Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 73 (Final Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cmon do something
giphy.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The problem with knowing the season was lost after 15 games, we have been waiting for the TDL since. MB gone adds to it as a bigger re....whatever is expected. The hype is huge. Hope HUGO are able to make us happy by pulling off a real good move or two ( and I know the market is the market ).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lehkonen to Rangers for a first good trade. Lehkonen no doubt will want Koktaniemi type money. Lehkonen is out scoring him so has an argument. I would trade Lehks now, 4.5million bring good player in free agency. There is flat cap next year. Be many good deals out there

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Curious if Hoffman is someone they'd be interested in.

I'm pretty sure guys like Hoffman, Armia, Drouin, Byron could be had for cheap if teams want them. I'd be only moving them for cheap if it freed up cap space though. If they send a cap dumb back, it has to be less term than who we are trading.

Hoffman could fit well with either of Danault or Kopitar IMO.

Jul 6, 2016
If Habs acquire McBain I hope they have already an insurance that he gonna sign with them and not any other team. It seems Wild are asking a second rounder for him. He certainly would be the ideal big left handed crnterman to play in the second line. Habs have none of that in their org.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin is an advisor to the GM Blake there now, have to think he has some bias for the guys he assembled

Even before MB got to LA a few months ago, when Hoffman was a UFA after his time in Florida, LA was a team that approached him. So they had an interest in him long before Bergevin.

Hoffman ended up signing a PTO with the Blues and then a one year deal with them. And this off-season, he signed with Montreal by Bergevin.

So if Blake was interested before, now with MB, it could be safe to guess they'd be interested in bringing him in.

The race is tight out West, but LA sit 2nd in the Pacific Division. So they are surely looking for help for a playoff push. And LA has a deep prospect pool that can be of interest.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Habs acquire McBainI hope they have already an insurance that he gonna sign with them and not any other team. It seems Wild are asking a second rounder for him

I agree. If I'm going to pay a 2nd R'd pick, I want permission to speak with the player and his rep to make sure he's interested in signing with you.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Top prospects that have a upwards track record since being drafted is the only real way way I'd have any interest in moving people like Lehkonen.

1. Prospects like McDonagh and Terravainen were let go precisely because their team thought they may have plateaued. This is where your own scouting staff are important.

2. We already have Gallagher, Armia, and Byron making a lot in the bottom 6. We can't afford to pay Lehkonen. We ned that cap space for the top 6.

Plus we have Pitlick, Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, Mysak, and many other bottom six prospects.

Roll the dice: take the 1st or good prospect and hope you hit a top 6 forward or top 4 D, or no. 1 goalie. Lehkonen is none of those. And those are our areas of need.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I've been reading and hearing Pavel Zacha's name mentioned with the Habs.

What's everyone's thoughts on him?

I know he hasn't quite lived up to his pre-draft hype but I kind of like the idea of going after him.

Wonder what it would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad