Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: TDL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Oilers fan here. Would the Habs move Tatar and Danault (would be nice to get 50% retention on one or both) for a 2020 1st round pick, Evan Bouchard and Raphael Lavoie? Pick would be conditional on Oilers making the playoffs or else it becomes a 2021 1st.
No, the Habs aren't trading anyone, they like to cry as a family.

Reactions: Frozenice

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Oilers fan here. Would the Habs move Tatar and Danault (would be nice to get 50% retention on one or both) for a 2020 1st round pick, Evan Bouchard and Raphael Lavoie? Pick would be conditional on Oilers making the playoffs or else it becomes a 2021 1st.
Surely, Phil Danault and Lavoie have crept into your proposal by mistake?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Oh right. Well Tatar and Danault are a hundred times better than Hamonic so I'm not worried.
Its a bit of a blockbuster but it does make sense for both teams. Danault and Tatar are quality and as a bonus they have amazing chemistry so just find em a guy like Gally and theirs no way it doesn't work. I would say it puts you guys over the top and I'd put you as cup favorites

MTL is rebuilding and a guy like Bouchard is a perfect start to the rebuild along with the picks.

I would do it, as would most here I would think, but our GM is scared to lose a trade. He's also too proud/stupid to start a rebuild. It would be like admitting failure.

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Guys our head scout is Timmins , why do you all want some late 1st pick ??
To make sure he's no longer head of anything afterward. So feed him 1st rounders until we can no longer handle the pressure.

BTW Shula is head scout, Timmins is assistant GM.

Reactions: Andrei79

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
You didn't know?

A late first round pick is gold...look who we got from our late 1st round pick: McCarron, Juulsen, Poehling, Scherbak. Gold.
One or two more and we should be good to become a contender. That's why we should trade our best players for them.
What? What do you say about Pacioretty just 13 years ago?? Timmins is a great scout, he had an amazing draft 13 years ago!

Reactions: Milhouse40

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tatar and danault for Broberg, edmontons first, Benson, Puljujarvi and 2021 first.

Retain on both @ 50%

Realistically, Benson and Pool plug in on the third line next year and Broberg starts in the AHL.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Guys read this gem.

It's really worth it. Relish the ignorance and arrogance of it.

Thank you for proving my point as to the delusional evaluations of Habs fans. Zero chance that happens, and you need to work on your reading comprehension. Tatar - or any non-ELC player for that matter - with term is the very last thing we want.

And he has nowhere near that sort of value to begin with. If you want Vancouver’s 1st then it’s Suzuki coming our way, not Tatar. Don’t want to do that? I don’t blame you, but then you can stop demanding pieces that aren’t available for players we really don’t want in the first place.

:laugh:

What a fantastic, fantastic post.

@AndreRoy

Yeah that VAN 1st was used for Blake Coleman lmao

Last edited:

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Last year it was fun, we worked hard and made a nice run with what we had.

This year, it's getting to a point that we are the laughing stock of the league. We need a change and not a small one.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
After seeing Tampa get absolutely fleeced in that Coleman deal, I'd love to know what Tatar could get.

Reactions: Gravity

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
so Bergerin in Denver tonight and Brisebois was in MTL this week.

Ummm....Petry to TB? This is the time to trade him with his highest value ever but I don't see how we can replace him right now.

I would do Petry for Cernak and a first. OR Foote and a first. Foote would be a potential replacement for Petry.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Ummm....Petry to TB? This is the time to trade him with his highest value ever but I don't see how we can replace him right now.

I would do Petry for Cernak and a first. OR Foote and a first. Foote would be a potential replacement for Petry.
So, in other words, you would be happy with Cernak or Foote and a plug that will eventually not even make the AHL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Tampa already traded their 1st rounder...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Foote is a plug ? I would prefer Foote and a first.
You misread my post. I'm assuming Cernak and Foote will be at least NHLers. It's that first that worries me. TB will go to at least the Conference finals. That means that first will be 28th OA pick at best. Timmins has the magic touch of turning those late round first picks into dog poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad