Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
no way MB trades big mac for a hanzel.

not saying big mac will land a MD, but not for a brittle rental like that.

If anything, MB wants Big Mac to learn how a big man plays center and he'd like for Hanzal to be the guy to show him. Trading Big Mac for Hanzal completely eliminates that possibility.

I don't know much about Hanzal aside from the fact he's a big boy. But Pierre McGuire is a big fan and he said that Hanzal is one tough customer and that players hate playing against him. That's gotta count for something. It's possible MB and his scouts probably see the same thing and that bringing him aboard, if only just as a rental, offers McCarron a chance to pick someone's brain.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I think MB understands that it's a different circumstance this time around. I'm sure Vanek would be highly motivated to win a cup, could be he last chance.

Vanek also doesn't want to leave detroit(he may have no choice obviously) and still might be a little sour about last time. It is very different circumstances this time though you are right. He is literally playing for a contract for next year. Last time his deal was up but it was clear he was going to Minnesota.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From Friedman's 30 thoughts

"1. We’ve been hearing about high prices for rentals. Word is Arizona’s initial ask from Montreal for Martin Hanzal was Michael McCarron and two draft picks — one a first-rounder, the other conditional. I look at it this way: You never know until you ask. But it also tells you why Hanzal is not a Canadien. We’ll see if both teams circle back."

Not a chance in hell I'd do that trade.

In case anyone was wondering why "Bargainbin" has only been making calls and hasn't pulled the trigger.

Friedman's reference speaks more to Chayka's negotiating style/ approach and how he's choosing to set his asking price rather than to what some other GM may or may not do. Chayka's is also known for making ridiculously low offers for other teams' better players. Not surprisingly, this kind of negotiation tactic begets spillage into the hands of a Friedman, rather than inviting a counter-offer outside of the mainstream media's purview.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2012
Isn't Hanzal always tasked with matching up against the best centers of the west?

If it was Big Mac + Cond 1st on Hanzal resigning here, I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but if that's the price than that's the price.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Friedman's reference speaks more to Chayka's negotiating style/ approach and how he's choosing to set his asking price rather than to what some other GM may or may not do. If I'm not mistaken, this ain't Chayka's first and only exaggerated asking price, which he also complements with ridiculously low offers for other teams' better players. This kind of negotiation tactic begets spillage into the hands of a Friedman, rather than inviting a counter-offer outside of the mainstream media's purview.

So dealing with him is like dealing with a used car salesman that epitomizes the worst traits of used car salesmen. Send in the Clown.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Isn't Hanzal always tasked with matching up against the best centers of the west?

If it was Big Mac + Cond 1st on Hanzal resigning here, I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but if that's the price than that's the price.

ok, but what he could brings that we realy need?

Montreal is probably one of the worst fit for Mart Hanzal

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
:laugh:

Of course Dreger would say that......they can go **** themselves, Sergachev ain't going nowhere. It's as though Dreger is trying to drive the price up on Habs

You think if we want a guy like Duchene they wouldn't want Sergachev?

neil2005

May 2, 2012
During the 1st intermission on SN, Eric Engels was on. He said although the Habs did talk to the Coyotes about Hanzal, it was a few months ago, and he doesn't see the Habs interested in him at the moment, unless Chucky's injury as long term. As well he says although Bergevin might have some interest Duchense, he believes Bergy is more interested in Landeskog, sees him as more of a Bergy type of player: Physical, character, hard working, captain of his team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:laugh:

Of course Dreger would say that......they can go **** themselves, Sergachev ain't going nowhere. It's as though Dreger is trying to drive the price up on Habs

Well it's true, you're not gonna get an impact player without losing Sergachev.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You think if we want a guy like Duchene they wouldn't want Sergachev?

Of course they would, doesn't mean you have to agree. You want our best prospect, arguably the best defenseman in the draft, then he can be part of a package for their best player.....McKinnon

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's not wrong though. A signed impact player would mean Sergachev as the main piece if we're talking strictly giving back picks/prospects.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Landeskog would be a quality add

With our Right Wing looking good with Radulov-Gallagher-Shaw (even if Gallagher is having a down year, he can get it going at any time.)

Imagine our Left Wing consisting of Pacioretty-Landeskog-Lehkonen. Sounds pretty good.

And I love Byron and he's been amazing for us this year. But I can imagine a Byron-Mitchell-Flynn 4th line and we are in real good shape, particularly on the wings if we land Landeskog.

However, I name all of these names but I'm pretty sure one of them will have to go the other way to make the cap work. Can't only give prospects and picks to bring in a guy who makes 5.57M.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
During the 1st intermission on SN, Eric Engels was on. He said although the Habs did talk to the Coyotes about Hanzal, it was a few months ago, and he doesn't see the Habs interested in him at the moment, unless Chucky's injury as long term. As well he says although Bergevin might have some interest Duchense, he believes Bergy is more interested in Landeskog, sees him as more of a Bergy type of player: Physical, character, hard working, captain of his team.

Been saying this for awhile about Bergevin's interest in Landeskog.

I honestly think that if he's healthy, he'd put this team over the top.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
I might be out there, think Florida would move Ekblad????

Why would we even want him though, he'd play behind him Weber and cost us a metric ****ton. If he was left handed it would make more sense, but I can't see Florida moving him for anything we have, unless we gutted our teams future/current core.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Martin Hanzal is like Michael Handzus. Very good 3rd liner center.

Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault
Hanzal-Gallagher
Mitchell-Flynn

Throw in Shaw Lehkonen Byron to any of those lines you get good chemistry. I feel we are missing an experienced Law and LD.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Of course they would, doesn't mean you have to agree. You want our best prospect, arguably the best defenseman in the draft, then he can be part of a package for their best player.....McKinnon
How is he arguably the best defenseman in the draft? It's way too early to say this. And there's no freaking way he's going to land a guy like Mackinnon unless that package included a better player than Sergachev himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad