart gamble.

Paul Stastny: Chemistry in the Olympics and World Championships with Max Pacioretty. I'd be willing to package Eller with young prospects or picks to bring Stastny over if there is a strong indication that he will re-sign with the Habs.

Chris Stewart: I'd look at moving a 1st and a Leblanc/Pateryn type prospect to Buffalo for Stewart. Inconsistent, yes, but he can score and he is big. Looking to upgrade the beef on the wings, here's our chance.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Humm, he is in the Top 10 in scoring among defencemen, that's what I wrote, never said he was in the Top 10 best defencemen.

As for Top defencemen, I see First pairing defencemen, which counts for 60 defencemen... name me 60 defencemen that are better than Markov and therefor play more than him.

You have absolutely no idea how good Markov is... he's no Weber, but he's a Top defenceman in this league, no argument there.

Trading an UFA is NOT a bold move. Markov has great value, but still not great enough to get what we are missing which are star forwards.

The few holes you are talking might be a couple of bruisers for the bottom 6 and maybe a good prospect with decent size who could become a top 6 forward. That's not enough for the huge black hole created by trading a 25TOI Top 10 d-man scorer in the league.

6mil a year is a bargain for Markov... but for 3 or 4 years, the cap hit should be lower... 3x5,75 is perfect, but I'm fine with 20mil over 4 years for Markov. Markov is 10x the player Gorges is, if you're scared of the cap situation, trade Gorges.

Anyways, the hockey people know you don't trade a player like Markov, espacially that there's no indication that he won't re-sign... and I'm ****ing happy about it.

Now let's focus on ways to actually IMPROVE the team instead of crippling it by trading a top defenceman in this league... :shakehead

I bolded it for you...

Nowhere did I say he wasn't a good number 2 Dman but he isn't a #1 and won't be a key factor to any cup run of this team. So get rid of him while he still has value and doesn't walk away and build towards a future where we can take runs at the cup

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I bolded it for you...

Nowhere did I say he wasn't a good number 2 Dman but he isn't a #1 and won't be a key factor to any cup run of this team. So get rid of him while he still has value and doesn't walk away and build towards a future where we can take runs at the cup

You really need to read more carefully... really.

As for the future cup run... we didn't really have any in the last 20 years (except maybe the fluke on 2010), so trading a top defenceman for future assets that may or may not help this team for a cup run that may never happen is not very wise...

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As long as Bergevin does'nt trade Price, Subban or Galchenyuk I think they can recover or improve no matter what. Just those players are the franchise and will be the reason if this club wins a cup within the next 10 years.

Losing other players could sting, but they aren't the franchise players; these three are in my eyes anyway.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'd just like to see Briere/Plekanec try to take a more prominent offensive role.. and have Galchenyuk feature there.

As far as the trade deadline goes:
Thomas Vanek: I want this guy in a Habs jersey, but we can't pony up for a rental and know that we likely won't be able to retain his services. No trade proposal.

Matt Moulson: Another guy that would look good in a Habs jersey. Not ponying up for the rental unless we were allowed to speak to his agent prior to trade completion. No trade proposal. See if we can get him out of the UFA pool.

Ryan Kesler: I'd be tempted to make an offer.. Eller + Tinordi + 1st. Kesler is a strong two way player and would immediately make our team more stingy to play against and we'd find more offense from him over Eller. If we were trade talking with Vancouver, I'd be asking about Chris Higgins (a deal around a mid range pick and Louis Leblanc) and seeing about a potential swap for David Booth and Rene Bourque.

Ryan Callahan: This guy is delusional with his contract demands. His body will break down. He's not as offensive as he is advertised. No offer. No pursuit.

Ales Hemsky: Some rumors about us circling around Hemsky. I wouldn't do it unless we're liquidating Briere or Gionta for the same value that we are trading to acquire Hemsky.

Brad Boyes: See Hemsky.

Alex Edler & Christian Ehrhoff: I'd kick tires about both of these players. If we get a strong offer for Markov and are able to bring one of these guys back in, it'd might be a way to bring a younger defenseman back into the fold.

Drew Stafford: I'd kick tires on Stafford as well. Another guy who has a big body and has scored some in the past just never lived up to potential. A smart gamble.

Paul Stastny: Chemistry in the Olympics and World Championships with Max Pacioretty. I'd be willing to package Eller with young prospects or picks to bring Stastny over if there is a strong indication that he will re-sign with the Habs.

Chris Stewart: I'd look at moving a 1st and a Leblanc/Pateryn type prospect to Buffalo for Stewart. Inconsistent, yes, but he can score and he is big. Looking to upgrade the beef on the wings, here's our chance.

Don't want Vanek, do want Moulson if we can expand him before hand, Kesler is breaking down, Callahan's contract demands are ridiculous, Edler & Ehroff.... one of them sure, don't want Hemsky nor Boyes, not really too high on Stafford, sounds like Bourque to me, Statsny might be interesting, no interest in Stewart.

So Moulson, one of Edler/Ehroff or Stastny would be nice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have size issues on defense and people continue to use Tinordi in their fake trades. Mr. Wonderful has asked to stop the madness and to shoot all of your fake trades behind a barn. :sarcasm:

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Go big or go home I say. These little Mickey Mouse deals we been doing for years at the trade deadline hasn't done much for us one way or another.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Nobody is talking Gaborik, i think his firepower would be welcome on a team that has too many pea shooters. He has his shortcomings and injury history though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad