Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 18/ Trade Deadline Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
So we have 4M cap space now?

Duchene's cap hit is over 6M correct? So Beaulieu's 1M going back the other way wouldn't be enough. I can't see the Avs being interested in any of our other Ds on the roster.

So probably another minor depth move tomorrow and MB will call it a day.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So we have 4M cap space now?

Duchene's cap hit is over 6M correct? So Beaulieu's 1M going back the other way wouldn't be enough. I can't see the Avs being interested in any of our other Ds on the roster.

So probably another minor depth move tomorrow and MB will call it a day.

Real top 6 will not be added. No cap space. That's why he was trying for Hansen.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't be surprised if MB moved out Plekanec and traded the kitchen sink for Duchene tomorrow

but I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
TDL is going to be boring as ****, what is left out there? Seems like a lot of teams already made their moves...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Move some salary the other way. MB did free up quite a bit already. According to Cap Friendly we're at $4.54M.

Move who? Emelin? Pleks?? Not happening. Maybe in summer but not now. Quiet day tomorrow
Hopefully Ott can score ...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Move who? Emelin? Pleks?? Not happening. Maybe in summer but not now. Quiet day tomorrow

If we were looking at Duchene or Landeskog, it's an additional $1.5M and $1M respectively. Pretty much anyone on the roster...

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

There's no way Bergevin is having a quiet day tomorrow. Not happening.

He'll get a forward. He has to. He might have to settle on a guy like Vrbata instead of getting that home run guy, but he will get someone.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Just offer Sergachev + Scherbak + 2017 1st + two 2018 2nd + Gallagher + Emelin for Landeskog and Duchene and see if Sakic bites.
Those two aren't worth that much. You're offering 3 firsts, 2 seconds, Gallagher and Emelin for them. Joe Thornton was traded for three middling players. Kessel was traded for some prospects. Literally no one commands such value, especially not Doosh and Landeskog who have been in a garbage losing, undisciplined team for all their careers. There is a reason why they're on the market.

I'd keep Sergachev because he's the only hope we have of Weber looking at all acceptable. Scherbak is worth risking in a trade away, the 1sts and 2nds I don't mind parting with, Gallagher must stay for at least another year, and Emelin I'd keep for his presence this year anyway. As a counterweight and to get him off our books Pleks must go the other way.

People will find a reason to complain, will find everything wrong with these players and accuse Bergevin of being a moron.
There's a reason why folks are upset, it has to do with the HORRIBLE year last year (do you remember, we lost a lot?) and how nothing changed over the offseason, how every scrub coach was retained, and how it happened again this year.

Context matters. Folks are annoyed because this team is starved for offense and has been for half a decade and all BargainBin can do is add bottom liners from the bargain bin. Individually they all may be good moves but ultimately they're nothing moves.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Those two aren't worth that much. You're offering 3 firsts, 2 seconds, Gallagher and Emelin for them. Joe Thornton was traded for three middling players. Kessel was traded for some prospects. Literally no one commands such value, especially not Doosh and Landeskog who have been in a garbage losing, undisciplined team for all their careers. There is a reason why they're on the market.

I'd keep Sergachev because he's the only hope we have of Weber looking at all acceptable. Scherbak is worth risking in a trade away, the 1sts and 2nds I don't mind parting with, Gallagher must stay for at least another year, and Emelin I'd keep for his presence this year anyway. As a counterweight and to get him off our books Pleks must go the other way.

There's a reason why folks are upset, it has to do with the HORRIBLE year last year (do you remember, we lost a lot?) and how nothing changed over the offseason, how every scrub coach was retained, and how it happened again this year.

Context matters. Folks are annoyed because this team is starved for offense and has been for half a decade and all BargainBin can do is add bottom liners from the bargain bin. Individually they all may be good moves but ultimately they're nothing moves.
That's false.....deadline is at 3pm, it can't be all if there's still time. There's too many bodies right now, some will be shipped out. We've won 3 in a row, 4 of the last 5, seems we're starting to heat up

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So Beaulieu, Scherbak, 2017 1st, Pleks for Landeskog/ Duchene ? This was my offer for Duchene , but does not seem like it is enough. Prefer Duchene, but not if it means Sergachev in place of Beaulieu. For Duchene I would take out Pleks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad