Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Give it 2 years, people will look back and laugh at the notion of there being a time when HFers did not want to trade Sergachev for Matt Duchene. Reminds me of when people didn't wanna trade the Kostitsyns for Marian Hossa lol.

I sort of have the feeling of this as well.

I think Sergachev will be an NHL defensemen, just we don't know if he will be top pairing, top4? We don't know what he will actually pan out to.

Duchene we know what he is and is a top center imo which the Habs are looking for. I also believe he fits in the Habs style like a glove with the speed he has.

What is really enticing to me is finally having a legit #1 & #2 center both of which can play as a #1. Most contenders have 2 good centers. The other side of things I see it from. Look how long it took us to get a #1 center in Galchenyuk we had to tank. The Habs are in no position to tank right now. Everyone goes on about how top line enters aren't available in trades, you have to draft and develop them. Well according to Bergevin. Now the complete opposite has made itself surface. There is a top center available for trade and supposedly we have the pieces Colorado would want for him. I say we go for it with Duchene who is a sure thing.

We are needing to move forward and not waiting for guys to develop anymore. We are contending. Duchene helps you contend atleast for the next two years and potentially longer if we re-sign him.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd want a cost controlled asset in return for Sergachev. Two-ish years of Duchene for a top prospect is a pretty short term move. I'm fine with trading Sergachev, but I'd prefer a player with more term or RFA years left. Even if it means having a player that doesn't make a huge impact this year, but maybe plays in a secondary role.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I sort of have the feeling of this as well.

I think Sergachev will be an NHL defensemen, just we don't know if he will be top pairing, top4? We don't know what he will actually pan out to.

Duchene we know what he is and is a top center imo which the Habs are looking for. I also believe he fits in the Habs style like a glove with the speed he has.

What is really enticing to me is finally having a legit #1 & #2 center both of which can play as a #1. Most contenders have 2 good centers. The other side of things I see it from. Look how long it took us to get a #1 center in Galchenyuk we had to tank. The Habs are in no position to tank right now. Everyone goes on about how top line enters aren't available in trades, you have to draft and develop them. Well according to Bergevin. Now the complete opposite has made itself surface. There is a top center available for trade and supposedly we have the pieces Colorado would want for him. I say we go for it with Duchene who is a sure thing.

We are needing to move forward and not waiting for guys to develop anymore. We are contending. Duchene helps you contend atleast for the next two years and potentially longer if we re-sign him.

I've been saying the exact same thing. There seems to be two camps on this board; those who want the habs to go for it and trade for a 1st line center (which won't happen without including Sergachev), and those who would like to keep all the shiny new prospects to see how they develop and have no chance at the Cup for another 20 years or however long it would take to have a core like this again.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
But we only need a 2nd center, not a 1st. Galchenyuk is the 1st center.

If we get a top centre it's going to be for a 1st or 2 x 2nds + a prospect and maybe a roster player, no Sergachev but probably anyone else is in play.

We're simply not in a position to trade our top prospect, especially one who plays at a position of need and looks close to contributing on the big club as early as next year.

Hanzal remains the most likely target, or they wait and see if Plekanec turns himself back into a 2C.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I'd want a cost controlled asset in return for Sergachev. Two-ish years of Duchene for a top prospect is a pretty short term move. I'm fine with trading Sergachev, but I'd prefer a player with more term or RFA years left. Even if it means having a player that doesn't make a huge impact this year, but maybe plays in a secondary role.

Yeah, this is the only way he moves, for a young LD that is more ready and still cost controlled.

Really doubt they would be over the moon with him in June and ready to trade him in January though.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Sergachev is 6'3" 225 lbs. Skates like the wind and smooth style. His offense is top notch but raw on defense. Hockey sense is high. Aside from being Russian that we stereo type. We think skills no defense. What if he is Swedish we compare him to Karlsson or OEL or Hedman. I think Sergachev has all the skills that make up a top defenseman and the size to go with it. He's gonna be a total package. I would be hesitant to give him up.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Sergachev is 6'3" 225 lbs. Skates like the wind and smooth style. His offense is top notch but raw on defense. Hockey sense is high. Aside from being Russian that we stereo type. We think skills no defense. What if he is Swedish we compare him to Karlsson or OEL or Hedman. I think Sergachev has all the skills that make up a top defenseman and the size to go with it. He's gonna be a total package. I would be hesitant to give him up.

Well said. This is exactly how I feel. Let him learn the Xs and Os from guys like Markov and Weber and watch his talent take over.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I mean, it's all a shot in the dark. He could be Karlsson or Hedman maybe. He could also be Dmitry Kulikov, Ryan Ellis or Tyler Myers. Hell he could be Nathan Beaulieu. Competent defensemen you would trade in a second for a guy like Duchene because for all the potential they just aren't elite in the end.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
cheaper options:

Call Detroit: ask both Tomas Tatar and Gustav Nyquist. Both although small side have plenty of playoffs experience.
Throw out prospect names like Juulsen, Carr, McCarron, Hudon, 1st round picks see what Holland thinks. Call Arizona offer Plekanec and pick for Hanzal.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Nyquist-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Hanzal-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn
Lehkonen-

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Both Tatar and Nyquist came into the Wings after they turned into a garbage dump. They have less experience than most of our team and tend to no-show in the playoffs. Nyquist has worse playoff numbers than DD.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Our biggest hole once we get healthy is 3rd pairing RHD

Trade Nygren's rights and a 3rd or 4th to the Flames for Engelland

If Preds fall out of contention I'd send a 2nd and B prospect to them for Mike Fisher, good vet having a decent year, solid playoff stats and another RHC - McCarron is just not quite there yet. He has a NMC and hopefully a chance to join back with Weber is a selling feature and we don't have to overpay

Can look at adding a more significant piece up the middle this offseason but Danault's play and Pleks seeming to wake up a little has me less concerned there, as has Lehkonen shoring up the left side

I just think someone is going to overpay massively for Hanzal due to the lack of players available - maybe the expansion draft makes a few more on the block but the UFA crop is pretty sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad