Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 73 (Final Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lecky is worth more now... but not 2 1st rounders
lecky is RFA not signed for 1.5 for 2 years
But, Lehky is a proven playoff performer and the teams seeking him are looking for that immediate assured return and he provides that as well as being a highly desirable regular season asset for the long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lol, Lehkonen is not worth anything close to Hagel.

Hell, Hagel may come close to scoring as many goals in his sophomore year as Lehkonen had points in his most productive year and he's younger too.
true.

And this is Tampa doing their usual targeting of a player. Just because they paid a 1st for Savard, doesn't mean Savard was going to get a 1st from another team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
TBay had done bullsquat since 2015 draft (Cirelli), Al Murray half life as elite amateur scout ended 6-drafts ago - regression to the norm.

Well since it's too soon to talk about 19-21, the bullsquat mostly goes to the terrible 2016, 2017 and 2018. Yet, that terrible 2016 just made it possible to acquire Hagel. And as bad as 2016 looks, Howden, picked 27 is the 19th best scored of that draft. What an overall bad draft year.

Reactions: Wats

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
In all seriousness, Tyler Pitlick better be in play. You never know what he could get. Perhaps a 5th, likely a 7th though.

I don't want a sub 20 or even 15 point 4th line center though. So I'd move him.
Are you really worried that Tyler Pittlick is not in play!!??:huh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Kravtsov or Lundkvist + 2nd for Lehky?

That's make sense for both teams.
As was pointed out to me yesterday, a team exec who was contacted by NYI beat writer Arthur Staple said that he doesn't think Gorton would have any interest in Kravtsov but who really knows for sure.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
As was pointed out to me yesterday, a team exec who was contacted by NYI beat writer Arthur Staple said that he doesn't think Gorton would have any interest in Kravtsov but who really knows for sure.
Russian players will not be in demand for a long time They will fall in the draft as well Their futures are very uncertain

Reactions: sheed36

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Elliotte Friedman is always very interesting in his podcast 32 Thoughts. The Sportsnet insider took advantage of the last day of the week to tour what he had heard between the branches about all the teams.

Here's what he had to say about the Seattle Kraken:

“Someone texted me this morning telling me that Montreal scammed everyone. They got a return too good for Ben Chiarot ! This means that Ron Francis now wants a first choice for Giordano. The Maple Leafs are very interested in Giordano, but they don't want to give away their first pick.

cough up Mr Peabody... figs lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lehkonen value is probably between Hagel and Jankrok
And now, one of the playoff teams who missed out on Hagel and Jankrok, is going to be willing to pay it.

I now have to believe that Hughes will get the overpay that will have him move Lehkonen due to dueling suitors fearful of waiting til the last day, and ending up empty-handed.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Super steep price for Hagel but he's signed for two more years at 1.5 for a team like Tampa who have no cap room that's amazing value to have a top 6 forward on. They might 5-peat.

Reactions: Wats and 26Mats

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Nice to hear that Lehky is in play. Last thing I want is that he goes back to his 30 point ways on a more expensive contract.
Is he though? There really hasn’t been any rumours with teams attached to him. Not sure I see any teams willing to hand over a first for him. I would sooner see the Habs give up a 2nd to take Armia and we keep Lehky.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
In all seriousness, Tyler Pitlick better be in play. You never know what he could get. Perhaps a 5th, likely a 7th though.

I don't want a sub 20 or even 15 point 4th line center though. So I'd move him.

That would be a Bergevin's special TDL move like he did so many times, like Drewiske

Reactions: 26Mats

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Well since it's too soon to talk about 19-21, the bullsquat mostly goes to the terrible 2016, 2017 and 2018. Yet, that terrible 2016 just made it possible to acquire Hagel. And as bad as 2016 looks, Howden, picked 27 is the 19th best scored of that draft. What an overall bad draft year.
Stevie Y was working @ NHL HQ when the concussion lawsuits started to stir and had inside info about inevitability of the league going from traditional big boy hockey circa 2010 to what became reality in 2015-2016 season - owners had to force a game change or be at risk at serious financial repercussions from unforeseen injuries. Like MLB in the late 90s, there was also of course the need of rushing ELC to offset team salary / cap management.

When no one focused on tinkerbell players Johnson, Kucherov (who most believed couldn’t handle NHL toughness hence 2nd round), Point etc. Stevie Y went all in & deserves all the kudos, he used inside info available to him, which is what his GMs job is all about and executed it to perfection leveraging the Inside info Al Murray had accumulated after being canned by Kings years earlier, and hired as chief scout by Hockey Canada.

as I’ve repeatedly mentioned not even the most elite scouts can perform above norm for more than 5-years, and Murray now has reverted to the norm simply because his key contacts at top end development programs have all moved on.

Reactions: Runner77

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Colorado seems like a good destination for Lehkonen. They’re pushing their chips in, and need a forward, while having a plethora of prospects and picks.

Justin Barron is the focal piece coming back. Barron is an excellent skating defenseman that looks like he could develop into a big minute eating guy that does everything well. Given the Habs lack of depth on the right side, and Colorado’s deep blueline it makes sense for both sides.

To Colorado: Arturri Lehkonen

To Montreal: Justin Barron, Alex Beaucage

Avs get their versatile winger that can slide up and down the lineup. Habs get a top prospect at a position of organizational weakness with 1st round value, and another prospect with size that could develop into something down the road.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I feel like some of you don't realize the extra two years at 1.5 mil followed by RFA status are what added the second first to the deal. If Jake Evans suddenly became a 60 point forward he would get that return.

Reactions: Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad