Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Suzuki, Shaw, 1st rnd pick 2020 & 2nd rnd pick 2019
vs
Cam Fowler

Then trying to pursue for Artemi this off season.

those 2 additions and the upcoming of few of our young player we could be serious contenders next year. Solid offensive and a PP that should be lethal with weber on point and Panarin off side half wall. Solid Defence and elite Goalie.
WTF!!!!!......:eek:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What about Burakovsky? Caps fans are arguing about trading him Player Discussion - Andre Burakovsky Looks like a reclamation project. Former 1st round pick, 23 years old, fast skating and all the tools but hasn't found his box yet, playing with Eller. Play him with a better passer in a new scenery and he might find his niche.

His wife must be super frustrated.

Reactions: DAChampion

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What about Burakovsky? Caps fans are arguing about trading him Player Discussion - Andre Burakovsky Looks like a reclamation project. Former 1st round pick, 23 years old, fast skating and all the tools but hasn't found his box yet, playing with Eller. Play him with a better passer in a new scenery and he might find his niche.

At $3.0M cap hit, he likely won't be qualified, maybe Washington will trade his rights cheap

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I'd like to acquire Burakovsky. Wonder if they would take Shaw? There are not getting any of our top 100 picks though. Maybe Shaw and a 5th?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki, Shaw, 1st rnd pick 2020 & 2nd rnd pick 2019
vs
Cam Fowler

Then trying to pursue for Artemi this off season.

those 2 additions and the upcoming of few of our young player we could be serious contenders next year. Solid offensive and a PP that should be lethal with weber on point and Panarin off side half wall. Solid Defence and elite Goalie.

I don't think your Fowler offer is terrible but we should move on from Fowler. Ducks just signed him for 8 years with a 4 team trade list.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking for a 3 way deal to try to see if all teams can address team needs... Leafs, Canes, Habs

Leafs Acquire:
- Hamilton (RD the Leafs need)
- 2019 2nd (Canes pick)

Canes Acquire:
- Nylander (Top 6 forward the Canes need)
- Juulsen (young NHL ready RD to replace trading Hamilton)
- 2019 3rd (Habs Pick)

Habs Acquire:
- Bean (young LD we need)

- Habs trade Juulsen and a 3rd for Bean who fits our LD needs.
- Leafs get the RD they need and trade Nylander. They get a 2nd for the term difference.
- Canes get younger. Hamilton and Bean for Nylander and Juulsen.

Thoughts?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Looking for a 3 way deal to try to see if all teams can address team needs... Leafs, Canes, Habs

Leafs Acquire:
- 2019 2nd (Canes pick)

Canes Acquire:
- 2019 3rd (Habs Pick)

Habs Acquire:

- Leafs get the RD they need and trade Nylander. They get a 2nd for the term difference.

Thoughts?
I don't know Bean that well. But I can't see Canes moving Hamilton for Nylander. He has a terrible contract

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Poolparty could be of interest to us. Watched a bit of Flames/Oilers game Sat. night. Pool Party didn't play that bad. He has size and speed. He was once MVP of WJC so skill must be there. Habs souts take a look at him? If Oilers are trying to move him maybe a favorable trade could be had? He wouldn't be the first player Oilers have made a mistake on. Chance he may blossom on Koktaniemi, Lehkonen line.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Leafs Acquire:
- 2019 2nd (Canes pick)

Canes Acquire:
- 2019 3rd (Habs Pick)

Habs Acquire:

Thoughts?
Why not cut out Toronto there's nothing going from Habs to them so they aren't needed for Juulsen and a 3rd for Bean

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't know Bean that well. But I can't see Canes moving Hamilton for Nylander. He has a terrible contract

I don't think a top 6 talent at 6 years at $6.9M is terrible. He's just not trending well and he is having a hard time dealing with the extra pressure from the contract negotiations. At the end of the day, he is a top 6 talent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Top 6 is very subjective. He is doing a Pacioretty dive

Do you think Drouin had top 6 value last year? Nylander has talent, he is a top 6 forward. He's just not a dominate top 6 forward who creates time and space for himself... he needs to play on a line with other talent. Nylander is just not trending well... it happens to talent like this

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure but why wouldn't that be a separate trade that would be their job to figure out if they really wanted Juulsen

Cause the Canes won't need Juulsen if they keep their RD's. So they might be interested if there was a 3 way deal where they improved their top 6 depth (Nylander) and unloaded Hamilton.

Are you saying they do a Juulsen and Bean swap before they trade some of their RD's who have soon to be UFA status?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Cause the Canes won't need Juulsen if they keep their RD's. So they might be interested if there was a 3 way deal where they improved their top 6 depth (Nylander) and unloaded Hamilton.

Are you saying they do a Juulsen and Bean swap before they trade some of their RD's who have soon to be UFA status?
Nope I'm saying if they truly wanted Juulsen that badly they'd make room with a trade before they approached Bergevin

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nope I'm saying if they truly wanted Juulsen that badly they'd make room with a trade before they approached Bergevin

Doubt they are drooling to acquire Juulsen and try to make room for him cause he is better than their two top RD's. The idea is to soften the blow of trading the RD's for improvements up front and inserting a guy like Juulsen at the same time.

It likely falls through and they revisit the Juulsen/Bean swap at a later date once they see how good Fleury and Bean are on the Left side behind Slavin and CDH while they see who they want to keep (if any) from Hamilton and Falk on the right side. If a guy like Fox disappointed on the RD side, then maybe they consider adding Juulsen for Bean.

Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stéphane Leroux of RDS believes that Jake Evans, Cale Fleury, Joni Ikonen, Jesse Ylonen and Jacob Olofsson are the candidates (not all of them, but among this group) who could be used in a trade by MB to acquire a LHD within the mold of Jeff Petry. Adds that in any case, they can't all play for the Habs.

«À Laval, Evans et Fleury sont intéressants pour un possible échange, tout comme Joni Ikonen, Jesse Ylönen et Jacob Olofsson, même se ce dernier a été décevant au Championnat du monde junior. De toute manière, tous ces espoirs ne pourront pas jouer avec le Tricolore… Si c'est pour aller chercher un Jeff Petry gaucher, pourquoi pas ? Chose certaine, le Canadien a bien repêché aux cours des deux dernières années.»

https://www.985fm.ca/nouvelles/spor...en-pourraient-etre-echanges-en-vue-des-series

Only reason Leroux's opinion matters to an extent is that he has a close connection with Timmins. Chances are what Leroux is suggesting is not solely his own opinion.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting evaluation of the two 2nd's we have. I'm curious to see names from who we can find in these separate ranges....

2nd round pick from 31-50
- Subban at 43rd
- Weber at 49
- Josi at 38
- Romanov at 38

2nd round picks from 51-60
- Lehkonen at 55

I need help. Trying to figure out the probability based on previous cherry pick hits and to evaluate our ability to hit with our two 2nd round picks we have in this draft that look to be 50+ range. Weber is the closest hit I can remember near 50. Most I remember are early part of the 2nd round.

Who are the hits from 50-60 range in previous drafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad