Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
For me, Wright is all alone in his tier, at least in terms of centers. Maybe someone like Nemec or Jiricek can have the same kind of impact but I doubt it.

No first line players and no #1 D in that bunch this year. Wright could become a good 2nd line two-way center.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Habs will trade Chiarot soon. They got scared with his injury and apparently had an offer that they would have accepted before he got injured, and even though his injury is short term, they don't want to risk something more serious occurring. They also won't scratch him for a month.

Source that they had an offer they would have accepted?
If there's no 1st on the table, they are definitely not trading him right now.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Source that they had an offer they would have accepted?
If there's no 1st on the table, they are definitely not trading him right now.
I can't remember where I read it and it might not have been true. I do believe that Friedman said we had an offer for Chiarot before he got injured and that he likely would have been gone already, maybe even before Toffoli.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Or, they could fall on a Huberdeau, Dubois, Draisaitl, Heiskanen.

Kind of weird way of thinking. You still have high odds of drafting an elite player at the #3 spot.
I’m going with Habs luck Not other teams that actually have ppg players on their teams 3rd pick is a curse for the habs

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
No first line players and no #1 D in that bunch this year. Wright could become a good 2nd line two-way center.

No first line player? Wright's been on fire in the OHL and is again showing why he had exceptional player status as a 15 year old. Slavkovsky scored a goal a game in the Olympics at age 17 and was a big reason why Slovakia still might get a medal. Nemec has held his own in the Olympics. Any team should be happy with Yurov. Cooley was terrific in a top 6 center role in the WJC as a draft eligible. Savoie has as much offensive skill as anyone in the draft. Kemell's been terrific in Liiga. Miro might have the highest upside of anyone in the draft (could also bust).

This draft has all kinds of top line potential. People were even harder on last year's draft class and it's not looking too shabby right now. We're talking about every hockey player born in a 365 day period. There will be plenty of top line players.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
The chance of that occuring was less than 1/1000 or 0.09%. Nicely done.

Oddly enough, I just did it 5 times, and got third overall each and every time, which is also unlikely, thought not as much so.
That’s insane because I swear to god I clicked the link, simmed 6 times and Montreal got first overall 5 times in a row(1-5)

Reactions: Canadienna

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everybody panic!

200.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chiarot's injury delayed everything.

I don’t know about that. He was never placed on IR and his injury was not deemed serious so he likely would have been playing by now if the season meant something.

It looks to me that he’s being held back on account of negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad