HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
What if Poilievre wins the election?
I honestly think we have more chances of getting Bedard than of that happening.
No conservative refrained from voting for O'Toole because he wasn't "extreme" enough and he still lost.
There will be far more people refraining from voting for Poilievre because he's "too extreme" - he'll steal Bernier votes but lose a more sizable amount to independents that won't want to vote for either of Poilievre or Trudeau/Freeland.

Back on topic, I reiterate that we'll shop for a young top pair D in 2 years with our surplus at C (we might have Suzuki, PLD, Dach, R1 2023 which is way too rich to entertain if everyone pans out). Might be Nemec/Jiricek/Morrow/Boqvist/Dobson or an RFA that won't re-sign at their current location). All those options seem like a better bang for the buck than 9.5M aav Jones imho.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Habs be big noise makers as trade deadline approaches. They have so many expiring contracts. Which are easy to move then. It'll free up a lot of caproom for them also. Caproom is tight around league. Montreal should hit it out of the park late in season
That’s the hope. Good years from soon tue be UFAs will get them on a contender and a bigger contract. Win/win/win for all sides.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hard to say honestly with the tight cap, never thought Pacioretty would go for Futur Consideration. Jones have a really big contrat but at the same time, it's the price for a 1st pair Dmen.

I guess, but Jones is a 1st pair D-man the same way Anderson is a premier power-forward. The eye test and contract says so, but the results say incredibly overpaid and overrated.

Jones isn't waiving his NMC to go to Canada anyways, but the team and market are finally in a place where they're willing to bite the bullet and actually rebuild. It would be a mistake to rush that just for the sake of Jones.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Peteux

Jul 15, 2010
I honestly think we have more chances of getting Bedard than of that happening.
No conservative refrained from voting for O'Toole because he wasn't "extreme" enough and he still lost.
There will be far more people refraining from voting for Poilievre because he's "too extreme" - he'll steal Bernier votes but lose a more sizable amount to independents that won't want to vote for either of Poilievre or Trudeau/Freeland.

Back on topic, I reiterate that we'll shop for a young top pair D in 2 years with our surplus at C (we might have Suzuki, PLD, Dach, R1 2023 which is way too rich to entertain if everyone pans out). Might be Nemec/Jiricek/Morrow/Boqvist/Dobson or an RFA that won't re-sign at their current location). All those options seem like a better bang for the buck than 9.5M aav Jones imho.
Nemec/Jiricek/Morrow/Boqvist/Dobson is very optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad