Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The real deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
That said, Scott Matla of Habs Eyes on The Prize believes that the Habs could get an interesting return for their 35-year-old veteran if he was traded to the Sharks.
What exactly could that return be?
Bergevin might be willing to do a tremendous favour to the Sharks, as they've been trying by all means to get rid of Paul Martin's contract. The left-handed defenseman is under contract for one more season after this at $4.85million.
By taking on the salary dump, the Sharks could make up for it by offering a top prospect and Matla identified three in particular: Julius Bergman, Jayden Halbgewachs and Noah Rod.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Waiting for the inevitable trades of players like Benn and Froese, and nothing else.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
EOTP suggested an option of trading Galchenyuk for Faulk over in Minny. As a RHD, this may give us a viable option of flipping one of Petry or Weber, with the latter making more sense to me given his higher trade value despite the contract. The article also suggested pairing Faulk and Weber, but Faulk has never played on the left side.

I've always liked Faulk so if we were to give up Chuck, this is one of the few moves I'd be fine with depending of course how we shape the rest of the team.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Waiting for one of the highly touted wingers to get traded so that the dominoes can start to fall. Until that happens, most GM's will play possum and complain that the prices are too high.

Besides Plekanec, i'm curious who will be traded....

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Doubt montreal makes a trade until Friday. They have game tonight and tomorrow.

Maybe Schlemko or Benn gets traded because they have bodies on back end.

Hard to trade roster players on a road trip back to back. First hint something is going down is somebody from Laval getting called up.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Damn, the timing to trade Pax is so bad.. I dont remember the last time that so many teams were sellers at the deadline, theres alot of options if you're lookin for help on the wing(Hoffman,Kane,Maroon,Tatar,Nyquist,Nash,Zuccarello etc etc) so it will for sure drive the value of Pax down.

Would it be a good gamble to wait for july 1st or even next year, so the market and even maybe his production will be more favorable for a great return!!??

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, the timing to trade Pax is so bad.. I dont remember the last time that so many teams were sellers at the deadline, theres alot of options if you're lookin for help on the wing(Hoffman,Kane,Maroon,Tatar,Nyquist,Nash,Zuccarello etc etc) so it will for sure drive the value of Pax down.

Would it be a good gamble to wait for july 1st or even next year, so the market and even maybe his production will be more favorable for a great return!!??
Pacioretty is more consistent than all those players and is way younger than Nash and he is not a rental like Kane.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Damn, the timing to trade Pax is so bad.. I dont remember the last time that so many teams were sellers at the deadline

Guys around here think there's a lot of sellers. GMs think otherwise.

As dumb as it sounds... I'm not even sure Bergevin thinks he should be a seller.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

I'm not sure if that will work against us. It will depend on what other teams are asking. If teams see a conference rival pay up to get a winger it might push other teams to pay up as well. Paccioretti is definitely cream of the crop as far as forwards go.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Most of these players are rentals and Hoffman is unlikely to get traded - the focus has shifted to Brassard who is a C and not competing with Max.
Also, there is quite a few buyers out there and he does not have to be moved now and can wait for the expanded buyers pool in the summer that can include teams like Florida as in the latest rumor.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How about that Michel Villeneuve rumor..yeah I know, Villeneuve, a clown....don't concentrate on who said it but on the message.....Borgstrom and Matheson for Pacioretty. I love Borgstrom for sure. But I doubt we'd go prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Ottawa is out-tanking the **** out of us.

What’s hilarious is that they suck so they will keep their 2018 pick, but then they’ll continue to suck next year with the same team and be unwilling to sell players because they owe the Avs their 2019 pick. They are in a huge bind.

Reactions: ginomini

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How about that Michel Villeneuve rumor..yeah I know, Villeneuve, a clown....don't concentrate on who said it but on the message.....Borgstrom and Matheson for Pacioretty. I love Borgstrom for sure. But I doubt we'd go prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

That's mitigated by the addition of Matheson in this deal though...not sure it's quite enough for me, it's missing another element but I could definitely get down with this as the basis of the team.

Didn't know a whole lot about Borgstrom but i've loved everything i've read/seen

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Pacioretty is more consistent than all those players and is way younger than Nash and he is not a rental like Kane.

I also think that Pax is more valuable by a fair margin than any of the other options out there but i really wonder if the fact that buyers will have cheaper options if they will be ready to pay the premium to get Pax.

Who are the buyers that can give us the Center prospect that we're looking for??

St Louis(Thomas): They have Fabbri coming back next year, i would settle for the cheapest option and keep Thomas, they are weak at center and about to loose Stastny.

L-A(Vilardi): They are not even sure to make the playoff, would they risk to loose theyre biggest prospect for 1 year of Pax??

Winnipeg: Is Roslovic a good enough C prospect to be the center piece for a Pax trade?

Calgary: Jankowsky or Bennett?? are they good enough to make you move Pax?

Unless they decide to trade Pax for something else than a C prospect, what in my mind would be very stupid but not surprising, i think its gonna be very tough for MB to land what he should be looking for at this tdl.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Seems like he pulled that out of his ass as soon as Friedman speculated about the Panthers and Pacioretty.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What’s hilarious is that they suck so they will keep their 2018 pick, but then they’ll continue to suck next year with the same team and be unwilling to sell players because they owe the Avs their 2019 pick. They are in a huge bind.
They truly have one of the worst owners in all of sports...the Phaneuf deal from last night benefits lining his own pockets and shedding as much salary as possible from the payroll, while giving their fanbase the illusion they're actually trying to build for the future.

The only thing the Sens are trying to do is keep player costs down, by any means necessary.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
They truly have one of the worst owners in all of sports...the Phaneuf deal from last night benefits lining his own pockets and shedding as much salary as possible from the payroll, while giving their fanbase the illusion they're actually trying to build for the future.

The only thing the Sens are trying to do is keep player costs down, by any means necessary.
Trading Phaneuf for an older player and retaining salary isn't giving anyone the idea that they're rebuilding. it was just a horrible hockey trade for the Ottawa Senators. I haven't taken a look at their forum to see how their fans reacted to it, but I can't see people being happy with it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Trading Phaneuf for an older player and retaining salary isn't giving anyone the idea that they're rebuilding. it was just a horrible hockey trade for the Ottawa Senators. I haven't taken a look at their forum to see how their fans reacted to it, but I can't see people being happy with it.

Basing it on what i've seen on twitter and my conversations with my sens fans friends...

But agreed, the trade to acquire Phaneuf 2 years ago was awful, yesterday's trade was even worse.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I would not say that they are in a bind. Chabot will replace Phaneuf. White will replace Brassard. Logan Brown is a blue chip prospect. They still need to replace a partner for Karlsson, in losing Methot. I think they have the cap space to sign Karlsson and Duchesne to extensions. For me the problem is that Anderson may not be able to get back to the top. And they have no one behind him.

Montreal is in a bind. They have no centres, no prospects, and had to rush Mete (who is definitely not better than Chabot) to the NHL because they have no depth at any position, except 3LW.

Reactions: MasterMatt25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad