Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If you are going to move Juulsen, move him for a player similar in age and potential on the LD side. Lehkonen has more value than some think as well. He is a huge part of our speedy for check and causes turnovers. Don't underestimate this.

Why? If we are keeping Weber/Petry/Price then getting back a young guy isn't all that important.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The problem with trading for Malkin is the Pens will want full value like he is in his prime when he is not. The price to pay may not = the production we get. But if he was a UFA, I'd be down with it.

Lets wait it out. Pens are not the same team they were before. Most of the core is over 30 now and the depth around them is not that great. If Crosby and Malkin struggle to lead their team like the past, they will be more open to moving them for 32/33/34+ value. Not value like they are still in their prime.

If things get worse in Pittsburgh, maybe Crosby wants to join the Habs and waive his NMC. I heard that he was a Habs fan growing up. This would be a good fit cause the value they can get is limited based on who he waives his NMC for.

Lets strike the iron while it is hot, Malkin's value is already low. All the stars are aligned, the Pens just got swept and realize they need to make changes to survive as a contender. Meanwhile, Malkin fits a real need, the number one center, eating minutes controlling the ice. He'd ease KK's transition and Domi can play on the wing. Give them Danault and Gallagher, and something else if they want. That's a fair trade for them too, they acquire character and grit, like the Rangers in 1994. Meanwhile, the habs finally have a real QB. It just makes sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PK is not and was not a superstar. A very good player but not a superstar. I place him on the same level as Gallagher one of the players going the other way in that terrible trade. Giving up Danault, Gallagher and Mete for at most two more years of Malkin is insanity. It's what you guys would claim is a typical vision-less MB move. Malkin teamed with Crosby, Letang and Kessel was unable to make his team respectable yet he'll make us competitive. That trade is a waste of important assets.
Name me one player who isnt a superstar and consistently gets booed in oppositions rink.
Loll...Gallagher comparison. Funny.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The problem with trading for Malkin is the Pens will want full value like he is in his prime when he is not. The price to pay may not = the production we get. But if he was a UFA, I'd be down with it.

Lets wait it out. Pens are not the same team they were before. Most of the core is over 30 now and the depth around them is not that great. If Crosby and Malkin struggle to lead their team like the past, they will be more open to moving them for 32/33/34+ value. Not value like they are still in their prime.

If things get worse in Pittsburgh, maybe Crosby wants to join the Habs and waive his NMC. I heard that he was a Habs fan growing up. This would be a good fit cause the value they can get is limited based on who he waives his NMC for.
Lol..we go from Malkin not being a good trade because Pens will want full value to getting Crosby.
Man, talking to some of you Habs fans is truly comical.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great spokesman for molson's hot dogs.

phil-kessel-hot-dog.jpg

What is with Phil Kessel and hotdogs? He's always mentioned in conjunction with them.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Name me one player who isnt a superstar and consistently gets booed in oppositions rink.
Loll...Gallagher comparison. Funny.
Let me ask you how many other categories do you have above superstar? One, two, three? Because if Pk is a superstar than how would you categorize Brent Burns, Doughty, Karlsson?

Booing proves nothing. I suspect the booing is probably because PK is black and flamboyant in a conservative NHL culture. If booing is a yardstick to judge players' talents than why aren't Crosby, Price, Kucherov, Panarin, Rantanen and others constantly booed?

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Oh yay now habs fans are trading the biggest heart on the team and a 30 goal scorer for a 30 goal scorer #facepalm. Gally gets no respect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol..we go from Malkin not being a good trade because Pens will want full value to getting Crosby.
Man, talking to some of you Habs fans is truly comical.

You need to re-read before you criticize. You either overlooked it or ignored it and then went on hate mode. I think you are the one that needs a attitude lesson. You must be the real life of the party on a Saturday night. The idea that I presented is to wait it out and let the Pens fail. Not make a move now. I also talked about the NMC factor and if Crosby says that he is ok to come to Montreal. That gives us leverage. You came back with a two liner and it reeks of belittle attempt.

Grow up with your grudge match or just don't reply with your hate. I like to get along with people but if you approach a conversation like this... I'm going to bark back cause you deserve it.

You approached me the very same way to start the season. You were very aggressive in going against my fringe wild card team potential prediction using words like ridiculous, unreasonable, too hopeful, etc.

Don't you learn from your mistakes?

Reactions: jaffy27

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Two trade ideas.

To Edmonton: Jonathan Drouin and Karl Alzner
To Montreal: #8 overall, Milan Lucic and Jesse Pulijarvii

McDavid wants a fast winger with dynamic skills and veteran defender to help their young defense.

Montreal gets top 10 pick and project Finnish player similar to Joel Armia. Montreal buys out Lucic.

To Montreal: Ryan Callahan and Mikhail Sergachev
To Tampa: #15th overall pick

Montreal takes on Callahan’s final year giving Tampa cap space to sign Braydon Point. We also get back our LD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lets strike the iron while it is hot, Malkin's value is already low. All the stars are aligned, the Pens just got swept and realize they need to make changes to survive as a contender. Meanwhile, Malkin fits a real need, the number one center, eating minutes controlling the ice. He'd ease KK's transition and Domi can play on the wing. Give them Danault and Gallagher, and something else if they want. That's a fair trade for them too, they acquire character and grit, like the Rangers in 1994. Meanwhile, the habs finally have a real QB. It just makes sense.

I disagree Malkin's value is low. This is the same narrative we got for Patch. Remember how his value was thrown under the bus and what we got in the end? Pens are not trading Malkin unless they get pry-away value. It's one off year for Malkin, not several in a row. Huge difference.

If you want Malkin, You are going to have to compete with several other teams and the price to acquire is steep. Even coming from a off year. Let this play out and I'd like to see the Pens drown cause the depth around their core is weak. The same way the Pens were able to acquire Kessel... they got him for cheap and the Leafs are still paying $1.2M of his salary

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Two trade ideas.

To Edmonton: Jonathan Drouin and Karl Alzner
To Montreal: #8 overall, Milan Lucic and Jesse Pulijarvii

McDavid wants a fast winger with dynamic skills and veteran defender to help their young defense.

Montreal gets top 10 pick and project Finnish player similar to Joel Armia. Montreal buys out Lucic.

To Montreal: Ryan Callahan and Mikhail Sergachev
To Tampa: #15th overall pick

Montreal takes on Callahan’s final year giving Tampa cap space to sign Braydon Point. We also get back our LD.

I do the first trade without putting Alzner in, but no way Edmonton does. Drouin's trade value is very low - a 2nd round pick, at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why? If we are keeping Weber/Petry/Price then getting back a young guy isn't all that important.

Expect my plan does not have all of Price/Weber/Petry on our roster after the expansion draft.

- Price is here to stay for a while. At least for another 5 seasons IMO

- Weber has 2 decent years left at age 34 and 35. Then there is an expansion draft. Do you protect him when he will be 36 the following season and where his contract is designed for him to retire at age 36 or 37?

- Petry has two years in term left. I plan on keeping him if we decide to not protect Weber.

My strategy with considering weather to trade Juulsen or not is I only trade him if we get a LD similar in age and on a ELC. I don't support mortgaging the future and talking on older players.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Oh yay now habs fans are trading the biggest heart on the team and a 30 goal scorer for a 30 goal scorer #facepalm. Gally gets no respect.

Oh come on. Gallagher probably gets the most respect from the fanbase out of anybody on the team. If he was anybody else he would have gotten crucified on here for his mediocre play during the middle of the season.

A couple of throwaway trade proposals does not speak for the majority of the fanbase.

Reactions: the

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I disagree Malkin's value is low. This is the same narrative we got for Patch. Remember how his value was thrown under the bus and what we got in the end? Pens are not trading Malkin unless they get pry-away value. It's one off year for Malkin, not several in a row. Huge difference.

If you want Malkin, You are going to have to compete with several other teams and the price to acquire is steep. Even coming from a off year. Let this play out and I'd like to see the Pens drown cause the depth around their core is weak. The same way the Pens were able to acquire Kessel... they got him for cheap and the Leafs are still paying $1.2M of his salary

Those teams are going to try to lowball the Pens or won't have the cap space.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Let me ask you how many other categories do you have above superstar? One, two, three? Because if Pk is a superstar than how would you categorize Brent Burns, Doughty, Karlsson?

Booing proves nothing. I suspect the booing is probably because PK is black and flamboyant in a conservative NHL culture. If booing is a yardstick to judge players' talents than why aren't Crosby, Price, Kucherov, Panarin, Rantanen and others constantly booed?
The race card? Seriously?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Expect my plan does not have all of Price/Weber/Petry on our roster after the expansion draft.

- Price is here to stay for a while. At least for another 5 seasons IMO

- Weber has 2 decent years left at age 34 and 35. Then there is an expansion draft. Do you protect him when he will be 36 the following season and where his contract is designed for him to retire at age 36 or 37?

- Petry has two years in term left. I plan on keeping him if we decide to not protect Weber.

My strategy with considering weather to trade Juulsen or not is I only trade him if we get a LD similar in age and on a ELC. I don't support mortgaging the future and talking on older players.

So your plan is to hope the prospects develop out before the vets decline?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I do the first trade without putting Alzner in, but no way Edmonton does. Drouin's trade value is very low - a 2nd round pick, at this point.
Come on, the hate on Drouin is ridiculous. He was top 100 in the league in 5vs5 play, at his age, that's worth a ton more than a 2nd round pick.

He's worth at least a Top 4 defenceman and a young one at that...

Reactions: Da Grinder

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Come on, the hate on Drouin is ridiculous. He was top 100 in the league in 5vs5 play, at his age, that's worth a ton more than a 2nd round pick.

He's worth at least a Top 4 defenceman and a young one at that...

good luck getting a young top 4 dman for Drouin. Dream on.

Reactions: bsl

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I am pretty positive that the Avs would take him and trade Girard + a 2nd for him.

I would love that, but would think the Avs are very high on Girard. Can't see the Avs doing Girard for Drouin, 1 for 1.

Girard would fit well with our speed game. He plays on the #1 pair with Erik Johnson. If he and Mete continued to progress, it would be back to back speed for the opposition to have to handle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad