Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lee, Seidenberg, Odyua would be my targets.

Lee-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Lekhonen-Plekanec-Byron
whatever

Oduya-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Seidenberg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sergachev sucked at WJC. But so did McDONAGH.

Yep. And not only that, but quite a few DOMINATED the WJC and didn't have incredible careers in the NHL. Jimmy Waite, Marty Murray, Martin Gendron, Cody Hodgson, Jamie Storr, Jason Botterill, Justin Pogge, Dave Chyzowski, Jordan Schroeder, Pat Peake, Chris Ferraro etc.

In 2014, just reading an article about who the most dissapointing players were, article written by the Hockey Writers: One name on the list? Leon Draisatl. Some people want Sergachev traded because of his tournament? Geez, I hope we would have been able to get our hands on Draisatl.....

And reading some HF members about the same tournament, I saw regularly the names of Drouin and Dumba too.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I was surprised he was even in they Russian team. They almost always go with kids from their own national program. The fact they took him after going to the O is a testament to how high they think of him.

As for him having a bad tourney, he wasn't used to his capacity or ability. Rarely had offensive starts, PP or much ice time so I'm not concerned at all by his tournament.

I'm not one to dwell on past trades but the guys who have no trouble trading him might be the same who wanted to trade McDonaugh for Gomez. Unless you're getting a top young player back or package for a legit superstar, you can't trade a young stud prospect. Comparing him to Balaj is ridiculous.

Ribeiro os being benched tonight. For anyone who thinks it's a good idea to trade for him as a 2nd line centre.

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Lee, Seidenberg, Odyua would be my targets.

Lee-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Lekhonen-Plekanec-Byron
whatever

Oduya-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Seidenberg

Markov is 10x the player Beaulieu, Emelin, Oduya and Seidenberg are...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Seidenberg would be a good target but we also need another solid top6 forward as well.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

Eh no! Mcdonagh didnt suck at all at his WJC. He was used the way that coach Eaves used him with the Badgers, as a steady stay-at-home and was abke to manage some points. Blum and Shattenkirk were received the offensive missions. The only problem with USA is that they dont realy the bronze medal game, but this happens many times.

In 2014, just reading an article about who the most dissapointing players were, article written by the Hockey Writers: One name on the list? Leon Draisatl. Some people want Sergachev traded because of his tournament? Geez, I hope we would have been able to get our hands on Draisatl.

I didnt see people asking a trade because of a WJC, I see people asking for a star player and you just dont get that with late 1st picks, McCarron, Scherbak or Juulsen. You have to be willing to pay the price

About Duchene, i would be ok with the add but remember you guys that Duchene has not put 60 points in a season since 2013-14 and we dont realy know for the moment if the guy would be willing to stay with us when his contract will finish when our cup window could be closed. I think I would be more at ease to go with a younger Landeskog even if the guy is less offensivly gifted.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Eh no! Mcdonagh didnt suck at all at his WJC. He was used the way that coach Eaves used him with the Badgers, as a steady stay-at-home and was abke to manage some points. Blum and Shattenkirk were received the offensive missions. The only problem with USA is that they dont realy the bronze medal game, but this happens many times.

I didnt see people asking a trade because of a WJC, I see people asking for a star player and you just dont get that with late 1st picks, McCarron, Scherbak or Juulsen. You have to be willing to pay the price

About Duchene, i would be ok with the add but remember you guys that Duchene has not put 60 points in a season since 2013-14 and we dont realy know for the moment if the guy would be willing to stay with us when his contract will finish when our cup window could be closed. I think I would be more at ease to go with a younger Landeskog even if the guy is less offensivly gifted.

I'd prefer Landeskog too. And this idea that he isn't offensive (not what you said, but what many of hf'ers have parroted) look at his stats please. Add to that he is gritty down low, a leader, signed longer term, and good two-way and he is only 23 years old fitting in with the group

Landeskog > Duchene imho

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
If I'm MB I don't trade Sergachev, I trade Juulsen+ for a decent 2C/3C level player. Sergachev will be on the 2nd or 3rd pairing starting next year and Juulsen will need his AHL time before he's ready to play at Beaulieu/Pateryn's level.

Shop Juulsen + 2017 1st, see what that reels in.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I'd prefer Landeskog too. And this idea that he isn't offensive (not what you said, but what many of hf'ers have parroted) look at his stats please. Add to that he is gritty down low, a leader, signed longer term, and good two-way and he is only 23 years old fitting in with the group

Landeskog > Duchene imho

Duchene is only 25 and he's a center who excel on faceoffs.

Duchene fits a lot better than Landeskog... yes he's only signed for 2 more years, but most star players saty with their teams, very few make it to free agency.

I wouldn't be unhappy though to get Landeskog, but I don't see how he's better than Duchene. Duchene and Pacioretty would be dynamite !

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If I'm MB I don't trade Sergachev, I trade Juulsen+ for a decent 2C/3C level player. Sergachev will be on the 2nd or 3rd pairing starting next year and Juulsen will need his AHL time before he's ready to play at Beaulieu/Pateryn's level.

Shop Juulsen + 2017 1st, see what that reels in.

IMO trading Juulsen and a 1st for a subpar player is worst than losing Sergachev for an impact player

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Duchene is only 25 and he's a center who excel on faceoffs.

Duchene fits a lot better than Landeskog... yes he's only signed for 2 more years, but most star players saty with their teams, very few make it to free agency.

I wouldn't be unhappy though to get Landeskog, but I don't see how he's better than Duchene. Duchene and Pacioretty would be dynamite !

I think Landeskog brings more to a roster overall than does Duchene. Plus he is younger and signed longer.

Duchene hasn't always played center.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I think Landeskog brings more to a roster overall than does Duchene. Plus he is younger and signed longer.

Duchene hasn't always played center.

Neither did Galchenyuk, yet he's still our no1 and should be for a foreseeable future.

Again, they are only 2 years apart and Duchene is still very young... I prefer a center... we already have Lehkonen who is eyeing the 2nd LW spot, why Landeskog ? Who do we have for the 2nd line center ? In what world Landeskog brings more than Duchene ? Who's faster and more offensive ? Duchene AINEC... Yes Landeskog brings more leadership, but we already have plenty... there's the physicality, that I agree, but we need more a center than a winger...

Don't get me wrong again, I'd be thrill to have landeskog, but Duchene is the guy we need most...

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Neither did Galchenyuk, yet he's still our no1 and should be for a foreseeable future.

Again, they are only 2 years apart and Duchene is still very young... I prefer a center... we already have Lehkonen who is eyeing the 2nd LW spot, why Landeskog ? Who do we have for the 2nd line center ? In what world Landeskog brings more than Duchene ? Who's faster and more offensive ? Duchene AINEC... Yes Landeskog brings more leadership, but we already have plenty... there's the physicality, that I agree, but we need more a center than a winger...

Don't get me wrong again, I'd be thrill to have landeskog, but Duchene is the guy we need most...

It isn't a black or white argument. I agree habs could use a centermen more.

And I would be thrilled to have Duchene. One or the other the team is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad