Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Im not the biggest Emelin fan but surprisingly hes been the most consistant dmen for the habs this year, dont see any reason why to find a new partner for Weber. Anyway Oduya at this point of his career is not an upgrade over Emelin, he would be a 5-6D.

Stanley cup winner though and that's not a bad player to add to our team.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't think Plekanac play is something he can sustain...especially come playoff time.

He will be fine during Playoffs if MT plays him 15-16 minutes a game, not like 19-20 he played the last few seasons.

Duchene might be the solution, but expect AVS to demand Sergachev + 1st round pick(s) just to start talking...

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
At forward, 2C is where we need an upgrade. The only other questionable spot is 2lw but I think Lehkonen can take care of it. If Duchene really is available, I hope Bergevin goes all in. He is perfect and extends our cup window for many years. I really hope there is a way to get it done without giving up Sergachev... I'd build a package around Pleks, McCarron, Juulsen and a 1st.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He will be fine during Playoffs if MT plays him 15-16 minutes a game, not like 19-20 he played the last few seasons.

Duchene might be the solution, but expect AVS to demand Sergachev + 1st round pick(s) just to start talking...

Then I'd want McKinnon just to start talking

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
At forward, 2C is where we need an upgrade. The only other questionable spot is 2lw but I think Lehkonen can take care of it. If Duchene really is available, I hope Bergevin goes all in. He is perfect and extends our cup window for many years. I really hope there is a way to get it done without giving up Sergachev... I'd build a package around Pleks, McCarron, Juulsen and a 1st.[/QUOTE

It would be unbelievable if MB can somehow make that kind of deal and you can substitute any of these pieces with Scherback or Beaulieu if its more interesting for colorado and i would still do it.. All the important part of the puzzle(top 6 for, top 4 d and goalie) are fixed for the next 5+ years( assuming radu resign here)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Eh no! Mcdonagh didnt suck at all at his WJC. He was used the way that coach Eaves used him with the Badgers, as a steady stay-at-home and was abke to manage some points. Blum and Shattenkirk were received the offensive missions. The only problem with USA is that they dont realy the bronze medal game, but this happens many times.

Well he didn't suck, but I don't agree with you that it was just about his usage as most of his "problems" during that tournament was defensively. So he didn't produce as much as we'd have hope...but he also was beaten way too easily.

I didnt see people asking a trade because of a WJC, I see people asking for a star player and you just dont get that with late 1st picks, McCarron, Scherbak or Juulsen. You have to be willing to pay the price

About Duchene, i would be ok with the add but remember you guys that Duchene has not put 60 points in a season since 2013-14 and we dont realy know for the moment if the guy would be willing to stay with us when his contract will finish when our cup window could be closed. I think I would be more at ease to go with a younger Landeskog even if the guy is less offensivly gifted.

Well I'm here quite often, and I can tell you that prior to the WJC, while Duchene name was also mentioned and everybody else was, you can count on the half of your left hand the times where Sergachev was mentioned. EVERYBODY recognized how we will NEED him when Markov steps down and that will be awfully soon. Once the WJC was finished, SURPRISINGLY enough, you saw WAY more proposals involving him. So yeah, nobody wants him to be traded because he had a difficult tournament...but for quite a few, he is now more "tradeable". Which for me, makes just as less sense. His play during this tournament should have NO bearings over whether he's tradeable or not even for whoever is in play. The opinion you had BEFORE the WJC, has to be the same opinion you have right now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Absolutely not, in fact i would love to have him as a partner for Beaulieu on the 3rd pairing

I agree. MB should make Oduya a prime target. He brings what this team needs and the Chicago connection.

Last thing the habs need is to have Barb/Johnston an injury away from being in the top 6 come playoff time.

One of Chicago's 2nds for Oduya, it would be pretty poetic :D:D

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
With Galchy back, Danault's impressive progression and Plekky's sudden wake up, I think we are fine at center for the time being. I am more worrying about bottom D pairing, especially IF Markov is still gone for a while. The actual top-four is over worked.

I don't think Plekanac play is something he can sustain...especially come playoff time.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So I was reading the Rumours section of The Hockey News and they were reporting the rumour that Boston is interested in Landeskog and that Sakic was looking for Carlo coming back, I assume as the main piece to the Avs. Boston balked.

If true this is very interesting. Don't know much about Carlo other than he has made the Bruins, is big, just turned 20, and projects as a good shutdown guy but without much offensive potential. It's the lack of offense that I find surprising as this is not the kind of D man I thought Joe would look for in exchange.

Again, IF this is true, I have to think that with Juulsen's potential to me being greater than what Carlo's appears to be , that Sakic might be open to Juulsen coming back and not be adamant it be Sergachev. Our adds would no doubt have to be better as Carlo is actually playing in the NHL, but okay. Say Juulsen, Scherbak, , 2017 1st and 2nd, for Duchene. I would add Hudon but he needs to be protected, but if they want him, fine. Beaulieu as the main piece back if it has to be him?

On another note, in terms of lesser options for 2C, Bargain style, I come around to Strome from the Isles. He seems to be a bit of an odd man out, Isles fans don't seem to attach much value to him, but he looks like the guy with the decent player maker skills at center. If he could be had cheap, might be worth a shot and at worst to compete with Carr and Ghetto for a spot. Maybe not the answer to the 2C, but if you get him now there is time to see what he brings before the TDL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So I was reading the Rumours section of The Hockey News and they were reporting the rumour that Boston is interested in Landeskog and that Sakic was looking for Carlo coming back, I assume as the main piece to the Avs. Boston balked.

If true this is very interesting. Don't know much about Carlo other than he has made the Bruins, is big, just turned 20, and projects as a good shutdown guy but without much offensive potential. It's the lack of offense that I find surprising as this is not the kind of D man I thought Joe would look for in exchange.

Again, IF this is true, I have to think that with Juulsen's potential to me being greater than what Carlo's appears to be , that Sakic might be open to Juulsen coming back and not be adamant it be Sergachev. Our adds would no doubt have to be better as Carlo is actually playing in the NHL, but okay. Say Juulsen, Scherbak, , 2017 1st and 2nd, for Duchene. I would add Hudon but he needs to be protected, but if they want him, fine. Beaulieu as the main piece back if it has to be him?

On another note, in terms of lesser options for 2C, Bargain style, I come around to Strome from the Isles. He seems to be a bit of an odd man out, Isles fans don't seem to attach much value to him, but he looks like the guy with the decent player maker skills at center. If he could be had cheap, might be worth a shot and at worst to compete with Carr and Ghetto for a spot. Maybe not the answer to the 2C, but if you get him now there is time to see what he brings before the TDL.

I don't think it's smart to trade for someone just to see what they can bring before the TDL thinking that you can trade him again in time for the deadline if they don't deliver. I think if you trade for someone, particularly at center, you move for someone you intend to keep. If it's someone you don't intend to keep, you go for a rental.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think it's smart to trade for someone just to see what they can bring before the TDL thinking that you can trade him again in time for the deadline. I think if you trade for someone, particularly at center, you move for someone you intend to keep. If it's someone you don't intend to keep, you go for a rental.

Sorry, didn't mean trading Strome before the deadline if he doesn't take over the 2C role. Meant that if he didn't pan out there at worst he fights it out for a spot against Carr and Ghetto but that we would have time to then look for a 2C at the TDL.

I also am looking at him as possibly a cheap pick-up, a la some of the moves MB has made where he has picked off good players for not much or nothing ie Weise, Byron, Petry etc. If not cheap then no.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Since Shipachev has to go through waivers if he signs with an NHL team, can Bergevin sign him and have a deal with the bottom feeding team picking 1st on waivers, getting Shipachev for a draft pick or a prospect ?

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Since Shipachev has to go through waivers if he signs with an NHL team, can Bergevin sign him and have a deal with the bottom feeding team picking 1st on waivers, getting Shipachev for a draft pick or a prospect ?

What number is Montreal on the waiver wire?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know we need a 2C but man, we need some defensive help in a big way. I know Markov is coming back but we're a tire fire in our zone. We need a dependable vet to pair with Beaulieu when he gets put back on the 3rd pairing...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Most realistic trade that will help the team the most.

Sharp+Oduya for 2nd+Hudon maybe another pick or prospect. Sharp can play wing or C if I am not mistaken. He is UFA. He has cups. Oduay would fit on the bottom pair and has cups. Both played in Chicago. Only problem is Sharp has an NTC so he would have to waive.

Max-AG-Rads
Sharp-Danault-Shaw
Byron-Plek-Lek
Mac-Mitchel-Flynn

Weber-Emelin
Markov-Petry
Beau-Oduya

Price

That is a lineup IMHO that can challange for a cup and won't break the bank.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
IF Duchene is too expensive (Pleks+Sergachev + more)...

<Couturier (center and can play left-wing? playoff forward)
<Seidenberg (leftie dman can play on RIGHT side)
<Oduya (can he play on the right side? just in case...).

HEALTHY lineup (playoffs):
Pacioretty...Galchenyuk...Radulov
Byron/Lehkonen...Pleks...Gallagher
Danault/Couturier...Couturier/Danault...Shaw
Byron/Lehkonen...Mitchell...McCarron
Hudon
Flynn

Playoffs:
Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu/Markov - Petry
Markov/Beaulieu/Oduya - Seidenberg
Oduya - Pateryn
__?__ - Redmond

Price
Montoya

P.S.: only a clown coach/GM would let 5'5 DD and softer-than-butter-Barberio play in the playoffs...the GM needs to make sure this doesn't happen...or else the GM and coach (and DD/Barberio) all need to give their salaries to Byron and Danault.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Danault is now at 2C production and is very good at face-offs. I am really surprised at his performance this year. With more TOI his numbers will be more solidly in 2C range, what a steal by MB.

Let's see how things go to TDL, but if Danault keeps this up our centers of Chucky, Danault, Pleks and Mitchell are good.

Having said that, adding Duchene would be a good upgrade at 2C, though don't know where Pleks fits then. However, I would be very reluctant to pull the trigger on Duchene if the cost is Sergachev, who I think will be in the line-up next season.

Still think trying for Strome is a good idea if he can be had for cheap.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
If Bergevin cannot land a #2 center because it is to expensive or one is just not available,then he will probably add a veteran winger in the last year of their contract like......Jagr,Iginla,Doan,Eaves,Versteeg,Burrows.......my guess would be Burrows.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Bergevin cannot land a #2 center because it is to expensive or one is just not available,then he will probably add a veteran winger in the last year of their contract like......Jagr,Iginla,Doan,Eaves,Versteeg,Burrows.......my guess would be Burrows.

I've been on the Iginla bandwagon for a while now. Especially with Gallagher out long term and at the time Shaw was also out but we didn't know when he'd return. Even if we do get him and everyone is healthy, he'd be a real solid RW to have on the 4th line who can go up and down the line-up. He's a rental and part of the deal with Colorado could include having part of his 5.53M retained.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What about Doan?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing with our core guys.....Weber, Price being his cousin or something of that nature, Paccioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher. To me it would seem enticing. Although he may want to be traded to a San Jose/Anaheim team that's near his home in Arizona......Doan in a bottom 6 would be amazing

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What about Doan?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing with our core guys.....Weber, Price being his cousin or something of that nature, Paccioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher. To me it would seem enticing. Although he may want to be traded to a San Jose/Anaheim team that's near his home in Arizona......Doan in a bottom 6 would be amazing

Would it? His lack of foot speed might be an issue. Also he has shown no interest in the past from changing teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad