Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I really do think we will get Kravtsov soon.
Most overrated player on mainboard on this website.

dude doesnt even look like a high top 6 player.
I would be dissapointed to get this player who has been on numerous trade talks and yet nobody traded for him , for a player we can get 1st pick for.

Im all in to get a good prospect for Chariot instead of a pick but not f***ing Kratsov , overrated bum.

Reactions: Runner77

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I don’t like Hoffmans contract. If we can get rid of it we do it. Not to mention he’s lazy as f*** as well. It will be hard to get rid of Price and Gallaghers contracts. Create Cap space with the others
If Samsonov is happening and we keep Allen somehow , Price will be LITR robidas island soon enough and won't be a problem.

Right now Gallagher Armia and Hoffman are the 3 players I would try to find a deal. Even if we get a cap dump for 1 year and a 5th pick from those players.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I wonder what it would take to get Edm to bite on Gally....

To Edm
Gallagher, Wideman,

To Mtl
Barrie, Kassian

Does that fly? Not keen on either Kassian or Barrie, but both have shorter deals, fill temporary needs, and could be moved next year for some draft/prospect value I'd expect.

That doesnt fix Edmontton problem defensively or in the net , that trade is not happening , they have Kane and just signed Hyman whos doing the same job as gallagher but better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Most overrated player on mainboard on this website.

dude doesnt even look like a high top 6 player.
I would be dissapointed to get this player who has been on numerous trade talks and yet nobody traded for him , for a player we can get 1st pick for.

Im all in to get a good prospect for Chariot instead of a pick but not f***ing Kratsov , overrated bum.

But our new good friend, Bobrov, endorsed and recommended the player. :sarcasm:

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Habs will trade Chiarot soon. They got scared with his injury and apparently had an offer that they would have accepted before he got injured, and even though his injury is short term, they don't want to risk something more serious occurring. They also won't scratch him for a month.

I'm leaning towards Lehkonen staying with us for this year. Kulak with retention for a pick at the deadline and Petry for a pick and/or prospect in the summer. Don't expect anything else. Gally and Anderson will be our vets. Nobody will touch Hoffman with a 10ft pole. You will get no value for Armia and we aren't retaining on that contract. Byron and Drouin with 50% retained next deadline. Dvorak is staying because we don't have any center that is top 6 ready and still won't after this draft. Savard is immovable. Edmundson will be kept for now because he's a vet and we will need at least one good vet dman. Price is likely done meaning that we will keep Allen because we don't want to play Primeau when he's not ready again and Monty deserves an extension.

Of course there's the opportunity to get free agents and/or taking on bad contracts for picks and/or prospects, but we REALLY need to make our picks count.
Agree with all of this , except for Lekhonen. I still think he can be traded. If Price comebacks next year we literally have 0 cap space. like you said some players have 0 value and Lekhonen is not worth the 4x3.2m contract. unless we sign him 1 year since he's rfa again , id rather trade him right now to get more cap this offseason for moves and taking cap dumps.

Of course if Price doesnt come back we will have alot of money after Drouin and Byron will leave , thats 20m for 3 players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Samsonov is happening and we keep Allen somehow , Price will be LITR robidas island soon enough and won't be a problem.

Right now Gallagher Armia and Hoffman are the 3 players I would try to find a deal. Even if we get a cap dump for 1 year and a 5th pick from those players.

Hopefully, you can add Drouin to that list as soon as he resumes play. I can’t take him anymore. :)

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
22 year olds 13 points in the KHL
still RFA in the KHL.
Sounds like a complete disaster , it's like reading a name in draft and you can tell the guy is gonna bust due to his name

Beyond his production, would it not be enough of a red flag if the player showed entitlement type behavior? I’ve seen his attitude compared to Drouin’s in the other thread.

Even if the player would display a boost in production — why would anyone want the headache he represents? Don’t even want to see this guy as a throw-in.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Beyond his production, would it not be enough of a red flag if the player showed entitlement type behavior? I’ve seen his attitude compared to Drouin’s in the other thread.

Even if the player would display a boost in production — why would anyone want the headache he represents? Don’t even want to see this guy as a throw-in.
Indeed unless he's like a sidecard in a deal . Like let'S say we get Chariot for a 1st pick 2023 and Kratsov ill be okay

but if its like Chariot for a 2nd pick and Kratsov ill lose my shit

Wouldnt mind like Lekhonen for 2nd pick + Kratsov cause I think Lekhonen is an overrated player and he's not worth the money hes gonna get.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Indeed unless he's like a sidecard in a deal . Like let'S say we get Chariot for a 1st pick 2023 and Kratsov ill be okay

Wouldnt mind like Lekhonen for 2nd pick + Kratsov cause I think Lekhonen is an overrated player and he's not worth the money hes gonna get.

I guess you’re looking at it from the standpoint of flipping him to another team? Cause he certainly doesn’t fit that character profile Hughes emphasized.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t know how much we can infer from all these rumors but it does appear that NY would be the likeliest destination. They have the prospects that Hughes values, there is Gorton’s familiarity with them and maybe the input from Bobrov to help tweak a deal.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I guess you’re looking at it from the standpoint of flipping him to another team? Cause he certainly doesn’t fit that character profile Hughes emphasized.
I mean he's another winger. If he's in a trade for Chariot

We have
Drouin 1 year left
Lekhonen (rfa)
Hoffman 2 years left
Anderson 5 years left
Gallagher 5 years left
Armia 3 years left
Byron 1 year left
Pitlick RFA ( did decent since acquired)
Caufield looks like hes back at playing hockey
Pezetta 12/13th forward on wings
Poehling plays on wings also

Thats 11 wingers for 8 spots and we don't count perhaps the upcoming rookies for next season.
The plan is to play Kratsov in the KHL and keep him there?

Even tho Drouin Byron Pitlick Lekhonen and Hoffman could all be gone by the deadline next season , we still have 7 wingers out of 8...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reading the Rangers’ forum, it’s a whole other perspective on player valuations for trading purposes, which is to be expected as all forums have homeristic tendencies.

Several of their posters believe that Gorton highly values Kravstov and will target him. Some think that it could involve a 1 for 1 swap for Lehkonen while others believe that Kravstov is a top 6 and should cost no less than Caufield.

The real disturbing takeaway is how much does Gorton value Kravstov cause if there’s a deal made, it looks like he might be a part of it.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Reading the Rangers’ forum, it’s a whole other perspective on player valuations for trading purposes, which is to be expected as all forums have homeristic tendencies.

Several of their posters believe that Gorton highly values Kravstov and will target him. Some think that it could involve a 1 for 1 swap for Lehkonen while others believe that Kravstov is a top 6 and should cost no less than Caufield.

The real disturbing takeaway is how much does Gorton value Kravstov cause if there’s a deal made, it looks like he might be a part of it.
This is where you can have some hope, Hughes is officially the GM and most definitely has a decent share of the decision making power. I know Gorton has significant sway, but this is why there is a partnership between the two. Hughes won't just let Gorton throw an overpayment out for their second trade to get a pet project (I hope).

Reactions: Runner77 and JAVO16

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Why do you say it's disturbing?

Reactions: Runner77 and Doc5

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

This is how I am looking at it. And again, what we have to get, HAVE TO GET are Cs and Ds with top line potential out of the garage sale of our players.

When we traded Toffoli we did not get a prospect like that but we got a 1st we could use for such a prospect. But for this meltdown to be really successful a couple of D+ prospects like that must be gotten by our Batman and Robin duo.

So the Chiarot plus Lehks for Lundkvist plus draft pucks plus Kravtsov rumour is fine with me because of Lundkvist.

Another trade where we get a winger and not a high potential PMD or C prospect are not coming back will be a real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad