Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v4 - Trade or No Trade Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
2 firsts for a really good third liner? Hmmm.

Yes. A first doesn't mean he'll end up being a top 6. Plenty of first rounders become just that: third liners. Or fourth liners. Or career AHLers... And Beaulieu may have been draft in the first round, but he's certainly not developping like an impactful first round draft pick.

It is irrelevant to state that you're trading a first round pick when the player has already been draft. In that case, Habs shouldn't have trade Chipchura for Simmons?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yes. A first doesn't mean he'll end up being a top 6. Plenty of first rounders become just that: third liners. Or fourth liners. Or career AHLers... And Beaulieu may have been draft in the first round, but he's certainly not developping like an impactful first round draft pick.

It is irrelevant to state that you're trading a first round pick when the player has already been draft. In that case, Habs shouldn't have trade Chipchura for Simmons?

What do you mean, beaulieu isn't developing like an impactful 1st rounder? How many hamilton games do you regularly watch?

Should the habs have traded Maxpac for Simmonds?

Drafting is one of the few things this organization has got right in the past few years. Trading away top picks for fringe top 6 players is toronto maple leafs territory.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They might, but Patches is the only one scoring at the moment. If they add in Nathan Beaulieu they might have a shot at Kane.

Why should we even consider moving Patches at this point?

He's not a power forward but he still brings elements of physicality around the boards. And he certainly has a knack for scoring.

Found an interesting comparable with Nash, on another forum:

• 2013-2014: Nash .35 goals per game, Pacioretty .46 goals per game
  • 2012-2013: Nash .47 goals per game, Pacioretty .34 goals per game
  • 2011-2013: Nash .39 goals per game, Pacioretty .40 goals per game
  • Average over the past 3 years: Nash .39 goals per game, Pacioretty .40 goals per game

Disclaimer: did not vet the above figures

Not suggesting Nash should be a measuring stick of anything, but only that it's interesting to see how MaxPac is progressing against a bigger name -- we should instead be buying into the stats of the guy who will become the bigger name, if we're patient enough and don't foolishly trade him off, when he hasn't even entered his prime years.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Gotta love the character assasination that I see on this board. If I was a player, I couldn't wait to come here so that I could be ripped to shreds by a bunch of couch potatoes.

Maybe guys like Lecavalier decide, that for similar money, why put up with the brain damage.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
What do you mean, beaulieu isn't developing like an impactful 1st rounder? How many hamilton games do you regularly watch?

Some. And I reed everything I can. Enough to know that he still has upside, that he may reach the NHL, but that he wouldn't be such a loss if traded for a player that makes the team better by bringing something it doesn't have while being on a good contract. Beaulieu certainly is not playing like a top 2 d-man, barely a top 4 right now.

Should the habs have traded Maxpac for Simmonds?

Of course not, and it is not what I said. I was refering to your logic to consider a player already drafted as a first round pick no matter how he's developping. My point is that drafting is a crapshoot, and a team should be able to trade a pick from time to time, especially if it's making the team better for a reasonnable amount of time, by bringing a type of player the team doesn't have on hand, and even in the pipeline. Habs draft well, it's true, but the same Timmins also drafted Fisher and Chipchura in the first round. Nobody's perfect. I don't think Toronto regrets having trade for Kessel that much since he's a pure scorer, something hard to have and developp, and he's still young.

Drafting is one of the few things this organization has got right in the past few years. Trading away top picks for fringe top 6 players is toronto maple leafs territory.

Refering to bad trades from other teams doesn't mean every trade is bad. Good trades happen, and while I agree it is highly subjective, I believe trading a first and Beaulieu for Simmonds would be a good trade given the team's makeup.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He had 30+ points last year in 67 AHL games, only turned 1/3 of the way into the season. He didn't look out of place in the NHL either.

I definitely wouldn't trade Beaulieu for a mid 1st rounder right now.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
He had 30+ points last year in 67 AHL games, only turned 1/3 of the way into the season. He didn't look out of place in the NHL either.

I definitely wouldn't trade Beaulieu for a mid 1st rounder right now.

When I look at the 2013 draft, below the 15th pick I'd trade Beaulieu straight up for the player, 15th I'd flip a coin and above that I'd pass on trading him. I'd say mid 1st rounder is his worth.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gotta love the character assasination that I see on this board. If I was a player, I couldn't wait to come here so that I could be ripped to shreds by a bunch of couch potatoes.

If I were a player and if I didn't like what was said here about me and I cared enough, I'd do like the Remington guy or what Howard Hughes would have done, and buy the site off.

Right after, I'd go back to chasing the most beautiful lady-specimens that youth, money and status can attract and laugh off about how some random couch potatoes are keeping my name floating about the internets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rumblings on the radio today of a MTL - NYR swap happening soon..no idea if there is any truth to it.

To NYR:
Raphael Diaz
Daniel Briere
Pick

To MTL:
Michael Del Zotto
Taylor Pyatt

Was it on 690?

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Rumblings on the radio today of a MTL - NYR swap happening soon..no idea if there is any truth to it.

To NYR:
Raphael Diaz
Daniel Briere
Pick

To MTL:
Michael Del Zotto
Taylor Pyatt

Yeah that's a deal but we would have 5 left handed D's..

dreamingofdrouin*

To NYR:
Raphael Diaz
Daniel Briere
Pick

To MTL:
Michael Del Zotto
Taylor Pyatt

wait...is this the supposed rumour or just your own wish?

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Not sure I'd trade Diaz for MDZ, but getting rid of Brière is appealing. Still, I probably wouldn't do that deal and would try to unload Brière another way.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I thought a deal around Luke Adam and Danny Briere deal.

Sabres fans said they could use Briere's salary next season to reach the cap floor.

Adam gives us a young rugged forward.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
If I were a player and if I didn't like what was said here about me and I cared enough, I'd do like the Remington guy or what Howard Hughes would have done, and buy the site off.

Right after, I'd go back to chasing the most beautiful lady-specimens that youth, money and status can attract and laugh off about how some random couch potatoes are keeping my name floating about the internets.

Last night during the hockey game stream I was watching (Phoenix) they were talking about Chipchurra. He had talked to them about playing in Montreal and had said that " when you're playing well the fans will let you know and when you're playing bad they'll let you know."

You don't have to come here to find out what fans think of you.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012

To NYR:
Raphael Diaz
Daniel Briere
Pick

To MTL:
Michael Del Zotto
Taylor Pyatt

Not happening, Rangers don't have the cap space to take Briere's contract

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Not happening, Rangers don't have the cap space to take Briere's contract

I don't know why nobody checks teams actual cap situations then just assume they won't have enough. Just because Briere makes 4mill/per. By bringing in Del Zotto and Pyatt making more than Diaz it makes it close salary wise.

If this deal went through, the Rangers would still have 2.2mill in cap space.

They won't be jammed next year either considering they have.

8 UFA's which are mostly bottom 6 players. Outside of Girardi and Callahan.

If Sather plays it smart he could lock up a solid bottom 6 compared to players all making a million or more in the bottom 6 which they currently have.

Miller
Kristo
Fast

All could possibly play for the Rangers next season saving the Rangers money and also fill roster spots.

So all in all they can afford Briere this year and next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad