Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Didn't know you were Russian :)

I'm a 15 year old Russian. I thought you already knew that.

tumblr_mcoo7fMt9m1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
No first line players and no #1 D in that bunch this year. Wright could become a good 2nd line two-way center.
but doesnt that mean every team "loses" a year of assets? In other words, if Wright is a Star 2C - and everyone else is below him, still means we nailed the top dog in a weak draft. Saves a year of drafting regardless since the 2C spot is just as important as the 1C spot if a team is to contend for a Cup.
Unless we get a franchise C like McDavid - I'm fine with a 1/2C duo like Suzuki and Wright to lead a balanced top 6. Just means we must have top D to accommodate.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
but doesnt that mean every team "loses" a year of assets? In other words, if Wright is a Star 2C - and everyone else is below him, still means we nailed the top dog in a weak draft. Saves a year of drafting regardless since the 2C spot is just as important as the 1C spot if a team is to contend for a Cup.
Unless future reveals this draft cuvée is like 1999 w Sedin twins in the top-5 (a bust at 1OA - Stefan), and Zetterberg & Vrbata in the 7th round and nothing significant between

Reactions: themilosh

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs have let it be known to all Chiarot suitors that they are prepared to retain 50% of his salary: Le Canadien serait prêt à aider la prochaine équipe de Ben Chiarot | RumeursDeTransaction.com

I don’t see an issue with this if it helps them get the 1st rounder they’re after. It’s an expiring contract, so no biggie. I guess it just underscores the reality of how cap-strapped some teams really are.

Retaining half the salary on an expiring contract is the smart thing to do. It can help improve your return.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Is it fair to compare Nils Lundkvist to Torey Krug? If so, Habs need that type of player. I'd be very happy with Schneider too, but I doubt he's available. C'mon Hughes, pull the trigger!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Retaining half the salary on an expiring contract is the smart thing to do. It can help improve your return.

To me it sounds as if this is the best way for Hughes to ensure that he won’t get anything less than a 1st rounder. We’ve seen some pundits say the ask was a first and a third, but what they don’t want to get into is two second rounders. They look adamant about getting a first out of it, if Chiarot is the main piece.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Unless future reveals this draft cuvée is like 1999 w Sedin twins in the top-5 (a bust at 1OA - Stefan), and Zetterberg & Vrbata in the 7th round and nothing significant between
well yeah, every draft year has its busts.. so long as we capitalize on a weak draft, and not get stuck with a Yakupov, etc.. where the Habs have failed miserably is in the first round picks --- KK, Galchenyuk, etc... Those are HUGE misses - since it sets the franchise back (regardless if it is a weak draft). Sounds simple, but we'd be in a much different position right now if we had taken Tkachuk instead of KK, but I blame that on piss poor Scouts and MB. I know 18 y/o is young to predict -- but one would think that the top 10 of every draft should at least be a serviceable top 6 F or top 4D minimum.

If I were ownership, I'd have a very clear criteria -- you whiff on a top 10 you're fired! I don't need TT gambling on a (predraft) 12OA taken at #3 because "hey lets gamble"!! idiots, the lot of them.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Unless we get a franchise C like McDavid - I'm fine with a 1/2C duo like Suzuki and Wright to lead a balanced top 6. Just means we must have top D to accommodate.
Wright has the potential to be a 1C, just not the Mcdavid type, but how many McDavid do you have in the league ? Nemec and Jiricek are very good D prospects. Behind that you have a few talented wingers, good puck moving Ds. This draft does not seem that weak to me, especially on the European side of things.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Wright has the potential to be a 1C, just not the Mcdavid type, but how many McDavid do you have in the league ? Nemec and Jiricek are very good D prospects. Behind that you have a few talented wingers, good puck moving Ds. This draft does not seem that weak to me, especially on the European side of things.
true... I dont mean weak like the Yakupov draft.. More like a sturdy stable of Middle 6s, and potential top pairing Ds.. Outside of Wright, I would take Nemec first.. Gotta nail down that top D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate to do this to you, Runner, but I just have to ask. You tasted Bieber balls?

Damn I didn't see the question mark. Forget I said anything.

Pretty sure you can enlist online volunteers to find out, by resorting to those schmucks who performed the Tide Pod challenge.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
true... I dont mean weak like the Yakupov draft.. More like a sturdy stable of Middle 6s, and potential top pairing Ds.. Outside of Wright, I would take Nemec first.. Gotta nail down that top D
Yes I would agree with that. I believe Cooley Savoie are good prospects but I d take Nemec before them too. Caution though I tend to be higher than most on European Ds. Had Lundkvist 15-20, Branstrom Liljgren fringe top 10, Seider top 10 (and laughed at so thanks Yzerman ;) ) and boqvist higher than quinn Hughes so… ;)

Reactions: themilosh

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
well yeah, every draft year has its busts.. so long as we capitalize on a weak draft, and not get stuck with a Yakupov, etc.. where the Habs have failed miserably is in the first round picks --- KK, Galchenyuk, etc... Those are HUGE misses - since it sets the franchise back (regardless if it is a weak draft). Sounds simple, but we'd be in a much different position right now if we had taken Tkachuk instead of KK, but I blame that on piss poor Scouts and MB. I know 18 y/o is young to predict -- but one would think that the top 10 of every draft should at least be a serviceable top 6 F or top 4D minimum.

If I were ownership, I'd have a very clear criteria -- you whiff on a top 10 you're fired! I don't need TT gambling on a (predraft) 12OA taken at #3 because "hey lets gamble"!! idiots, the lot of them.

And yet in 05 the consensus pick for us at 5 was Brule but we gambled with Price.

I'd also point out that according to your blanket policy Chicago should've fired the people responsible for drafting Keith, Wisniewski, Crawford, Byfgulien, Bolland, Bickell, Brouwer, Hjarmarlsson because they missed on Barker @ 3 and Skille @7.

Reactions: Garnet76

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
And yet in 05 the consensus pick for us at 5 was Brule but we gambled with Price.

I'd also point out that according to your blanket policy Chicago should've fired the people responsible for drafting Keith, Wisniewski, Crawford, Byfgulien, Bolland, Bickell, Brouwer, Hjarmarlsson because they missed on Barker @ 3 and Skille @7.
yup.. they should have been fired... Inexcuseable picking Barker at 3rd... but... Chicago well, there's some history there.. maybe they get a 1 strike rule if they pull off a TT horseshoe with Habs..

As for Brule - yes that was the consensus at 5, but I have my 2 RULES for C - must be above 6'0" and must have above average NHL speed.. If habs didnt take Price, next C (after Brule) was Kopitar.. so... IIRC Kopitar was ranked 7th by central scouting that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad