Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Like the MD trade, just don't think he gives a #1 away, which may be the reason we don't get MD

The best thing about Duchesne is that he is versatile, playing all forward positions. Our 1st is most likely a low one and I'd give it up for a very solid 2nd liner. He's a guy who could move to the 1st and replace anyone who went down. He'd be worth more on a longer contract IMO.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I never even look at this thread, but I want to run something by the regulars here.

Dan Hamhuis at a reasonable price, would you do it?

3.75M on the cap prorated for the rest of the season and he has another year on his contract.

I love Hamhuis. The guy is so solid in his own end and would be a great pairing with Weber. Not sure if Dallas is willing to trade him though.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I never even look at this thread, but I want to run something by the regulars here.

Dan Hamhuis at a reasonable price, would you do it?

3.75M on the cap prorated for the rest of the season and he has another year on his contract.

Having seen Hamhuis at the tail end of his run in Vancouver, I'm not sure he is worth picking up.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Too much money on D to acquire Hamhuis.

We're fine on D when Markov and Pateryn come back, unless we want a #1 d-man but they never get traded and Beaulieu might be making huge gains until the end of season.

It's the top6 that needs a good player, any position but preferably a good C. Our depth is acceptable elsewhere. Aside from Pleks, we're a good looking team if most folks are healthy.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So if we do get a top 6 C what happens with Pleks if he's still with us post-deadline? Not that I really care mind you.

Danault's game has grown by leaps and bounds and surely deserves that 3c spot.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I mean, that is if I was Sakic. If I was Sakic I'd call Bergevin and tell him Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st gets one of Duchene or Landeskog.

That's too much for either. I think it was Bob Mckenzie on 690 this week, said Boston is after GL. Colorado is asking #1 pick and top prospect.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The best thing about Duchesne is that he is versatile, playing all forward positions. Our 1st is most likely a low one and I'd give it up for a very solid 2nd liner. He's a guy who could move to the 1st and replace anyone who went down. He'd be worth more on a longer contract IMO.

Duchesne made the squad for world cup, MB knows him...Thus I bet he tries hard

Then habs have 3 guys off that team

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Matt Duchene would be the best forward on the team and he is most certainly a 1st liner. You're not top 10 in ES scoring for years if you're not a top line player. I'm not sure where this ''2nd liner'' narrative comes from, but it's nonsense.

Anyway here's a scouting report:

Pros: Terrific speed and lateral ability, but also knows how to slow down and play around the net. Can play all three positions. Plays best with give and go players, guys who know to hit him with a pass when he built up his speed and we have that. Best FO taker in the NHL this season, and close to the top in seasons past. Scores more goals as a winger, plays more as a playmaker at centre. Elite ES point producer. Terrific motor and work ethic. Can take over games.

Cons: Rather pedestrian PP numbers, tough to say what's the reason for that, but the Avs PP is a trainwreck in general. Can get frustrated and try to hard when the points aren't coming, that causes him to play with blinders on. Not as good defensively as I would've liked, but not bad either, probably around average. However, he showed more defensively each time he played for Team Canada.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Might not be sexy picks, but could be useful without depleting our farm and being cap strapped for many years on our NHL roster.

:habs

Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Kasperi Kapanen

:leafs

Noah Juulsen
Tomas Plekanec
1st 2017 (early 2nd if they would accept it)

How I see it

Kapanen = Juulsen ( I think Kapanen's going to be a good low-end 1st liner/2nd liner
Komarov = Plekanec (slight edge to Plekanec)
Bozak = late 1st (early second)

François Beauchemin (1m retained --- 3.5m next season)

:avs

David Desharnais
4th 2017

Lekhonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Bozak (Danault for chemistry?)-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Komarov-Mitchell-McCarron

D pairs depending on actual play.. could be plenty of options but let's say

Beauchemin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Emelin

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Might not be sexy picks, but could be useful without depleting our farm and being cap strapped for many years on our NHL roster.

Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Kasperi Kapanen

:leafs

Noah Juulsen
Tomas Plekanec
1st 2017 (early 2nd if they would accept it)

How I see it

Kapanen = Juulsen ( I think Kapanen's going to be a good low-end 1st liner/2nd liner
Komarov = Plekanec (slight edge to Plekanec)
Bozak = late 1st (early second)

François Beauchemin (1m retained --- 3.5m next season)

:avs

David Desharnais
4th 2017

Lekhonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Bozak (Danault for chemistry?)-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Komarov-Mitchell-McCarron

D pairs depending on actual play.. could be plenty of options but let's say

Beauchemin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Emelin

I legit think that makes the team worse.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Id give a lot to get a quebecer like Mathieu Duchene.

With Phillip Danault, Torrey Mitchell, Paul Byron, (maybe Desharnais and Barberio if they're still around), and then add names like Nathan Beaulieu and Matt Duchene, the Canadiens suddenly sound like they're stocking up on Quebec-born francophones. :sarcasm:

That should fend off the PQ and Réjean Tremblay.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
That's too much for either. I think it was Bob Mckenzie on 690 this week, said Boston is after GL. Colorado is asking #1 pick and top prospect.

If all they are asking for is a 1st and a top prospect then a team would've have bitten by now.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
N1t0F.jpg

Making a point.

Read through this thread and count how many times it happens.

It's as bad as the Josh Georges spellings we had to endure for years.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Really don't see the AVs trading Duchene to us for a package including a D prospect unless it is Sergachev, and I do not want to lose him.

Wonder if the leafs would move Kadri for Juulsen plus 2017 1st.

Still thinking about Strome, Henrique and Bjugstad. Strome has been having difficulty this year but he has hit 50 points and has playmaking ability. Being used at wing. Bjugstad seems on the outs in Florida, bit of an injury history. Henrique would be a more certain addition to get you the 20/50 production I think you need minimally out of a 2C, but NJ center depth is brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad