Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Do I understand correctly? VGK basically get Cole from Pitt for just eating some of brassard’s salary and we couldn’t get in on that with all the cap space we have?

Reactions: Mrb1p

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He sure was. But he's not this year. Brassard has better numbers and Brassard's a center.

I have a feeling we're going to have to bring in a center or a player like Radulov to play with him so he can get his numbers up because right now his numbers suck, his play sucks, and I think his trade value sucks.
I guess you would trade Seguin for Marchessault because he is having a better season.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What's the expected return? Because McKenzie and LeBrun are saying Nash and Kane are more interesting to teams, and Hoffman may be too. They didn't seem too high on his trade value in conversations on tsn690.

On the contrary. They’re saying Patches would go after Nash and Kane because he’s worth more and teams want to pay less for a rental.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Brassard makes a lot of sense for the Pens and none for the Habs.

First of all, the age makes no sense. Second, you'd like to target a C with a higher ceiling than Brassard. He's shown his top end to be 2nd line centre, and although that would be useful, I'm not trading a 1st and a prospect for it.

I think adding another 1st round pick, especially one in the top 15 (maybe Florida, Carolina, Columbus, LA, St Louis, Edmonton) would be key.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He sure was. But he's not this year. Brassard has better numbers and Brassard's a center.

I have a feeling we're going to have to bring in a center or a player like Radulov to play with him so he can get his numbers up because right now his numbers suck, his play sucks, and I think his trade value sucks.

And not to mention that Brassard has way better playoffs success than Pacioretty.

I really don't know about Pacioretty's value league wide tbh. With the way he's playing lately, he's not worth a 2nd. He's having a horrible season and have NEVER proven that he can bring it with it counts. He's a limited player, that lacks intensity and hustle but with a quick release.

Yeah he got great number of goals in the past 5 years, we heard that tape several time.. but I never had the impression that Pacioretty was considered as a star/respected player in the league.

Usually a 5X 30 g scorer in the league would be in great demands if availabe but I think GMs in the league are not that impressed in Pacioretty despite his numbers.

I wish that I'm wrong... and a GM would probably still take a chance with Pacioretty for their cup run.. but with that said.. I'd be surprised to see Pacioretty getting trade by monday... Which is a shamed. His value keeps dropping by the days.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Whoever goes first between Nash/Kane/Pacioretty/Hoffman will set the price for the other 3

So stay tuned. As soon as one of those guys move we will have an idea on what Patches would fetch based on the return.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think Plek with %50 retained can get a late 1st. He's shown he can shutdown top lines in the playoffs before and he's low-maintenance. Best centre available.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
On the contrary. They’re saying Patches would go after Nash and Kane because he’s worth more and teams want to pay less for a rental.

They're also debating whether Hoffman and I think it was Brassard, is higher on teams' lists. Have you watched Pacioretty play this year?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Edit: @obcd1 beat me to it wit the LeBrun tweet about Plekanec.

This is very good news.

It relates to the Pacioretty case. We should probably wait until his skill set is highly sought after. There are a lot of scoring wingers available now. Not too many centers.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
What's the expected return? Because McKenzie and LeBrun are saying Nash and Kane are more interesting to teams, and Hoffman may be too. They didn't seem too high on his trade value in conversations on tsn690.

It's because they don't think he will get traded while Kane and Nash (are these wrestlers or hockey players?) are rentals.

Here's LeBrun:

As of Thursday night, I don’t sense much going on regarding Max Pacioretty. That can change quickly before Monday’s deadline once guys like Nash and Kane go. The problem with a Pacioretty deal is this: as long as Montreal insists on wanting an NHL-ready player as part of the package, which I think GM Marc Bergevin is, then it’s harder for contending teams to contemplate since they don’t want to take away from their current roster in a Cup run. No question teams have called suggesting picks/prospects packages for Pacioretty but unless something changes, I think Montreal is content to wait until June to make a hockey deal.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's because they don't think he will get traded while Kane and Nash (are these wrestlers or hockey players?) are rentals.

Here's LeBrun:

I would take a package of picks and prospects. I don't think we're in a position to get a good enough NHL ready player.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
So would I, but Bergevin is selling Molson on the idea of a retool. He's going to make a retool trade.

That's what worries me. He'll take a bad retool trade instead of a great futures trade. If he's not fired it will be Subban for Weber all over again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Here's LeBrun:

As of Thursday night, I don’t sense much going on regarding Max Pacioretty. That can change quickly before Monday’s deadline once guys like Nash and Kane go. The problem with a Pacioretty deal is this: as long as Montreal insists on wanting an NHL-ready player as part of the package, which I think GM Marc Bergevin is, then it’s harder for contending teams to contemplate since they don’t want to take away from their current roster in a Cup run. No question teams have called suggesting picks/prospects packages for Pacioretty but unless something changes, I think Montreal is content to wait until June to make a hockey deal.

Personally, I'm not hung up on the NHL-ready player. I'm thinking of a Joel Eriksson Ek type of NHL-ready player MB covets. Probably a young player in his 1st or 2nd season with some NHL games under their belts.

I wouldn't mind if they acquire multiple prospects and picks only. The kind of prospects I'm thinking of are center Sam Steel and LD Josh Mahura from Anaheim. Both those players play in the WHL with Cale Fleury in Regina. They're not NHL-ready. So instead of an NHL-ready player, I would ask for another top prospect instead along with a pick or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad