Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
3 first rounders in this draft would set us up for years to come......

Depends. On average, 3 first rounders will give you 2 NHL players, and one of the two will be a top 6 forward or top 4 defenceman.

Now if that is on top of whatever talent you already have, great, but if in order to get your three first rounders, you have to trade all your best complementary players and then trade additional second round picks to land in the first round, well chances are you will be way behind where you started.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Oh please!
At least they do have talent!!!!!
And they are really exciting to watch, cant say the same thing about the Habs.

They certainly have talent, can't deny it. But their team is unbalanced and they can't add strength on D and in net without sacrificing probably two of their good forwards.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
They certainly have talent, can't deny it. But their team is unbalanced and they can't add strength on D and in net without sacrificing probably two of their good forwards.
They can sacrifice Nylander and still be able to run with Tavares-Marner, Matthews-Kapanen as duos in their top 6 and have Kadri as their 3rd line C with Johnsson, Grundtsrom, Hyman, Brown, Moore, Bracco to fill in the other spots . Rielly, a RHD from a Nylander trade, Dermott and Liljegren + Sandin coming up shouldn't be a bad D core with Andersen in net.

If the Leafs are in a bad position, I wish we were too.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They can sacrifice Nylander and still be able to run with Tavares-Marner, Matthews-Kapanen as duos in their top 6 and have Kadri as their 3rd line C with Johnsson, Grundtsrom, Hyman, Brown, Moore, Bracco to fill in the other spots . Rielly, a RHD from a Nylander trade, Dermott and Liljegren + Sandin coming up shouldn't be a bad D core with Andersen in net.

I don't think they will have enough cap space for all that.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
So, bait and switch much? Wave at the Crobsys, Ovechkins (that's a clue to the weak logic, as it is now 14 years after he was drafted). Destroy the roster in order to draft "between 1 and 5" (already not the same thing as a sure generational talent), and then cite guys as elite that the majority were not even top 5 picks and none are generational players.
FAKE NEWS

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't think they will have enough cap space for all that.
Liljegren, Sandin, Johnsson, Moore, Bracco, Grundstrom will all have fairly cheap deal at less than 2M. Going from Nylander at 6.96M to a D-man that normally makes ~5M is more savings. Marleau going to be off the book in a year + Gardiner/Hainsey off the books and potential dumping Zaitsev... I think they'll be fine.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

See, if I'm running that team I'd rather keep Nylander and move Kadri.

Long shot, but what if Danault plus Petry for Kadri?

They get a cheaper replacement for Kadri, plus a top 4 veteran defenseman.

Unless they can get a stud dman for Nylander

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

This can't be serious. I'm trying to be polite, so I will leave it at that. Besides, the cap crunch does not go away if you deal less cap for more cap!!

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Drouin won't be an easy trade to make and it's highly unlikely that Bergevin won't ever do it any way. I would in a heartbeat but then again, Sergachev would still be here if it were up to me.

Sergachev would still be here for me, too.

But yeah, MB won't trade his prize possession that soon. Could see it in a season or 2 if he goes on with his lackluster play, cause yeah, he can score and produce and all, but it's funny to see him glide on the ice while whole team has the 'Attitude' thing going on.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Drouin won't be an easy trade to make and it's highly unlikely that Bergevin won't ever do it any way. I would in a heartbeat but then again, Sergachev would still be here if it were up to me.

Van needs someone to play with Petterson, he would be a good fit. Drouin needs a sniper to play with, and zero pressure. Vancouver would be good for him. I agree it would be a tough deal to make but a lot of teams would be 'interested' in JD.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sergachev would still be here for me, too.

But yeah, MB won't trade his prize possession that soon. Could see it in a season or 2 if he goes on with his lackluster play, cause yeah, he can score and produce and all, but it's funny to see him glide on the ice while whole team has the 'Attitude' thing going on.
He sticks out like a sore thumb for sure and we were told that compete and attitude were everything for this new revamped roster. He has talent but seriously for the highest paid paid forward on the team he leaves a lot to be desired.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We have the opportunity to build a winning culture in Laval while developing 7 high end prospects over the next 2 years. Think about it.

Not a trade but I would push to buy out Romanov’s contract so that he can play in Laval next year. Hell, I would make it my mission to get all 7 of our WJC players in the AHL next year. Just my .02. Be good friends!

Reactions: blarneylad

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I justjust tho of something.

Mtl trades : Alzner, 3rd round pick
Cgy trades : Neal (15% retained), Prout

Montreal, by doing this, can try Neal on Domi and Drouin line (just as they gave a chance to Tatar).
Calgary can play a lefty on their third pair, one who is great with rookies. Montreal also get a righty as 7th def, or waive them and call back Schlemko, something like this! Montreal have more term with Neal, but he can be used as offense on second or third line, while Alzner being traded opens up more spot for young defenses...

Would that make sense for both teams?

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal

They get a cheaper replacement for Kadri, plus a top 4 veteran defenseman.

Unless they can get a stud dman for Nylander
That would put them in a worse situation due to Danault and Petry's salaries.

Either way, having that much offensive talent isn't a bad thing. Lots of ways they can make it work.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Montreal, by doing this, can try Neal on Domi and Drouin line (just as they gave a chance to Tatar).
Calgary can play a lefty on their third pair, one who is great with rookies. Montreal also get a righty as 7th def, or waive them and call back Schlemko, something like this! Montreal have more term with Neal, but he can be used as offense on second or third line, while Alzner being traded opens up more spot for young defenses...

Why would Calgary do this? Especially while retaining salary and taking on Alzners terrible contract. It just doesn't make sense to me, no one wants Alzner and definitely not for a goal scorer.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Not for Calgary.
They are already load up on the left side with Giordano, Hanifin and Valimaki waiting for a shot...
If they consider Neal to be a real cap dump, then i'll be okay to take on that giant contract for one of their LHD and give someting else more valuable than Alzner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad